LET US TALK ABOUT IHEANACHO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
LET US TALK ABOUT IHEANACHO

Post by vancity eagle »

I think it is time we must discuss Nachos relevancy to this team at the current moment.

I cannot believe we are actually discussing this because just over a year ago this guy was on fire scoring at the highest goals per game rate we have seen in decades. Yet we must discuss because Nachos game has regressed so bad.

His first touch is poor. This has been evident for those who watch Leicester, and today it was evident as Musa picked him out with a lovely pass in which he should have controlled and finished yet his poor touch let him down. Much has also been made of his one footedness and also he does not have the greatest pace or work ethic. His best attribute is finishing and he is perhaps the best finisher we have, (Musa would have something to say about that) but other than finishing and his football IQ which is certainly above average for SE, I see little he brings to the table.

With the emergence of Oshimen, Success, Chukwueze, Kalu, Onyekuru, and the reinvention of Musa and Ighalo, I honestly see no place for Nacho in a 23 man squad. I just don't see it. He cannot play the wings, he cannot play as a top striker, and he has failed woefully as an AM.

There are just so many better options at the moment especially if we want to play quick and aggressive ball with players who put in a work shift.

Then add in the likes of Ojo, Lookman, Bazee, I honestly see no space for Iheanacho.

He needs to improve his game. Watching his uselessness on the pitch for 70 minutes today was an absolute disgrace.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LET US TALK ABOUT IHEANACHO

Post by jette1 »

vancity eagle wrote:I think it is time we must discuss Nachos relevancy to this team at the current moment.

I cannot believe we are actually discussing this because just over a year ago this guy was on fire scoring at the highest goals per game rate we have seen in decades. Yet we must discuss because Nachos game has regressed so bad.

His first touch is poor. This has been evident for those who watch Leicester, and today it was evident as Musa picked him out with a lovely pass in which he should have controlled and finished yet his poor touch let him down. Much has also been made of his one footedness and also he does not have the greatest pace or work ethic. His best attribute is finishing and he is perhaps the best finisher we have, (Musa would have something to say about that) but other than finishing and his football IQ which is certainly above average for SE, I see little he brings to the table.

With the emergence of Oshimen, Success, Chukwueze, Kalu, Onyekuru, and the reinvention of Musa and Ighalo, I honestly see no place for Nacho in a 23 man squad. I just don't see it. He cannot play the wings, he cannot play as a top striker, and he has failed woefully as an AM.

There are just so many better options at the moment especially if we want to play quick and aggressive ball with players who put in a work shift.

Then add in the likes of Ojo, Lookman, Bazee, I honestly see no space for Iheanacho.

He needs to improve his game. Watching his uselessness on the pitch for 70 minutes today was an absolute disgrace.

I must have missed it; Rohr drafted you into the technical team or his advisory board.
You failed woefully on Musa now its onto Nacho.
All aside I think Rohr needs no more questioning on why he stuck with these band of players. He sees something you don't see. I would agree Nacho is his old self. I think it is an impulsive drive rather than a technical default. Still fresh in mind was that intercept in opening minutes of that encounter against the aggies in Russia; how he indecisively fumbled and wasted crucial seconds until he got bossed off the ball. He has gotten too fat for his frame perhaps without equal muscle tone. He is yet to become fully professional and realize that his body is his stuck in trade. He is seeing too much money too soon & hasn't quite got the discipline to go with it.
Last edited by jette1 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

There was lots of hype surrounding the game.. The 9JA players went in with the mindset of avenging the home loss. Nacho simply got too excited and was already anticipating a shot that he failed to control the ball. Some call it inexperience...y'all need to cut him some slack. If you've ever played the game as a striker you'll understand what happened there...

Nacho is not a complete player...yet and there's no telling if he ever will but this your jagbajantis is over the top. Abeg chill...besides who told you Lookman wants to play for Nigeria? Thought his people said he was holding out for the people way no dey baff.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

jette1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I think it is time we must discuss Nachos relevancy to this team at the current moment.

I must have missed it; Rohr drafted you into the technical team or his advisory board.
All aside I think Rohr needs no more questioning on why he stuck with these band of players.
great grand uncle jette ..Not questioning player selection is what led that your Seattle 9ja team to a winless season in spite spotting the cleanest looking jerseys.. :taunt:
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

How long are you going to keep harassing us with daft threads like this? It's been 10yrs bro! Pls stop.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Iheanacho is the most over-hyped Nigerian footballer since Pius Ikedia.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Iheanacho is the most over-hyped Nigerian footballer since Pius Ikedia.
Wouldn’t say overhyped just hasn’t improved on his obvious shortcomings. Objective folks mentioned these issues when he was hot scoring goals for Man City and got told to put a lid on it. His poor touch and lack of strength holding onto the ball are his main weaknesses. He’s improved a little but not nearly enough. His obvious lack of confidence at the moment makes his shortcomings even more obvious.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Iheanacho is the most over-hyped Nigerian footballer since Pius Ikedia.
Wouldn’t say overhyped just hasn’t improved on his obvious shortcomings. Objective folks mentioned these issues when he was hot scoring goals for Man City and got told to put a lid on it. His poor touch and lack of strength holding onto the ball are his main weaknesses. He’s improved a little but not nearly enough. His obvious lack of confidence at the moment makes his shortcomings even more obvious.
Lack of stamina is making all these things more obvious now that he's starting games versus when he was playing a couple of minutes off the bench at city
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

No one would say anything about his game if the goal he had wasn't wrongfully disallowed. His key pass led to that goal. I thoyhe had a decent first half. He needs to work on his first touch and work rate though.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

100%Naija wrote:If you've ever played the game as a striker you'll understand what happened there...
:D :D I just hope you are not trying to tell us that you played the game as a striker?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

YemiBrazil wrote:
100%Naija wrote:If you've ever played the game as a striker you'll understand what happened there...
:D :D I just hope you are not trying to tell us that you played the game as a striker?

