(TotalAWCON18) NIGERIA W VS SOUTH AFRICA W (0:1) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg
Re: (TotalAWCON18) NIGERIA W VS SOUTH AFRICA W (0:1) FT

Post by Oguleftie »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Yes they lost, but the Falcons don't get to play friendlies etc... so this is on the NFF..the Falcons gets no love
Not so.
It does not matter how they do under him.
The current coach is not good. We knew him well. Only those who did not know him were fooled.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: (TotalAWCON18) NIGERIA W VS SOUTH AFRICA W

Post by Cellular »

Oguleftie wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
dankhalifa wrote:I'm sorry but this Swedish coach needs to go, whatever he's trying to do with his scandanavian type of football might work with the scandanavian teams but the super falcons seems caged with this nonsense rigid style of football. Nigerian female teams need to be able to express themselves, he keeps dropping expressive players for all these rigid players, since he took over we lost 8-0 to france, lost to ghana and now to south africa with no shots on goal that is ridiculous. An unprepared super falcons will still do better than this rubbish so i don't think its preparation alone, he's team selection process is floored and his style of football is definitely alien to the girls, you could see it on their faces
Bros, he came in with a BIG CV showing he was world class with knowledge of tactics that Nigerian counterparts do not have. :dream: :dream: Is that what we had always wanted?
Haba.

Give him the same preparation you gave the Eagles then compare.
The local female crew that won the last women ANC did not get the preparation you are talking about.
Other teams are improving. And you think we can win with whomever without preparation?

It is the crap excuse that perpetrates the continuous lack of preparation for our teams especially with our women.

This is ALL on the NFF. They just don't care about women football.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Cellular wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
dankhalifa wrote:I'm sorry but this Swedish coach needs to go, whatever he's trying to do with his scandanavian type of football might work with the scandanavian teams but the super falcons seems caged with this nonsense rigid style of football. Nigerian female teams need to be able to express themselves, he keeps dropping expressive players for all these rigid players, since he took over we lost 8-0 to france, lost to ghana and now to south africa with no shots on goal that is ridiculous. An unprepared super falcons will still do better than this rubbish so i don't think its preparation alone, he's team selection process is floored and his style of football is definitely alien to the girls, you could see it on their faces
Bros, he came in with a BIG CV showing he was world class with knowledge of tactics that Nigerian counterparts do not have. :dream: :dream: Is that what we had always wanted?
Haba.

The local female crew that won the last women ANC did not get the preparation you are talking about.
Other teams are improving. And you think we can win with whomever without preparation?

It is the crap excuse that perpetrates the continuous lack of preparation for our teams especially with our women.

Chairman, not just women's football, what about the youth?

The last U-20 World Cup was extremely painful. Osimhen's U-17 team (who were the bulk of that U-20) had so much talent, but the NFF undermined them. Poor camping, no allowances etc. They lost at home to Sudan. People here shouted that Pinnick's NFF was ignoring all the other teams apart from the SE, but no one listened. Omagbemi's girls had to stage a demonstration.

The only comforting factor for that U-20 WC is that England won with a really good team, and if we play our cards right, we might snatch 4 or 5 of the 6 Naija boys on that English team. Also 3-4 of the boys that were on that very talented set of U17/U-20 are now knocking on the door of the SE.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

truetalk wrote:

The last U-20 World Cup was extremely painful. Osimhen's U-17 team (who were the bulk of that U-20) had so much talent, but the NFF undermined them. Poor camping, no allowances etc. They lost at home to Sudan. People here shouted that Pinnick's NFF was ignoring all the other teams apart from the SE, but no one listened. Omagbemi's girls had to stage a demonstration.

The only comforting factor for that U-20 WC is that England won with a really good team, and if we play our cards right, we might snatch 4 or 5 of the 6 Naija boys on that English team. Also 3-4 of the boys that were on that very talented set of U17/U-20 are now knocking on the door of the SE.
Some people spoken here on CE... We told about:

Continuity
Pinnick election in CAF and FIFA
Administrative Reform
Financial independence.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

South Africa flew to Chile for friendlies, and also played Ghana last week. Our NFF were boasting about camping our Girls in Epe.

