Should The Delta State Governor Do As Promised?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Should The Delta State Governor Do As Promised?

Post by Odas »

The Delta State governor (Dr. OKowa) was said to have promised the Super-eagles (SE) $25k for every goal they will score against South Africa (SA). In our game against SA, the only goal we scored was a "deflection" and indeed an "own goal."

In this scenario, should the governor still give the SE the $25k as promised? Why should he and/or why should he not? What is your take or position in this matter?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Should The Delta State Governor Do As Promised?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

SE should tell him to use the money to fund Delta state hospitals instead . :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:SE should tell him to use the money to fund Delta state hospitals instead . :thumb:
Good idea, I must say
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:SE should tell him to use the money to fund Delta state hospitals instead . :thumb:
And he go take am dash him latest babe
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Agreed with Above. If it's from his personal coffers then he can go to town on this but if it is state coffers ..No

We need to put a lid on these government officials trying to grease their egos using government funds
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thanks to all of you who responded, but my question hasn't been addressed or answered yet. The question is: Should he give he money to the Eagles as promised or should he not, considering our goal was not scored by any of our players? That's all.

Where are all the intellectuals or experts in this place, why have you ladies/men not answered my question?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Odas wrote:Thanks to all of you who responded, but my question hasn't been addressed or answered yet. The question is: Should he give he money to the Eagles as promised or should he not, considering our goal was not scored by any of our players? That's all.

Where are all the intellectuals or experts in this place, why have you ladies/men not answered my question?

Which kain question be dat? According to FIFA the SE scored a goal that was good enough to be on the scoreboard. He should definitely give SE the money that belongs to the people of delta state. If it's his own money he should also tender his tax clearance showing he has declared the income and paid taxes on it. If he hasn't paid his taxes he should be charged interested on back taxes. Based on my calculations he owes the SE $25k and he owes firs about $80k in interest,fees and penalties. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Odas wrote:Thanks to all of you who responded, but my question hasn't been addressed or answered yet. The question is: Should he give he money to the Eagles as promised or should he not, considering our goal was not scored by any of our players? That's all.

Which kain question be dat? According to FIFA the SE scored a goal that was good enough to be on the scoreboard. He should definitely give SE the money that belongs to the people of delta state. If it's his own money he should also tender his tax clearance showing he has declared the income and paid taxes on it. If he hasn't paid his taxes he should be charged interested on back taxes. Based on my calculations he owes the SE $25k and he owes firs about $80k in interest,fees and penalties. :thumb:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, bros! Thanks, I no go ask again
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I would give the money to the South African player who scored for us.............
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He shouldn't promise what he can't fulfill,every sane knows politicians lie but......
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

We didn't score any goal in both games
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

nemi2002 wrote:We didn't score any goal in both games
... and so the governor shouldn't give the Super-eagles anything, is that what you are saying?
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Odas wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:We didn't score any goal in both games
... and so the governor shouldn't give the Super-eagles anything, is that what you are saying?
What did he promise? Did they achieve it? Whybiabhebeven giving them money sef?
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Undertaker wrote:I would give the money to the South African player who scored for us.............
Na clear eye him take score the own goal? Own goals are conceded due to pressure from the opposing team. Nigeria scored and won by one goal period.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...did the ref award the goal to the SE? Your answer to that will answer your question.

Back to the money flossing governor, please tell him to use that for the people of Delta state. I passed thru Asaba last month it's still not up to par.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:

...did the ref award the goal to the SE? Your answer to that will answer your question.

Back to the money flossing governor, please tell him to use that for the people of Delta state. I passed thru Asaba last month it's still not up to par.
Yes the referee awarded the SE a goal, but it was an "own goal" through a deflection. In reality or technically, the SE did not SCORE any goal - in my opinion.

Regarding the City of Asaba, that is a different thing and a discussion; I believe, which must be left for another day. If I have a choice, many of our leaders (nation wide) will be in prison by now.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs: