Simon Moses did not make match day squad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Simon Moses did not make match day squad

Post by chief nfachairman »

1. but Onyekuru and chukwueze did. Same happened against Libya. Is he falling down the pecking order? are they far hotter than Simon

2. who backs up Iwobi? Kelechi or Chukwueze?

3. If Ighalo was available, who would have been on the stands? SUccess, Nacho or Chukwueze?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Simon Moses did not make match day squad

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote:1. but Onyekuru and chukwueze did. Same happened against Libya. Is he falling down the pecking order? are they far hotter than Simon

3. If Ighalo was available, who would have been on the stands? SUccess, Nacho or Chukwueze?
My take:
1. Yes. I think he is dropping down the list and not necessarily becos he has lost form. It simply implies the rise in emerging quality.
2. I predict Chukwueze, but not before Kelechi has totally played himself out of contention. He has not been doing himself any favours and I reckon he is running out of time to prove himself.
3. Hmmm. Chukwueze, but not for long. Kelechi really should be looking over his shoulder now.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Simon hasn't played much this season, all the players ahead of him have all played more games.
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:1. but Onyekuru and chukwueze did. Same happened against Libya. Is he falling down the pecking order? are they far hotter than Simon

My take:
1. Yes. I think he is dropping down the list and not necessarily becos he has lost form. It simply implies the rise in emerging quality.
2. I predict Chukwueze, but not before Kelechi has totally played himself out of contention. He has not been doing himself any favours and I reckon he is running out of time to prove himself.
3. Hmmm. Chukwueze, but not for long. Kelechi really should be looking over his shoulder now.
I agree Kelechi needs to be looking over his shoulders, but i doubt Chukwueze is his threat but Success. Kelechi is Ighalo's back up and i would find it surprising to see Rohr use Chukwueze in that role as he doesnt seem to have the same physical presence as those two.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

My take:
I agree Kelechi needs to be looking over his shoulders, but i doubt Chukwueze is his threat but Success. Kelechi is Ighalo's back up and i would find it surprising to see Rohr use Chukwueze in that role as he doesnt seem to have the same physical presence as those two.
I'm even surprised Success didn't start over Kelechi. Even Rohr on the post game conference indirectly dissed Kelechi, said 'if Ighalo was here we would have scored more goals' I was like damn really?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

My take:
I'm even surprised Success didn't start over Kelechi. Even Rohr on the post game conference indirectly dissed Kelechi, said 'if Ighalo was here we would have scored more goals' I was like damn really?
Damn... you know things have hit rock bottom when misses Ighalo is used as your measuring stick.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

My take:
I think wer're basically saying the same thing.
Ighalo returns today and of the three players, Chukwueze will be out of the picture as both Success and Kelechi at this point will still be in contention with Rohr.

My point about Kelechi is that in the medium to long term, the fast-evolving squad is more likely to see the regressing Kelechi totally edged out of the mix by Chukwueze than by either Success or an in-form Ighalo. I think Success is here to say and he is probably able to do everything Kelechi can do plus more. In short the last slot will be between Kele and Samu. As things stand today and nothing changes, Kele will lose his spot to Samu.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

My take:
I think wer're basically saying the same thing.
Ighalo returns and of the three players, Chukwueze will be out of the picture as both Success and Kelechi at this point will still be in contention with Rohr.

My point about Kelechi is that in the medium to long term, the fast-evolving squad is more likely to see the regressing Kelechi edged out of the mix by Chukwueze than either Success or an in-form Ighalo.
True.

However, I think Chukwueze will be considered for one of the WF spots though, and with the meager amounts of minutes Onyekuru is getting, coupled with the fact that he was on standby to start with for this last game, he is someone who may make way for the likes of Chukwueze as he hasn't seemed to solidify his place on the squad with the coaching staff.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rohr thinks very highly of simon and it is only because he has been injured that we've had players like Kalu step up to the plate.