Nothing spoil sha, even though we have another journeyman foreigner as coach, you can't rule out the Naija fighting spirit.

Hopefully, we can have a similar coaching pool for the women, like I recommended for the men.

https://us.women.soccerway.com/matches/ ... a/2926770/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Once na oyinbo the narrative changes. When our local coaches were there we were told they were doing nothing and were rubbish who only believe in prayers. We were told they would become world class once oyinbo take over.

My beef is not with the oyinbo, it would probably take him som time to understand the terrain. But let no one try to run away from the nonsense that was spewed in the direction of the local coaches who performed miracles on shoe string budget and under dire working conditions.

Let us learn to respect our coaches for once.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Haba.

Oga, I and others like Fabio have been saying this. But we are classified as haters.

Pinnick and his crew has successfully reduced expectations that he is being hailed for quenching the fire he started. He can't walk and chew gum at the same time. What they have done to Women football and our Youth Football is just plain despicable.

It goes with his policy of "Everything Foreign is Good". ...no point wasting time developing talent or giving them a platform to showcase their skills so that the National team can benefit from it. Why do that when you can poach players from other FAs?

As for the women, they have been disrespected and neglected... If I say I am surprised, I will be lying. You first have to have respect for women in order to treat them fairly.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:Once na oyinbo the narrative changes. When our local coaches were there we were told they were doing nothing and were rubbish who only believe in prayers. We were told they would become world class once oyinbo take over.

My beef is not with the oyinbo, it would probably take him som time to understand the terrain. But let no one try to run away from the nonsense that was spewed in the direction of the local coaches who performed miracles on shoe string budget and under dire working conditions.

Respect local coaches?

Dean, you have been gone for a minute. The kin nonsense I see here from natives will make you wan slap snot commot pesin eye.

They are not oblivious to what they are doing... they do it intentionally.
Hold you remuneration to the point that when you ask them for it, they feel you are getting too big for your britches and need to be cut down to size.
Moreover, these hustlers know there's no money in hiring locals and paying them local wages. The job is in hiring foreign coaches and tacking on all manner of benefits that the foreigners are not even aware that their name were used to obtain such funds.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

highbury wrote:It all stems from the incompetent leaders who defer to the White man. Same thing is being seen in the SE. The men team and the female both suck. The men are just getting the result which is papering over the crack
isn't that the goal?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:Once na oyinbo the narrative changes. When our local coaches were there we were told they were doing nothing and were rubbish who only believe in prayers. We were told they would become world class once oyinbo take over.

Respect local coaches?

Dean, you have been gone for a minute. The kin nonsense I see here from natives will make you wan slap snot commot pesin eye.

They are not oblivious to what they are doing... they do it intentionally.
Hold you remuneration to the point that when you ask them for it, they feel you are getting too big for your britches and need to be cut down to size.
Moreover, these hustlers know there's no money in hiring locals and paying them local wages. The job is in hiring foreign coaches and tacking on all manner of benefits that the foreigners are not even aware that their name were used to obtain such funds.
Seriously it is a miracle what the local coaches are doing... Working without tools and have to beg for their entitlements
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Gotta no warm una say this Naija babes suck?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dennerby’s first assignment with the Falcons was the regional WAFU competition in Cote d’Ivoire, where Nigeria finished third. He also took the Falcons to a friendly match in France, where they suffered an 8-0 defeat, the biggest humiliation by the team in football history.

The NFF sponsored Dennerby to Cyprus to ‘spy’ on South Africa during a regional tournament. He was also sponsored to France during the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup, a gesture the football house had never rendered to any indigenous coach in the past.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I just saw the replay of the game. There is nothing any coach could have done with these girl. They were all horrible.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote:I just saw the replay of the game. There is nothing any coach could have done with these girl. They were all horrible.
Who picked the players?