PINNICK SIGNS ANOTHER BAD DEAL WITH NIKE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: PINNICK SIGNS ANOTHER BAD DEAL WITH NIKE

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:Let me repeat very slowly...I do NOT know if it is a great deal. I do not know if it is a POOR deal either!

And neither do you.

If this is a wrong conclusion on my part then please share the details of the deal, if you have it.

It seems presumptuous at the least to reach conclusions on something you do not know!
Now, let me repeat it S L O W L Y ...so you can get it.

If it was negotiated by Pinnick, it is a BAD deal!

And he is not in a position to tell us how great he is when he doesn't even understand what a good deal or a bad deal is.

Like I said, it seems highly presumptuous to reach conclusions without any knowledge of the deal. Heck, u don't even know who negotiated the deal!!!
There are people who I will automatically take an alternative stance or a wait and see (cynical approach) because they just do things in some kinda of way that makes you shake your head in wonderment.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Metal, I hate to have to say this but not revealing any deal done with the NFF poses a great danger to NFF revenue. Unlike other Association where money transparency or the judicious use of it is not an issue, one cannot say that about the NFF. In any case, if the carrot of "the best African deal" is dangled before our very eyes, shouldn't one see the details rather than hiding behind non disclosure excuse?
But this thread is premature. The news article announcing the deal states that the details of the deal will be revealed at the end of the year when the NFF "publishes their accounts." if at that time, the details are not released, or if the deal is truly a horrible one then they would deserve all criticism that follows. What is mind boggling is raising speculation based off imagined narratives and then criticizing it without any basis for the criticism!
Dude, they intentionally meant to be opaque about the deal and the terms.

Someone like Pinnick who likes tooting his own horn has a reason why he is being vague about the deal.

These people are savvy when it comes to designing new ways to siphon money.

He can't on his own go in negotiate a deal and come out and tell us it is the best deal. Says who? The guy who is not a professional negotiator? The guy who doesn't understand leverage? The guy who is happy and in love with all things foreign?

When they hide details, rest be assured that it stinks. Be it Air Naijaria or any other foolishness that these guys engage in.

BTW, NFF should not be in the business of negotiating such deals. They should hire professionals and pay them professional fees.
You may in the end be proven right. But at this here moment, none of what you offer above is based on actual knowledge of the current deal.

In effect, u are merely pulling this off your derriere!!!
No, dude. Not out of my derriere.

I have been here for a minute and I am shocked at how these guys think.

It will shock you when you realize their motivation...

I know how Nigerian officials typically think and how their self-interest overshadows everything else. I've dealt with many...

But that still doesn't mean we get to reach conclusions on a deal we do not know the details of.

That is taking cynicism to new heights!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Metal, I hate to have to say this but not revealing any deal done with the NFF poses a great danger to NFF revenue. Unlike other Association where money transparency or the judicious use of it is not an issue, one cannot say that about the NFF. In any case, if the carrot of "the best African deal" is dangled before our very eyes, shouldn't one see the details rather than hiding behind non disclosure excuse?
But this thread is premature. The news article announcing the deal states that the details of the deal will be revealed at the end of the year when the NFF "publishes their accounts." if at that time, the details are not released, or if the deal is truly a horrible one then they would deserve all criticism that follows. What is mind boggling is raising speculation based off imagined narratives and then criticizing it without any basis for the criticism!
Dude, they intentionally meant to be opaque about the deal and the terms.

Someone like Pinnick who likes tooting his own horn has a reason why he is being vague about the deal.

These people are savvy when it comes to designing new ways to siphon money.

He can't on his own go in negotiate a deal and come out and tell us it is the best deal. Says who? The guy who is not a professional negotiator? The guy who doesn't understand leverage? The guy who is happy and in love with all things foreign?

When they hide details, rest be assured that it stinks. Be it Air Naijaria or any other foolishness that these guys engage in.

BTW, NFF should not be in the business of negotiating such deals. They should hire professionals and pay them professional fees.
I posted multiple federations in an earlier post in this very thread that did not list out the details of the terms in announcing their deals. Were they hiding the details "because it stinks"? Were they designing ways to siphon money? It is possible the deal is not as good as you want it to be. That doesnt make it a bad deal. Lets wait for the details to emerge.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

metalalloy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Mental,

The reason I Ignore your post is simply beacuase I know you are a total and complete moron. The fact that you think a person needs a Journalism degree to be a journalist says everything I need to know about you.

I have a job for you, go do it for one year and at the end of that year, i will tell you how much I am going to pay you !!

Thats what the NFA is saying, you shithead moron !!
:atc: :curse: :curse:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

metalalloy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Mental,

The reason I Ignore your post is simply beacuase I know you are a total and complete moron. The fact that you think a person needs a Journalism degree to be a journalist says everything I need to know about you.

I have a job for you, go do it for one year and at the end of that year, i will tell you how much I am going to pay you !!

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

JACKAL wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Mental,

:lol: so you sat down, as a fully functional adult, equated the statement from the "NFA" (sic) stating that the details of the deal would be revealed to the public within the next 4 weeks with an individual working blindly for a year, and then at the end of that year, (a period of 52 weeks) being told by his employer how much he is being paid?

:lol: :lol: :lol: where do i even start?

4 weeks is equal to one year?
Nike is the NFF's employer?
The NFF doesnt know the details of the deal?

Chei... Lord almighty!! you are dense!!!

