(TotalAWCON18) NIGERIA W VS SOUTH AFRICA W (0:1) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: (TotalAWCON18) NIGERIA W VS SOUTH AFRICA W

Post by Cellular »

This NFF regime has always treated the women and the youth teams as an afterthought.

They only remember them when there's money to steal from them.

Their lack of adequate preparation showed. Hope they can bounce back.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

dankhalifa wrote:
lacidi wrote:
dankhalifa wrote:How is Alaba Jonathan not in this squad? She's definitely the best Nigerian goal keeper out there and she was the number one in the last tournament. is she injured?
Alaba is off form. The issue here is not goal keeper. This team lacks coaching
Off form, how is she off form when she's still playing in the Nigerian league, I think its comes down to all these foreign coach nonsense of preferring bigger taller goal keepers.....You're right its definitely coaching I mean how is Okobi on the bench, she's the best player in that team bar oshoala and where is the right back Ugo Njoku, so many questions about this man's selection process
Did you not read what I wrote about Pinnick?
dankhalifa
Egg
Egg

Post by dankhalifa »

Oguleftie wrote:
dankhalifa wrote:How is Alaba Jonathan not in this squad? She's definitely the best Nigerian goal keeper out there and she was the number one in the last tournament. is she injured?

Did you not read what I told you about Pinnick.
Just read it..........so sad
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Hope we qualify but its not looking good. I hear EG is even better than South Africa.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

highbury wrote:E don happen. We are down. The Pot Belled Queen English wannabe Pinnick will think Foreign is better. I am waiting for SE to implode in Cameroun. The warning signs are there.
I don't think Pinnick believes in anything Nigerian or black. From his Delta State days when he started importing American athletes to represent Delta State to today. The previous Nigerian coach was doing fine and won the last tournament, now we have an Oyibo and struggling. By the way, South AFrica is coached by an ex-player. On the Men's side, we have a fraudulent cowardly coach that lcksa basic tactical aptitude...
dankhalifa
Egg
Egg

Post by dankhalifa »

I'm sorry but this Swedish coach needs to go, whatever he's trying to do with his scandanavian type of football might work with the scandanavian teams but the super falcons seems caged with this nonsense rigid style of football. Nigerian female teams need to be able to express themselves, he keeps dropping expressive players for all these rigid players, since he took over we lost 8-0 to france, lost to ghana and now to south africa with no shots on goal that is ridiculous. An unprepared super falcons will still do better than this rubbish so i don't think its preparation alone, he's team selection process is floored and his style of football is definitely alien to the girls, you could see it on their faces
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

dankhalifa wrote:I'm sorry but this Swedish coach needs to go, whatever he's trying to do with his scandanavian type of football might work with the scandanavian teams but the super falcons seems caged with this nonsense rigid style of football. Nigerian female teams need to be able to express themselves, he keeps dropping expressive players for all these rigid players, since he took over we lost 8-0 to france, lost to ghana and now to south africa with no shots on goal that is ridiculous. An unprepared super falcons will still do better than this rubbish so i don't think its preparation alone, he's team selection process is floored and his style of football is definitely alien to the girls, you could see it on their faces
Bros, he came in with a BIG CV showing he was world class with knowledge of tactics that Nigerian counterparts do not have. :dream: :dream: Is that what we had always wanted?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
dankhalifa wrote:I'm sorry but this Swedish coach needs to go, whatever he's trying to do with his scandanavian type of football might work with the scandanavian teams but the super falcons seems caged with this nonsense rigid style of football. Nigerian female teams need to be able to express themselves, he keeps dropping expressive players for all these rigid players, since he took over we lost 8-0 to france, lost to ghana and now to south africa with no shots on goal that is ridiculous. An unprepared super falcons will still do better than this rubbish so i don't think its preparation alone, he's team selection process is floored and his style of football is definitely alien to the girls, you could see it on their faces
Bros, he came in with a BIG CV showing he was world class with knowledge of tactics that Nigerian counterparts do not have. :dream: :dream: Is that what we had always wanted?
Haba.

Give him the same preparation you gave the Eagles then compare.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Enugu II wrote:
Maybe our girls are anti change. I was expecting some fresh, young, success hungry newbies. Instead, same o same o
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
dankhalifa
Egg
Egg

Post by dankhalifa »

pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Maybe our girls are anti change. I was expecting some fresh, young, success hungry newbies. Instead, same o same o
Well if it ain't broke don't fix it, If he cannot make the team better then he should leave it the way he met it and not make it worse like he's done with whatever changes he's trying to make. Getting a foreign coach is not the issue its the style of football, get a coach from Holland or Spain or south america or something if you really have to not all these swedish coaches, their style of football don't suit Nigeria, first Lagerback then this, I'm not saying they are not good coaches just that their system is not compatible with ours thats all
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

New, fresh entrants into the team that played today:
1. Rashidat Ajibade
2. Tochukwu Oluehi
3. Anam Imoh
4. Amarachi Okonkwo

Agree with Cellular's comment - regarding prep time. Since they won in the championship in 2016, the Super Falcons have played exactly one (1) friendly and they were drubbed 8-0 against France. Half of the players that featured in that game are not even in this squad.
In contrast, just last month, this same South African team just concluded a 2 week tour of Chile where they played several matches. They had also, earlier in the year, played also in the Cyprus Cup and the COSAFA Cup and have been very serious about their Women's football since 2016.

