PINNICK SIGNS ANOTHER BAD DEAL WITH NIKE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
PINNICK SIGNS ANOTHER BAD DEAL WITH NIKE

Post by JACKAL »

Let me explain !

Why is it the best deal for an "African nation" and not the best deal in the world ??
These our representatives are just not business men. They are administrators and really don't have any clue what type of leverage they have when they have it.

You just sold the largest set of Jerseys in the world. You have a huge fan base, clearly the biggest in the world by the sheer numbers of buyers of your brand......what else do you need to tell them on you want the best deal in the world ?????

shouldn't they have been talking to multiple sponsors and pitting them against each other !!!????... men we have a long way to go in Nigeria sha….

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/nige ... -extension
Nigerian FA hails new Nike deal ‘best ever for an African nation’
Improved contract runs through to 2026 Fifa World Cup and includes women’s team.

Posted: November 21 2018By: Sam Carp
Nigerian FA hails new Nike deal ‘best ever for an African nation’
Getty Images

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has announced a long-term extension of its partnership with Nike.

The new deal will initially run for four years, but an automatic renewal clause will take the collaboration through to the end of the 2026 Fifa World Cup, meaning the US sportswear giant will supply kit to Nigeria’s national soccer team for the next two editions of the international tournament.

The financial terms of the agreement, which has been expanded to include Nigeria’s women’s team, have not been confirmed, but NFF president Amaju Pinnick described it as an “improved contract”.

The extension prolongs a collaboration that dates back to April 2015 when Nike replaced sportswear rival Adidas as Nigeria’s official kit supplier. The company kitted out the men’s national side at this year’s World Cup in Russia, where Nigeria narrowly missed out on qualifying for the knockout rounds.

Nigeria Football Federation rides with the Simba Group

"This four plus four deal is the best any African country has ever had with Nike," said Pinnick, speaking to members of the media. "I can say it is about a hundred percent better than anything else.”

Adding: “A few months after we came on board for our first term in office, I was told that we needed to buy jerseys for the national team to play a football match. That was how bad it was, because the kit sponsor at that time terminated the contract.

“So, I made contacts with some highly connected persons and worked hard to convince Nike to come on board. We were coming from a weak position but they made the agreement flexible for us.

"We are happy we teamed up with Nike because after we qualified and participated at the FIFA World Cup in Russia, the company was the one chasing us for a new improved contract,"

Shehu Dikki, the NFF’s vice president and head of marketing, added: “We are very happy because this new agreement comes with good money on an annual basis, more supplies, improved qualification bonus for our teams, door-to-door delivery of kits, royalty for the NFF on jerseys sold and it has now been expanded to include our women national teams.”

Nigeria’s Nike World Cup strip earned rave reviews in various quarters, winning the London Design Award and ranking highest in international men’s magazine GQ’s list of the best kits of the 32 teams in Russia. The NFF also said the kit received three million pre-orders before its release.

Tina Salminen, Nike’s regional sports marketing director for Africa, added: “[The World Cup kit] has remained a source of reference in Nike meetings and events ever since.

“Nigeria is one of the big teams in world football and we are happy to get them to sign a long-term contract.”
Next
Egg
Egg
Re: PINNICK SIGNS ANOTHER BAD DEAL WITH NIKE

Post by Next »

How do you know it's a "bad deal"? Do you have the financial details of it or it's the duration of the deal that you are angry with?

So in the absence of all these you cannot classify this as a "bad deal".
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Next wrote:How do you know it's a "bad deal"? Do you have the financial details of it or it's the duration of the deal that you are angry with?

the same way we can't verify if it's a good deal without the details. Incomplete write-up as usual
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

While the details are sketchy I think there are positives here. There is a reason why Nike wanted to tie us down to a long contract, they recognise that we are marketable branch. They have brought the female team on board as well.

We have moved from the position where we were begging for sponsors to where the sponsor is now trying to own and keep us over a long period. This is the dividend of stability, this is what stability brings to the table especially where the people in charge at least know where they are going.

I don't know about signing the best deal in the world, I know where we were 4yrs when we were begging for sponsors... I see an improved deal.

