UGANDA!! Four Decades Ago!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
UGANDA!! Four Decades Ago!!

Post by Senator WIRES »

:P The last time UGANDA qualified for African Cup of Nations tournament, MUSEVENI was a ranked Private in UDF fighting :lol: in the bush.

Congratulations to Kabelega and all the BUGANDAs and MUGANDAs. :clap: :woot: :thumb:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UGANDA!! Four Decades Ago!!

Post by pajimoh »

They qualified for the last one - came, saw, got beat and went home (back to goat herding) after group stage. :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Senator WIRES wrote::P The last time UGANDA qualified for African Cup of Nations tournament, MUSEVENI was a ranked Private in UDF fighting :lol: in the bush.

Congratulations to Kabelega and all the BUGANDAs and MUGANDAs. :clap: :woot: :thumb:
Where were you when the rest of us were playing in Gabon?
Anyway, thank you. Congrats to 9ja for sneaking into the ANC after missing the last two. Going to the dance by any means necessary is better than staying outside and listening to the music, imagining what could have been.

FUFA's Project 2019 peaked earlier and has been a success. The exciting thing is that the youngsters are super talented.
We are back, baby!
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote::P The last time UGANDA qualified for African Cup of Nations tournament, MUSEVENI was a ranked Private in UDF fighting :lol: in the bush.

Don't blame him. Uganda did not stay in the tournament long enough for him to catch their game :tic:

Maybe he even watched them on the field but didn't see them play what can be called "FOOTBALL" :taunt:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Don't blame him. Uganda did not stay in the tournament long enough for him to catch their game :tic:

Maybe he even watched them on the field but didn't see them play what can be called "FOOTBALL" :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You somehow come off like a closet Uganda fan in Gabon.

I know many on CE pay more attention to the EPL than CAF games so it's not surprising...
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You somehow come off like a closet Uganda fan in Gabon.

I know many on CE pay more attention to the EPL than CAF games so it's not surprising...
If a fan sounds the way I do then I wonder how haters would sound like? :D I'm not a hater though, just hate uninspiring teams :taunt:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

This team and the 1978 squad were the best teams Uganda has ever produced. I remember the friendly match Eagles lost against Uganda at the Ogbe Stadium in Benin where Philip Omondi in the photo destroyed eagles defense with ease.

Back row L-R: David Otti (Coach), Jimmy Kirunda (captain), Ashe Mukasa, Tom Lwanga, Francis Kulabigwo, Hussein Matovu, Denis Obua and Bidandi Ssali (Team manager). Front row L-R: Phillip Omondi, Stanley Mubiru, Eddie Semwanga, Moses Nsereko and Leo Adraa
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

This team and the 1978 squad were the best teams Uganda has ever produced. I remember the friendly match Eagles lost against Uganda at the Ogbe Stadium in Benin where Philip Omondi in the photo destroyed eagles defense with ease.
Sir V wrote:Image

Back row L-R: David Otti (Coach), Jimmy Kirunda (captain), Ashe Mukasa, Tom Lwanga, Francis Kulabigwo, Hussein Matovu, Denis Obua and Bidandi Ssali (Team manager). Front row L-R: Phillip Omondi, Stanley Mubiru, Eddie Semwanga, Moses Nsereko and Leo Adraa
You should have allowed Kabalabala to name them. I'm sure he never saw any of them play football live.

:rotf:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

pajimoh wrote:

You should have allowed Kabalabala to name them. I'm sure he never saw any of them play football live.

I am helping the guy. Na lone soldier. :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

pajimoh wrote:This team and the 1978 squad were the best teams Uganda has ever produced. I remember the friendly match Eagles lost against Uganda at the Ogbe Stadium in Benin where Philip Omondi in the photo destroyed eagles defense with ease.

I had the pleasure of seeing Phillip Omondi play.
I also had David Otii as a coach when I was 12-13. :taunt:
He was coaching serious clubs and the national teams but made time for young talent when he saw it.... :taunt: :taunt:

BTW, Abedi Pele was a ball boy in 1978 and he said, Phillip Omondi was his idol.
This was a good team but it was not the '78 team because Obua didn't make it to Ghana due to discipline issues.
That was a good team though. If Ghana had not played gamesmanship, or if Idi Amin had flown the team from Kumasi to Accra, they would have been the best team in '78.

Idi Amin was overthrown in 1979 and half the team went to exile in the Middle East, the rest thrown in jail.
We lost all the CAF knowhow during that time. But are now back!