YemiJubrin! You're on faya!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Nacho remains relevant in the first 25, but certainly not in the starting 11. VE is absolutely correct in starting this thread; I was going to do it. The truth is that he has regressed in the past year, and in the next, runs the risk of falling outside that first 25.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

YemiBrazil wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
YemiJubrin! You're on faya!
:lol: :lol: Sai Jubrin!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I watched the replay of the game on super sports last night and lheanacho actually had a far better game than I thought initially.

If it weren't for poor officiating he would have had a goal from the fantastic splitting pass he made to Musa which Musa passed back to him and he scored in the first disallowed goal.

He hustled hard and could not be "kwaked" off the ball, which was clearly one of South Africa strategies. The commentator nailed it when he his positioning was strategic. He was played in a withdrawn position to provide some support in the midfield, which he did superbly. The only real mistake he made was not being able to controll that pass from Musa that would have given him a clear one on one situation with the SA goalie.

The person I think needs to be talked to by Rohr is Iwobi. He is excellent when he makes one touch passes, but often in that game he tried to dribble when a simple pass would have sufficed and each time he lost the ball like Okocha. Okocha must be kept far away from Iwobi or he won't make it as a serious playmaker.

Where Nigeria still has major issues is the defence, especially in the 3 man formation used yesterday. But even with all the errors, we scored 3 clear goals in a game South Africa could not afford to lose at home.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:I watched the replay of the game on super sports last night and lheanacho actually had a far better game than I thought initially.

If it weren't for poor officiating he would have had a goal from the fantastic splitting pass he made to Musa which Musa passed back to him and he scored in the first disallowed goal.

He hustled hard and could not be "kwaked" off the ball, which was clearly one of South Africa strategies. The commentator nailed it when he his positioning was strategic. He was played in a withdrawn position to provide some support in the midfield, which he did superbly. The only real mistake he made was not being able to controll that pass from Musa that would have given him a clear one on one situation with the SA goalie.

The person I think needs to be talked to by Rohr is Iwobi. He is excellent when he makes one touch passes, but often in that game he tried to dribble when a simple pass would have sufficed and each time he lost the ball like Okocha. Okocha must be kept far away from Iwobi or he won't make it as a serious playmaker.

Where Nigeria still has major issues is the defence, especially in the 3 man formation used yesterday. But even with all the errors, we scored 3 clear goals in a game South Africa could not afford to lose at home.
:agree: :agree: :agree:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

I agree with Kelechi being overhyped but Ikesia if not
For injuries wasn’t overhyped. He was a baller

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Iheanacho is still a young player, and he scored a legit goal against SA that was disallowed by the ref.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Nacho has regressed,and if he doesn't start pulling up his weight, he will lose his position or possibly be dropped from the squad.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Drogba was a late bloomer.

Salah couldn't make it at Roma and Chelsea before he went to Liverpool.

iheanacho is young.

What he needs is encouragement. I think he needs to go to a club where is playing 90 minutes every game. A loan move to France or Holland could be a good move for him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

ohenhen1 wrote:Drogba was a late bloomer.

Salah couldn't make it at Roma and Chelsea before he went to Liverpool.

iheanacho is young.

What he needs is encouragement. I think he needs to go to a club where is playing 90 minutes every game. A loan move to France or Holland could be a good move for him.
Moving to another club to do what? Nacho needs to improve on his ability to control the ball.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

jette1 wrote:

All aside I think Rohr needs no more questioning on why he stuck with these band of players. He sees something you don't see. I would agree Nacho is his old self. I think it is an impulsive drive rather than a technical default. Still fresh in mind was that intercept in opening minutes of that encounter against the aggies in Russia; how he indecisively fumbled and wasted crucial seconds until he got bossed off the ball. He has gotten too fat for his frame perhaps without equal muscle tone. He is yet to become fully professional and realize that his body is his stuck in trade. He is seeing too much money too soon & hasn't quite got the discipline to go with it.
Please stop this "Rohr sees something we don't see" Those who watch Leicester City in the premiership every week have seen enough to come to a fair and logical conclusion on his abilities in regards to his first touch. Your other assertions are at best speculative. Nacho has grown has grown physically. After watching him countless times, His first touch makes him look like he never learned the basics properly. It is surprising as players either spend time learning it or have the natural gift of first touch. Nacho is a head scratch case. Some here say this is the reason Man City offloaded him.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

YemiBrazil wrote:
lol that one na your toro. But if you get doubt bring ball make we play. I challenge you take one post..

Yeye woman wrapper :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: