LET US TALK ABOUT IHEANACHO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: LET US TALK ABOUT IHEANACHO

Post by 1naija »

chief nfachairman wrote:
1naija wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
airwolex wrote:One thing for sure though, Ighalo is a better player fullstop.
Even Ighalo is piss poor..... forget the 6 goals against Libya... I don't understand why the coach is loyal to dead weight players Like Ighalo and Nacho... we have better options out there :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Where are the better options? Under ikoyi bridge?
which one of the bridges in Ikoyi?
The one where 10 okochas play under.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

BAP wrote:Not sure why guys are being so hard on Iheanacho .

Other than that first touch blunder he had a solid game in my estimation with his one touch give and go combinations with other players and had the referee been half way decent the first goal of the match should have been credited him. His sense of positioning was top class

I believe many have forgotten how he sparked our comeback against Argentina in last years friendly and I believe he had like two assists in that game . Likewise his free kick against seychelles that came
Off the bar for our 2nd goal was top class .
IMHO he is our best free kick taker and he is totally unselfish

All in all I believe people are letting their Emotions get to them and should go rewatch the game
Again . I would take nacho any day over ighalo
Boss, I hate to say this but that 'assist' you refer to v Argentina was actually a 'miscontrol' that found its way into the path of Idowu who slotted home.
Watch it again.
It looked like a great pass and we convinced ourselves that it was a great pass, but it wasn't.
We all want our golden boy to succeed and what you're reading is frustration creeping in.
We still love Nacho but there are other kids impatiently knocking on the door...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Damunk wrote:

Other than that first touch blunder he had a solid game in my estimation with his one touch give and go combinations with other players and had the referee been half way decent the first goal of the match should have been credited him. His sense of positioning was top class

I believe many have forgotten how he sparked our comeback against Argentina in last years friendly and I believe he had like two assists in that game . Likewise his free kick against seychelles that came

All in all I believe people are letting their Emotions get to them and should go rewatch the game
Boss, I hate to say this but that 'assist' you refer to v Argentina was actually a 'miscontrol' that found its way into the path of Idowu who slotted home.
Watch it again.
It looked like a great pass and we convinced ourselves that it was a great pass, but it wasn't.
We all want our golden boy to succeed and what you're reading is frustration creeping in.
We still love Nacho but there are other kids knocking on the door...
:rotf: :laugh:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Damunk wrote:

Watch it again.
We still love Nacho but there are other kids impatiently knocking on the door...

Bros I actually had the second goal in mind moreso than the idowu goal see link

Agreed he has a poor first touch when trying to
Line himself up but all players have a deficiency or two. he however more than makes up for it . His eye for the 1-2 pass is Simply second to none in the eagles setup
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

1naija wrote:I watched the replay of the game on super sports last night and lheanacho actually had a far better game than I thought initially.

If it weren't for poor officiating he would have had a goal from the fantastic splitting pass he made to Musa which Musa passed back to him and he scored in the first disallowed goal.

He hustled hard and could not be "kwaked" off the ball, which was clearly one of South Africa strategies. The commentator nailed it when he his positioning was strategic. He was played in a withdrawn position to provide some support in the midfield, which he did superbly. The only real mistake he made was not being able to controll that pass from Musa that would have given him a clear one on one situation with the SA goalie.

The person I think needs to be talked to by Rohr is Iwobi. He is excellent when he makes one touch passes, but often in that game he tried to dribble when a simple pass would have sufficed and each time he lost the ball like Okocha. Okocha must be kept far away from Iwobi or he won't make it as a serious playmaker.

Where Nigeria still has major issues is the defence, especially in the 3 man formation used yesterday. But even with all the errors, we scored 3 clear goals in a game South Africa could not afford to lose at home.
Good word
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

I also thought he was ok playing as a target man. He had that bad touch but wasnt as bad as people make it out to be IMO.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

He had a choice to join Spurs but went for the money. Well I dont blame him perhaps he felt that he couldnt get a fair shot with Dele, Chadli, Kane, Lamela, Njie, Janssen et al. However consider that three of the aforementioned have been replaced with Son, Moura and Nkoudou.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cristao II wrote:He had a choice to join Spurs but went for the money. Well I dont blame him perhaps he felt that he couldnt get a fair shot with Dele, Chadli, Kane, Lamela, Njie, Janssen et al. However consider that three of the aforementioned have been replaced with Son, Moura and Nkoudou.
Sauce?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16