If Victor Moses Came Out of International Retirement

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
If Victor Moses Came Out of International Retirement

Post by wiseone »

...would he get into Nigeria's team? Lots more competition these days than when he was in the team. He would be competing for a slot with Musa, Kalu, Onyekuru, Chukwueze, and the other Moses...

Such a shame that he is not getting club or international football these days.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: If Victor Moses Came Out of International Retirement

Post by vancity eagle »

The way he played at the worldcup and prior he would not be starting currently. We honestly do not miss Moses one bit.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Players like Kalu and Samu are more exciting to watch in my opinion and espouse to the style of play Nigeria is noted for.
Lets move on, folks. Good luck to V. Moses in his quest for club football.
wiseone wrote:...would he get into Nigeria's team? Lots more competition these days than when he was in the team. He would be competing for a slot with Musa, Kalu, Onyekuru, Chukwueze, and the other Moses...

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

if jay jay okocha came out of retirement would he be on the bench or get automatic shirt :taunt: :taunt:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

wiseone wrote:...would he get into Nigeria's team? Lots more competition these days than when he was in the team. He would be competing for a slot with Musa, Kalu, Onyekuru, Chukwueze, and the other Moses...

I wouldn't even put him on the bench. He needs to go find a club first! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:if jay jay okocha came out of retirement would he be on the bench or get automatic shirt :taunt: :taunt:
Automati shirt. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

VM could play as a wingback/right forward as deployed under Conte with Chelsea while Musa played centrally where he's more effective than misses Ighalo. No doubt he'll walk into our starting 11 but he needs to go to a team where he can get some playing time. He's probably sore from sitting on bench.
Last edited by Ekorian on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ekorian wrote:VM could play as a wingback/right forward as deployed under Conte with Chelsea while Musa played centrally where he's more effective than misses Ighalo. No doubt he'll walk into our starting 11 but he needs to go to a team where he can playing time. He's probably sore from sitting on bench.

You dey mind the mugus. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

If he shows up, he plays. Rohr is very, very loyal.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:if jay jay okocha came out of retirement would he be on the bench or get automatic shirt :taunt: :taunt:
Automati shirt. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Captain as well, he can also bring family members to play, he is allowed
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ekorian wrote:VM could play as a wingback/right forward as deployed under Conte with Chelsea while Musa played centrally where he's more effective than misses Ighalo. No doubt he'll walk into our starting 11 but he needs to go to a team where he can playing time. He's probably sore from sitting on bench.
Thanks Ekorian! I am of the same opinion; therefore, I think he will walk into his starting position, or our first team line-up. However, I still think he retired too soon and needs to come back
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Moses walks into the team, same with Mikel..tall are jokers drawing the likes of SA and Uganda plus beating the likes of Seychelles abi Libya don make una Pari dey upside down.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Moses walks into the team, same with Mikel..tall are jokers drawing the likes of SA and Uganda plus beating the likes of Seychelles abi Libya don make una Pari dey upside down.

Mikel walks into the team for sure.

Moses, sorry I don't see it unless he drastically improved from his pre WC to WC form, where he did nothing but dive around and rarely took a man on.

Sorry but Kalu would start over that Moses any day of the week. I think Chukwuze would as well.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Some CE simply have selective amnesia. The same people hailing Mikel and Moses as our two finest players are now clamoring for some Chukwueze and Nnamdi Nobody. Na una sabi!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Moses, Mikel and to a lesser extent Iwobi were terrible against Croatia. Got us off to a bad start in that competition, but then I had been warning about Moses for a while. He is excellent at taking PKs but does not have a clue how to bring his teammates into the attack as an SE player. Good luck to him in his club endeavors.

Wha choo looking at?!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Typical CE olosho fans always deceived by flash in the pan. Moses and Mikel are established SE players that hasn’t won multiple trophies in their career while all these new guys are still learners. I believe that Moses and Mikel will easily walk into SE team
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Vancity you can not compare backwater teams like Libya, South Africa and Madagascar to the likes of Croatia or Argentina so your measurement is invalid. Also, if people have forgotten about Victor Moses level for Nigeria gonand rewatch our match vs Cameroun and Algeria
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

You guys all missed the video where Rohr said that at 27 years old, VM is too young to retire from a national team but he advised him to find playing time or maybe move in the next transfer window.

VM ruined his chances by his displays at the WC.
He is lucky the ref didn't dish him a yellow card for diving repeatedly diving. Most players would get the message after 3 diving no calls but he didin't. He showed poor judgment. The same with shooting from a tight angle when he should have crossed the ball. Dribbling when a simple pass would do. Dribbling into traffic when he can easily burn opponents from the outside. Too many turnovers.

This was a player that came off as having a very low IQ and is not aware of his strengths.
He wasn't like that during the qualifiers or at his club though there were flashes of these problems.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Experience counts. If e.g. Nigeria are playing an AFCON semi-final against Cameroon in a hostile cauldron away - would we go for the reliable experience of a VicMo or go for the talent of Kalu or Chukwueze that has not yet been tested under extreme pressure?....
john12 wrote:Vancity you can not compare backwater teams like Libya, South Africa and Madagascar to the likes of Croatia or Argentina so your measurement is invalid. Also, if people have forgotten about Victor Moses level for Nigeria gonand rewatch our match vs Cameroun and Algeria
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Kabalega wrote:You guys all missed the video where Rohr said that at 27 years old, VM is too young to retire from a national team but he advised him to find playing time or maybe move in the next transfer window.

He is lucky the ref didn't dish him a yellow card for diving repeatedly diving. Most players would get the message after 3 diving no calls but he didin't. He showed poor judgment. The same with shooting from a tight angle when he should have crossed the ball. Dribbling when a simple pass would do. Dribbling into traffic when he can easily burn opponents from the outside. Too many turnovers.

This was a player that came off as having a very low IQ and is not aware of his strengths.
He wasn't like that during the qualifiers or at his club though there were flashes of these problems.
You have said it all. These VM tendencies were screamed to the rooftops by people like me before the WC

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=287261&start=69&hil ... nce+attack

but we were shouted down.

Wha choo looking at?!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Kabalega wrote:You guys all missed the video where Rohr said that at 27 years old, VM is too young to retire from a national team but he advised him to find playing time or maybe move in the next transfer window.

You have said it all. These VM tendencies were screamed to the rooftops by people like me before the WC

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=287261&start=69&hil ... nce+attack

but we were shouted down.
You are both idiots
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Very well said, Chief! :clap: :clap: :clap: However, Moses still will be a SE starter if he comes back
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

You guys are funny. Moses would walk right into the starting line-up. Having said that, his retirement has been a blessing in disguise, as it's allowing young players the opportunity to come into the team, which is helping us build the type of depth that we will need whether or not he stays retired.

In any case, he needs to sort himself out with his club situation. Furthermore, even if he eventually rescinds his decision to quit international football, I doubt it will happen before the Nation's Cup.