Simon is only recently back from injury and hasn't really featured much for his club so it was always a long shot even for "loyal Rohr" to feature him.

The thing is that Kalu took the opportunity and so is now high in Rohr's books. Chukwueze I think has also impressed Rohr and will probably get a chance to show his worth vs Uganda.

The thing with Rohr is that he seems to rigid that he just plays his regular players and new players have a hard time getting in until there is an injury, and if there is then that new player must have a stellar game to force his way into Rohr's thinking.

New players dont even get a 30 minute sub appearance, they are often limited to 5 to 10 minute cameos ala Onyekuru, even when the match is screaming for a change.

The only player who has really forced his way ahead without injuries is Jamilu Collins, and I think that is soley because Rohr really wants a natural left footer rather than him being outstanding in training.

When Simon comes back to full fitness, and with Bazee back to fitness and getting playing time, also with Lookman on the horizon, and with Chukwueze to become more prominent at Villareal, it will be interesting to see Rohr's pecking order.

We need to figure out our best formation and starting 11.

With the glutony of wide pacy players I think we actually may need to consider a 442. I'm not really a fan because it usually denies us an AM, so either Iwobi plays on the wings, which Im not sure of defensively, because we need 2 wingers who put in a defensive shift, or Iwobi is one of the 2 CMs which could leave us weak in the middle defensively, but we could put together a really attacking lineup like such

******************************MUSA*************SUCCESS**************************

SIMON*******************************IWOBI************************************KALU

************************************NDIDI*****************************************
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Damunk wrote:

My take:
i agree with you 100%. ON point!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

metalalloy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

My take:
Nacho I think is Iwobi backup for now. He played that role vs Seychelles and Rohr has also mentioned him as back up on that role. He is also backup to Ighalo and I think he's ability to play this 2 roles (although poorly) has kept him in the team.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

My take:
Damn... you know things have hit rock bottom when misses Ighalo is used as your measuring stick.
:bump: :bump:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

chief nfachairman wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

My take:
Nacho I think is Iwobi backup for now. He played that role vs Seychelles and Rohr has also mentioned him as back up on that role. He is also backup to Ighalo and I think he's ability to play this 2 roles (although poorly) has kept him in the team.
Rohr has a screw loose if he things Iheanacho is Iwobi's back up.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Rohr is a clown, this is the same goat brain that invited Agbo for all the qualifying games but never played him. Why did Rohr invite Simon and leave onyekuru on the stand by list, and all of a sudden onyekuru makes the first 18, and Simon does not. Simon has not done jack all season but gets invited ahead of onyekuru?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Onyekuru was injured when the SE squad list was released. His club said he would be out for 6 weeks, which ruled nom out of the SA match but he made a quick recovery and Ighalo's withdrawal opened up a place for him in the squid.
I am happy
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Dammy wrote:Onyekuru was injured when the SE squad list was released. His club said he would be out for 6 weeks, which ruled nom out of the SA match but he made a quick recovery and Ighalo's withdrawal opened up a place for him in the squid.

Are you saying Rohr placed an injured onyekuru on the stand by list? Please look for another excuse for that clueless coach.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Moses Simon is still a pretty solid player. He's issue is a lost of form due to constantly picking up niggles this struggling to play a string of games over the last year or so. Personally, I don't think there is much difference in quality between him and Simon Kalu. Nigeria is all about being "flavour of the month". Things can change in a few months.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If Ighalo was available. He should be rested. Lets see what Osimhen and Success can do.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

9jaMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:Onyekuru was injured when the SE squad list was released. His club said he would be out for 6 weeks, which ruled nom out of the SA match but he made a quick recovery and Ighalo's withdrawal opened up a place for him in the squid.

Are you saying Rohr placed an injured onyekuru on the stand by list? Please look for another excuse for that clueless coach.
Imagine, plus Onazi that’s playing week in week out is ‘injured’...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!