Plantanians vs Brazil?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Plantanians vs Brazil?

Post by bamenda boy »

Any game links?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Plantanians vs Brazil?

Post by metalalloy »

bamenda boy wrote:Any game links?
I think these guys will show it. They advertised it during our game. Currently showing South Africa vs paraguay

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Samuel Eto'o still better than 90% of our players. Very sad.
I don't know where our players get their technical fundamentals from. We still can't shoot, can't cross and can't head the ball properly.
What are these players learning the game?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bepanda wrote:Samuel Eto'o still better than 90% of our players. Very sad.
I don't know where our players get their technical fundamentals from. We still can't shoot, can't cross and can't head the ball properly.
It is not only your players, this was my observation over the weekend after watching many of the games and could not believe how poor players have become technically in the last decade or so. When you have Messi and Ronaldo dominating the scene for over a decade it tells a lot about the ability of the players around.

I spent most time castigating players for stupid football play than I do enjoying the game. I have seen better days
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Onana what a goalie
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

oloye wrote:
It is not only your players, this was my observation over the weekend after watching many of the games and could not believe how poor players have become technically in the last decade or so. When you have Messi and Ronaldo dominating the scene for over a decade it tells a lot about the ability of the players around.

I spent most time castigating players for stupid football play than I do enjoying the game. I have seen better days
Great point. I do not understand the problems with players growing up in Africa but in diaspora, players are not allowed to express themselves any longer IMHO.
Everything is textbook and dictated. I volunteer for youth teams both in Canada and US and I've expressed my displeasure on many occasions. We are turning the children into Robots or Zombies. Everything is too technical from a simple pass, touches or even dribbling.
I almost burst into laughter when we were given a handout on " concussion prevention " and some doctors were asking for a moratorium on children heading the ball. How can the game be played without the ball touching the head. Na wa!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:

Uncle you and Uncle Bepanda are too hard on these players of today.Today a lot of social media to scout the other team the game is more technical.You talk of Messi and Ronaldo,hmmm did not Pele dominating his era?What of Maradona?Zidan nko?Ronaldinho nko?The boys are trying and today game players avoid making mistakes because of fear of benching.During your time players express them self,play freely.uncle Messi and Ronaldo with their work ethics and hunger will dominate for decade if they were playing in the 90's.Football today is more team play than individual,watch how Holland roast France and Spain.Its all on the teactics of Keoman
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:

Uncle you and Uncle Bepanda are too hard on these players of today.Today a lot of social media to scout the other team the game is more technical.You talk of Messi and Ronaldo,hmmm did not Pele dominating his era?What of Maradona?Zidan nko?Ronaldinho nko?The boys are trying and today game players avoid making mistakes because of fear of benching.During your time players express them self,play freely.uncle Messi and Ronaldo with their work ethics and hunger will dominate for decade if they were playing in the 90's.Football today is more team play than individual,watch how Holland roast France and Spain.Its all on the teactics of Keoman
Since you already called me uncle , you should have left it at tht and not try to compare these bunch of sissies to the players of my time. If you think because you hear of Pele and Maradonna they were dominant like the likes of Messi and Ronaldo have been, then my bro, you should just ask for history lessons. :taunt:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Kajifu,

I'm not sure I actually understand how you justify the fact that our players don't even master the most basic skills of soccer.
Cameroonian player excel because of their physical abilities. Most of them are technically extremely poor.
It pains me to even watch them play. Let's not even talk about their decision making process.
I honestly don't know what they work on. These guys are freaking professionals. They are getting paid to play the game. They should breathe, eat, drink soccer all day long for crying out loud.
They don't understand how to create separation and shoot. They don't understand how to fake another player out. How can you be a striker and not have a go-to-move to create separation?
I believe it is more an attitude problem than anything else.
Like I said earlier, I would still take Eto'o, Geremi, Wome over 90% of these joksters.
No wonder, they go from club to club, from league to league, from higher division to lower and lower divisions ...
If it wasn't for Brazil misfiring and the keeper prowess, we would have conceded 5 or 6.
We had 2 shots on goal? Maybe 3 ?
Bepanda
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

oloye wrote:

Watch the Cameroon -England game of 1990 not too long ago. The confidence with which these guys played with. The ball control. Makanaky could take on any player without fear. Nkunde doesn't need to punt the ball up field to any player. He builds up play from defence. Omam doesn't give a damn if he has Lineker or Gascoigne. I mean these guys can play ball. Could not believe that in this day and age, these supposed professionals could not string three consecutive passes.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Talents or not talents the coaching staff is doing a great job. This is the only Cameroonian side I have watched for a very long time with such discipline. CR7 and Messi did not win the last WC.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:

Since you already called me uncle , you should have left it at tht and not try to compare these bunch of sissies to the players of my time. If you think because you hear of Pele and Maradonna they were dominant like the likes of Messi and Ronaldo have been, then my bro, you should just ask for history lessons. :taunt:
Uncle its not too late to ask for history free lessons from you.This is why you have to write a book uncle as you tell it as it is.
So uncle were there good players that can be compare to maradona and Pele?I know good players were around but I thought those two were above everyone else just like Messi and Ronaldo are today ?No vex I like to learn from senior uncle like you that also play the game.
Thanks
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Kajifu,

I'm not sure I actually understand how you justify the fact that our players don't even master the most basic skills of soccer.
Cameroonian player excel because of their physical abilities. Most of them are technically extremely poor.
It pains me to even watch them play. Let's not even talk about their decision making process.
I honestly don't know what they work on. These guys are freaking professionals. They are getting paid to play the game. They should breathe, eat, drink soccer all day long for crying out loud.
They don't understand how to create separation and shoot. They don't understand how to fake another player out. How can you be a striker and not have a go-to-move to create separation?
I believe it is more an attitude problem than anything else.
Like I said earlier, I would still take Eto'o, Geremi, Wome over 90% of these joksters.
No wonder, they go from club to club, from league to league, from higher division to lower and lower divisions ...
If it wasn't for Brazil misfiring and the keeper prowess, we would have conceded 5 or 6.
We had 2 shots on goal? Maybe 3 ?
Bepanda
Brother Bepanda you are been hard on this guys,you are comparing them to Eto'o that is one of the best in the game.Eto'o will walk into almost any team today and start.This guys are currently African Champs for crying out loud.Brazil was lucky in this game,what you failed to see is that African players are badly treated in Europe clubs.Look at the Cameroon keeper,i don't know if any Brazil keeper is better than him and look their clubs they play for?How many open net Cameroon miss in this game?
Yes I :agree: that quality and decision making has drop but same with other teams.When we have likes of Eto'o brazil still beat Cameroon like 3-0.I think this team was unlucky to not get something out of this game.
Go to Brazil forum and see how their fans complain that this Brazil players lack basic soccer skills,they are still crying for a player to come like Ronaldo,Ronaldinho and likes of Pele.Do you think Gabriel Jesus is better than Choupo?Please players like Roger miller and Eto'o comes once in a generation.Is like some people in Nigeria keep looking for another Jay Jay and Kanu,those guys come once in a life time.Easy on this young guys that face racism in Europe and some even choose football to make a living not something they were born into it.