SE Best 11 Now

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE Best 11 Now

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

They say the more things change the more they stay the same. What would the best 11 be if all players were healthy assuming Mikel is still Capt? In a 4321 formation only please. Let's keep your expertise on formations for another topic.

This is the best team we can possibly assemble on paper today.

Uzoho

Ebuehi.......Troost....Balogun.....Collins

Ndidi......Mikel

Kalu......iwobi......Musa

ighalo

Since the wc we've added a lot of depth on the wings,LB and in attack. The retirement of VM has given Kalu a chance to stake his claim on the forward spot but I think chukweze will eventually win out in that position. Collins has owned the LB spot but it was always a major deficiency for the SE.

The next phase in the transition of the SE should see a new MF combo start to emerge as Mikel winds down his SE career. Imho, Etebo is not better than Onazi in that CM slot, we're yet to see any new players that can fill Mikel's shoes in CM. I'm looking forward to see what Abdul Zubairu has to offer and further development of Mikel Agu. However, the big question that will be answered in the next year will be whether or not NWAKALI can be of any use to SE. This should be his spot to lose but unfortunately his career seems to have stagnated a bit. The foreign born players are yet to commit so there's no need to ponder until we know they're ready.

After AFCON I expect to see the emerging mf and attack to be.

Ndidi........?

Chkwueze....Iwobi.....Musa

Success/Osihmen

Either way you look at it we're stacked with a bunch of options in attack and wide players. It might ultimately be necessary to switch to a 442mor 4141. The project continues. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE Best 11 Now

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho
Balogun, Ekong, Omeruo
Kalu, Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel, Chukwuze
Musa, Ighalo
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote:Uzoho
Balogun, Ekong, Omeruo
Kalu, Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel, Chukwuze
Musa, Ighalo
Looks good on paper but I'm not sure if chukwueze at LWB is the solution,Both he and Kalu are not especially good at defending and keeping the shape of the team. They might turn out to be good but the better teams will certainly have a field day like Tau did last week. We are actually still in a deficit with the retirement of VM, kalu is yet to play to his level even though he has done well. He's no Vic Mo at defending.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho
Omeruo, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel
Chukwuze, Ighalo, Musa

Subs
Osimhen
Kalu
Success
Iheanacho
Onyekuru
Nwakili
Onazi
Agu
Ajayi
Eze
Aina
Collins
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Ejaria
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

I go for current form, class of league and play for SE (if any)

uzoho

AIna
Omeruo
Ekong
Collins

Ndidi
Etebo
Iwobi

Kalu
Musa
Ighalo

Subs:
Nwokolor
Success
Chukwueze
Henry
Joel Obi
Esiti
Balogun
IDowu

Standby:
Igboun
Osimhen
Ajayi
Simon Moses
Onazi
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The next phase in the transition of the SE should see a new MF combo start to emerge as Mikel winds down his SE career. Imho, Etebo is not better than Onazi in that CM slot, we're yet to see any new players that can fill Mikel's shoes in CM. I'm looking forward to see what Abdul Zubairu has to offer and further development of Mikel Agu.
Sorry, who's this?
No vex.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The next phase in the transition of the SE should see a new MF combo start to emerge as Mikel winds down his SE career. Imho, Etebo is not better than Onazi in that CM slot, we're yet to see any new players that can fill Mikel's shoes in CM. I'm looking forward to see what Abdul Zubairu has to offer and further development of Mikel Agu.
Sorry, who's this?
No vex.

The "Nigerian Kante" ....http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/11/22/ab ... -in-march/

[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Your boy will be tested. In the end, I don't want you to say "The boy is ...."
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sorry, who's this?
No vex.

[/video]
He needs to get out of Slovakia first then he can be taken seriously!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sorry, who's this?
No vex.

[/video]
Why? He played several games in Europa league and have good account of himself. Ajax and some Belgian teams are already after him. Besides, if we're begging players at QPR to play for then why not Trecin? At least they play Europa regularly.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

To me, Kalu is the most important player for the SE. I hope he continues to develop. Whenever a player makes a huge impact during their introduction to the SE. Then you know you have a super star in the making. I have never been this excited about any SE player since Mikel
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote:To me, Kalu is the most important player for the SE. I hope he continues to develop. Whenever a player makes a huge impact during their introduction to the SE. Then you know you have a super star in the making. I have never been this excited about any SE player since Mikel
Kalu is no doubt a good player but he's his presence on the field hasn't had the same impact as Vic Mo , considering he was brought in as a direct replacement the SE is still missing some of what Vic Mo provided. Hopefully he gets better.
OCCUPY NFF!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I like Kalu. He is a really strong runner in the right which makes him perfect for a 3 - 5 - 2

Omeruo, Balogun, Troost

Kalu, Etebo, Ndidi, Mikel/Iwobi, Jamiu

Musa, ?