You people see why I refuse to deal with this simpleton? :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

The bottom line is no one really knows or would know whether the deal is a good or a bad one until the details are released to the public. With that said, one would assume that whatever the new deal is probably better than what we had going in.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Robbynice wrote:The bottom line is no one really knows or would know whether the deal is a good or a bad one until the details are released to the public. With that said, one would assume that whatever the new deal is probably better than what we had going in.

Simple and short. You would think this is obvious...

4 pages later...

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Robbynice wrote:The bottom line is no one really knows or would know whether the deal is a good or a bad one until the details are released to the public. With that said, one would assume that whatever the new deal is probably better than what we had going in.
Oboy, you people tire me for Cyber eagles o!
so the last deal was $3.75M... so if the new deal is $3.75 M + $1 ….you are ok with it ??
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

JACKAL wrote:
Oboy, you people tire me for Cyber eagles o!
so the last deal was $3.75M... so if the new deal is $3.75 M + $1 ….you are ok with it ??
Yet another Einstein level conclusion drawn from your rear end. :lol:

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I have long argued with a lot of Nigerians that the reason our country is poor and is not doing so well in so many areas is NOT mainly because of corruption; Incompetence of our leadership is the real problem.

Incompetence is the main reason our schools are not functioning, our roads are in disrepair, our hospitals don't have enough qualified personnel or supplies.. and the list goes on and on !

INCOMPETENCE, INCOMPETENCE, INCOMPETENCE !

That is the number 1 enemy in Nigeria, not corruption.

Those of you who are not asking questions today will have to deal with the same old issues of the football associating running out of money, players boycotting games due to unpaid bonuses, coaches not being paid for months, leaving players stranded in foreign lands, no welfare programs for retired players, inadequate facilities or in disrepair...and the list goes on and on.

This is where the problem is; A lack of money. And these sponsorship negotiations offers a real opportunity for the association to solve that problem except they cant because they don't know what to ask for or how to negotiate what to ask for, or don't even think they deserve that type of money so they don't ask for it.

Negotiating a contract is not all about leverage or bargaining position as you have heard Pinnick and his advisors say, its also apparently about self esteem !!

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
NIKE WILL SELL $1 BILLION+ OF NIGERIAN MERCH BY WC 2022

Post by JACKAL »

Here's what's going to happen in the next couple of years:

Nike already sees Nigeria the way they saw Michael Jordan in the 80's. A golden goose that's going to lay the golden egg! They are going to ride us all the way to the high heavens. They are going to sell over $1 Billion dollars in Merchandise by the end of the next world cup using Nigeria's name using African themed designs.

Just Watch this space. !!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: NIKE WILL SELL $1 BILLION+ OF NIGERIAN MERCH BY WC 2022

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so you can see the future, what will happen on friday?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Mods please merge this attention seeking spam with the other the other rubbish thread discussing the new Nike deal.

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

JACKAL wrote:Here's what's going to happen in the next couple of years:

Nike already sees Nigeria the way they saw Michael Jordan in the 80's. A golden goose that's going to lay the golden egg! They are going to ride us all the way to the high heavens. They are going to sell over $1 Billion dollars in Merchandise by the end of the next world cup using Nigeria's name using African themed designs.

Give me next weeks lottery numbers!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

So, who is the moderator who Merged this Thread with the first one I wrote.
I was under the impression we are in a new era of accountability...so please identify yourself and explain your actions.

Thanks
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

dude why dont you forward your resume to nff
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

JACKAL wrote:

I was under the impression we are in a new era of accountability...so please identify yourself and explain your actions.

Thanks
Oga, I merged it. Felt it was discussing the same issue.

My apologies.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Cellular wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Thanks

My apologies.
No need to apologize my brother.... I respect whatever actions you take here. You have been very instrumental in making the CE experience a really good one since you took charge here. This place was a jungle in the bad old days. I wish they could all be like you. More power to you,

The reason I opened a new thread for the this topic is because I wanted to first, create a reference point for this specific issue.

Secondly, I wanted to have a chance to try to explain to people how this merchandizing and sponsorship stuff works and why I believe Nike will hit those numbers. Believe me, they have done their own forecasting and they are probably using the same sales forecasting methodology I am using. You already see some people here calling me Nostradamus as if this stuff is sorcery and oracle seeing, its just business and there is an art and science to it.

That's all I wanted to so do : Educate !!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Thanks

My apologies.
Wow, since you are in an apologizing mood, can you apologize to 'Ogba na Chance', sorry I mean Emenike, for abruptly ending his career with that phrase! :mad:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Pinnick has confirmed the Nike deal put together is worth $2 million or more.

[/video]

Talk absolute rubbish that Nigerian clubs have no history :boo: :boo: (always bringing Nigerian football clubs down). Private ownership of clubs we have been there before :roll: :roll: :roll:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

fabio wrote:Pinnick has confirmed the Nike deal put together is worth $2 million or more.

[/video]

Talk absolute rubbish that Nigerian clubs have no history :boo: :boo: (always bringing Nigerian football clubs down). Private ownership of clubs we have been there before :roll: :roll: :roll:
If Pinnick signed a deal even for 2m a year, the first thing we need to do is ban 1Naira so we can have a free for all dumping on that Ori bi eyin awo
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

[/video]
Please start at 3:53 Mark where he talks about Nike....

He said the NIKE deal is worth $2Million ... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I rest my case !!