Nigeria face an uphill task of coming out of this group as they need two straight wins to qualify for the semis. Well, thanks, Picknic, for your support of Women's football!
pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Last edited by Otitokoro on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

She is not off form. The coach had her in camp and decided to cut her at the expense of less experienced keepers.
lacidi wrote:
Alaba is off form. The issue here is not goal keeper. This team lacks coaching
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Florence Omagbemi was an ex-Falcon's captain and the only lady I know to both win as a captain/player and coach.
She and the team were abandoned and not paid their emoluments for months. Omagbemi won the 2016 AWCON, in spite of not being paid for 8 months. The ladies, upon arriving in Nigeria, decided to protest, thus embarrassing Picknic who blamed Omagbemi for not 'stopping the girls from protesting'. She got sacked for it and hence, this nobody from Sweden.

As someone said in an earlier post, the cracks are in the wall and its only a matter of time. The years of neglect meted out on this team is finally coming to roost.
K wrote:
highbury wrote:E don happen. We are down. The Pot Belled Queen English wannabe Pinnick will think Foreign is better. I am waiting for SE to implode in Cameroun. The warning signs are there.
I don't think Pinnick believes in anything Nigerian or black. From his Delta State days when he started importing American athletes to represent Delta State to today. The previous Nigerian coach was doing fine and won the last tournament, now we have an Oyibo and struggling. By the way, South AFrica is coached by an ex-player. On the Men's side, we have a fraudulent cowardly coach that lcksa basic tactical aptitude...
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: (TotalAWCON18) NIGERIA W VS SOUTH AFRICA W (0:1) FT

Post by fabio »

This also doubles as WC qualification.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Oh, my! Zambia just destroyed Eq. Guinea 5-0.
Zambian ladies were quite impressive, with a couple of pacy players, a decent defense and a reasonably good goalie.

Nigeria plays Zambia next.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Enugu II wrote:
What is wrong with you people? He was never world class & never won anything with Sweden.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Haba.

Give him the same preparation you gave the Eagles then compare.
The local female crew that won the last women ANC did not get the preparation you are talking about.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Otitokoro wrote:New, fresh entrants into the team that played today:
1. Rashidat Ajibade
2. Tochukwu Oluehi
3. Anam Imoh
4. Amarachi Okonkwo

Agree with Cellular's comment - regarding prep time. Since they won in the championship in 2016, the Super Falcons have played exactly one (1) friendly and they were drubbed 8-0 against France. Half of the players that featured in that game are not even in this squad.
In contrast, just last month, this same South African team just concluded a 2 week tour of Brazil where they played several matches. They had also, earlier in the year, played also in the Cyprus Cup and have been very serious about their Women's football since 2016.

Nigeria face an uphill task of coming out of this group as they need two straight wins to qualify for the semis. Well, thanks, Picknic, for your support of Women's football!
pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Will you people stop all these.
The local female coaching crew won the last championship with less.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Oguleftie wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
What is wrong with you people? He was never world class & never won anything with Sweden.
This was highlighted when he was appointed. The last time he coached as 5 years ago.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

"The NFF decided to go for a coach of the calibre of Thomas Dennerby for three reasons," said Shehu Dikko, the NFF vice-president.

"To sustain and enhance the Super Falcons' dominance on the African scene.

"To take the Falcons and other women's teams to the next level of challenging for laurels at global competitions like the Olympics and the World Cup.

"To generally lay the foundation for the real development of women's football in our country."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42826422
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Performance, so far...
fabio wrote:
"The NFF decided to go for a coach of the calibre of Thomas Dennerby for three reasons," said Shehu Dikko, the NFF vice-president.

1. "To sustain and enhance the Super Falcons' dominance on the African scene. F

2. "To take the Falcons and other women's teams to the next level of challenging for laurels at global competitions like the Olympics and the World Cup. Trending towards an F

3. "To generally lay the foundation for the real development of women's football in our country." F
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42826422
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Yes they lost, but the Falcons don't get to play friendlies etc... so this is on the NFF..the Falcons gets no love
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

fabio wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
This was highlighted when he was appointed. The last time he coached as 5 years ago.
Highlighted by who?
We that follow women's football closely the past 30yrs are telling you the correct thing.