? Because both Nacho and Ighalo haven’t been doing tge job
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sorry, who's this?
No vex.

[/video]
I like his game. The bobo is is a live wire. Kante was picked up from the lower league in France, if memory serves me right
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel
Chukwuze, Ighalo, Musa

Subs
Osimhen
Kalu
Success
Iheanacho
Onyekuru
Nwakili
Onazi
Agu
Ajayi
Eze
Aina
Collins
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Ejaria
I just saw highlights of Eze play against stoke . He actually looks decent playing the number 10 role. Surely will like to see him have a look in good options to iwobi and Nacho. Meanwhile Ajayi looks strong and inform this weekend . Both may likely get better club in Jan if they keep playing well in the championship
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel
Chukwuze, Ighalo, Musa

Subs
Osimhen
Kalu
Success
Iheanacho
Onyekuru
Nwakili
Onazi
Agu
Ajayi
Eze
Aina
Collins
Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Ejaria

Kalu hugging the bench? You know that makes no sense. Don't be scared to name your "true" first 11
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:They say the more things change the more they stay the same. What would the best 11 be if all players were healthy assuming Mikel is still Capt? In a 4321 formation only please. Let's keep your expertise on formations for another topic.

This is the best team we can possibly assemble on paper today.

Uzoho

Ebuehi.......Troost....Balogun.....Collins

Ndidi......Mikel

Kalu......iwobi......Musa

ighalo
Can we all kindly forget about Mikel ? The Guy is retired . His heart is not in it anymore . Lets move on

Same applies to Ighalo. A Basically Decent player but too slow and immobile to spearhead the Eagles attack.
He is no different from Aiyegbeni . Yeah he will give you goals if served properly but cannot conjure something from nothing .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Kongi basically has it right besides the fact that ebuehi is a long term injury lay off and we will have to monitor his return.

As of now based primarily on SE form, this is the best 11 we can field

*******************************UZOHO********************************

AINA*****************TROOST****************BALOGUN***********COLLLINS

******************MIKEL/ETEBO***************NDIDI************************

******************************IWOBI************************************

KALU**************************************************************MUSA

*******************************IGHALO**********************************

If Mikel continues to be injured, then replace him with Etebo.

Now there are a few players who are doing well for their clubs who we haven't quite seen enough of in SE colours who may possibly push one of these players out.

Strongest shout I would have to say is Samuel Chukwueze. The boy really should have played close to 90 minutes against Uganda, and needs to get some decent time in the march window.

Success looked good in his small time against Libya, however he underwhelmed in the half against Uganda, but the entire team looked a little off, and that camera angle was just so woeful it was really hard to fully read the game.

Ajayi could also push an inactive Balogun for his spot.

The problem with the march window is that we will be playing piss poor Seychelles at home, in a match we should honestly be aiming to score double figures. However this match will tell us absolutely NOTHING, because the opposition is so piss poor. Nigeria has not played such poor opposition since Tahiti, and even they were likely better than this team.

We need to organize a high profile friendly after the Seychelles match, preferably in the UK somewhere perhaps against a team like Morocco or Tunisia, or even against a European team.

This is the last major chance we will have before the 2019 ANC to work things out. This is an opportunity that cannot be wasted. Also we must use the Seychelles match to cap tie any players we can. We should be looking towards Seyi Ojo, Ejaria, Billing, Eberechi Eze. The NFF should be working on all of this right now.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

We have a major issue developing in MF with mikel likely to hang it up soon. We have Ndidi whose major contribution is ball winning and disrupting the opponents play. Imho, Ndidi is great but we need more from that position. We need players with similar skillset as Oliseh in that position, we actually need 2 of them. Our Dm/CM must both be able to win the ball back, distribute, pose a scoring threat and be able to read the game well. The only player that i can think of that would do well in that CM position is nwakali. The boy needs to grow fast. Etebo and onazi are very good but we need more from them.
OCCUPY NFF!!