7 Expectations As Super Eagles Tackle Uganda

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

After their successful qualification for the 2019 AFCON in Cameroon courtesy of their 1 -1 draw with South Africa, the Eagles test their mettle against Uganda at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba on Tuesday

With qualification already in the bag and nothing to play for in the exhibition game, here are 7 things we expect to see

1. The Debut of Samuel Chukwueze
Nigerian soccer fans can’t wait to see new Villarreal Wonderkid Samuel Chukwueze make his eagles debut and will be expecting Rohr to parade the young man in the game against Uganda
Chukwueze is the hottest rave in Nigerian . . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/7-expecta ... le-uganda/
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 7 Expectations As Super Eagles Tackle Uganda

Post by Sir V »

Our Goalkeeper short o.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

7. What Theophilus Afelokhai Can offer
Its been bewildering to Nigerian soccer fans how Theophilus Afelokhai who benches Super Eagles no 2 Ikechukwu Ezenwa at local clubside Enyimba has been constantly overlooked by the Eagles handlers
Even though he was eventually Invited against South Africa as a replacement for the injured Francis Uzoho Ezenwa still got the nod ahead of him
Perhaps against Uganda with nothing at stake Rohr will hand Afelokhai an opportunity to show the stuff he is made off
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

So this is about Samuel?
I'm a fan so I will not knock the lad but Uganda has better... :taunt: :taunt:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Kabalega wrote:So this is about Samuel?
Should be an interesting game tomorrow, was talking with my Uber driver today who happens to come from Uganda...and we were of course discussing about the Ugandan team and its sudden rise in the African theater of football. At least we can both agree Nigeria and Uganda currently look like a force to reckon with, come AFCON 2019 I expect one of both teams to at least make the semi final.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Play well, give debuts to fringe players.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I hope he gets to use his subs. And make them timely.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Tobi17 wrote:
Should be an interesting game tomorrow, was talking with my Uber driver today who happens to come from Uganda...and we were of course discussing about the Ugandan team and its sudden rise in the African theater of football. At least we can both agree Nigeria and Uganda currently look like a force to reckon with, come AFCON 2019 I expect one of both teams to at least make the semi final.
Sorry, but this Uganda side making semi-final at AFCON shall be even more improbable than Greece winning the Euros in 2004...

Watched most of their games...they're not that good...But then again, stranger things have happened in football...Like Leicester in 2015/16...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

WRONG. Only one expectation - spell Uganda with two full stops at the end :tic: :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:WRONG. Only one expectation - spell Uganda with two full stops at the end :tic: :sneaky:
Chief Paj: Make you no let Oga Kabalega see dis tin wey you write-o! Hmm, my hand no dey
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Sir V wrote:
7. What Theophilus Afelokhai Can offer
Its been bewildering to Nigerian soccer fans how Theophilus Afelokhai who benches Super Eagles no 2 Ikechukwu Ezenwa at local clubside Enyimba has been constantly overlooked by the Eagles handlers
Even though he was eventually Invited against South Africa as a replacement for the injured Francis Uzoho Ezenwa still got the nod ahead of him
Perhaps against Uganda with nothing at stake Rohr will hand Afelokhai an opportunity to show the stuff he is made off
I really hope he gets to play this game. Lets see what he has to offer too.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Tobi17 wrote:
You must be young. Uganda was a giant in CAF footie during the 60s & 70s.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kabalega wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
You must be young. Uganda was a giant in CAF footie during the 60s & 70s.

What rise abeg? What has Uganda done of note in the past 50 years? :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

pajimoh wrote:WRONG. Only one expectation - spell Uganda with two full stops at the end :tic: :sneaky:
Stop being daft. We haven’t been able to do that in 60 years of African football competition. What makes you think we’re gonna start now especially when they have a better head 2 head record against us :?: :!:

Cheers.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:
Chief Paj: Make you no let Oga Kabalega see dis tin wey you write-o! Hmm, my hand no dey
He does not know Uganda!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Stop being daft. We haven’t been able to do that in 60 years of African football competition. What makes you think we’re gonna start now especially when they have a better head 2 head record against us :?: :!:

Cheers.
Boy, tigers must going extinct and it's affecting your mood. Do I look like a tiger to you? On second thought, don't answer that.

You obviously fail to see the tongue in cheek of my comment. Abeg go hunting
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

At what?