The ball is now back in our court to make ourselves even more marketable even as Nigerians all over the world have now bought into the buying of Nigerian jerseys
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oloye wrote:While the details are sketchy I think there are positives here. There is a reason why Nike wanted to tie us down to a long contract, they recognise that we are marketable branch. They have brought the female team on board as well.

We have moved from the position where we were begging for sponsors to where the sponsor is now trying to own and keep us over a long period. This is the dividend of stability, this is what stability brings to the table especially where the people in charge at least know where they are going.

I don't know about signing the best deal in the world, I know where we were 4yrs when we were begging for sponsors... I see an improved deal.

The ball is now back in our court to make ourselves even more marketable even as Nigerians all over the world have now bought into the buying of Nigerian jerseys
Nigeria is one of the few teams Nike can be creative with our jersey. The rest stick to traditional norms.
After selling out of our last jersey in hours, what excuse can they give that we are not marketable?

What is left now is the devil in the details. Anything from the last deal can be seen as an improvement but in view of how much Nike made from our 2018 attire, one should be looking more than just an improve deal from the last one 'cos quite frankly, the last one was a "begging bowl" donation and not a deal
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:
Next wrote:How do you know it's a "bad deal"? Do you have the financial details of it or it's the duration of the deal that you are angry with?

the same way we can't verify if it's a good deal without the details. Incomplete write-up as usual
... let's just say a deal has been made, eliminate use of the word(s) - good or bad - deal; at least, until we know what the details are
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Odas wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

... let's just say a deal has been made, eliminate use of the word(s) - good or bad - deal; at least, until we know what the details are
I mean...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Odas wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

what deal has been made? How much? :rotf: You no read in the same article say the financial terms has not been confirmed yet?

It seems thee's a willingness from Nike to extend, but no full details yet
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I hear it is a 4 year deal with an option to extend it for another 4 years. No financial details released.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

They are touting this as the best deal for an African county ? This is how they fool you African... Did you know Nike only Currently sponsors only 3 African National team. Nigeria, Burundi and South Africa. 2 of the 3 didn't even qualify for the World cup..so the standards are not even that high to begin with..

Here is a list of what they pay other Countries and mind you we out sold all of them in Jersey sales:

France got $54 Million a Year...we received $3.75 for 4 years on the last contract.

Despite Nigeria's deal with Nike not being among the top 10, the sport manufacturer actually has the three most expensive sponsorships in Russia.
France, somewhat surprisingly, have the best deal, receiving a whopping $54 million (R745 million) annually from the kit supplier, as reported by Sports Sponsorship Insider.

England follow with their $46 million (R634 million) contract, while Brazil complete the podium with their $32 million (R441 million) deal.

Germany and Spain have the biggest deals with adidas, with both European giants pocketing $30 million (R414 million) from the German brand.

Japan receive $18 million (R248 million) a year from adidas, one more than hosts Russia, while Mexico is the sixth adidas-sponsored team in the top 10, earning $13 million (R179 million).

Gallery: 2018 World Cup Kits Revealed, Groups A-D

Meanwhile, 2016 UEFA European Championship winners Portugal are Nike’s fourth team in the top 10, receiving $7 million (R97 million) a year from the kit supplier.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I guess it is top secret information. I can't find the South Africa kits sponsor deal financial terms. To be fair Nike had all of the leverage over Nigeria. Adidas dumped Nigeria . Adidas accused Nigeria of malpractice. France and UK are considered more lucrative markets than Nigeria until recently. Nigeria should get a better deal now. But we can't verify the terms of the new deal.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

JACKAL,

Fact is that you are clearly jumping the gun here. Do you have the financial details or not. If you have none, then you really do not have the information to make an informed comment on whether the deal is good or poor. The last Nike deal was poor but that verdict was reached only because the financial deals were available to a certain extent. That is not the case here.

What you are doing here is speculative, nothing more. The sharing of info on European teams does not help matters because you have nothing to compare to those financial figures. Moreover, I certainly will not be expecting Nigeria's figures to be anything close to countries like France and the reason ought to be obvious. However, I certainly expect the figures to be much better than the last Nigerian deal with Nike. However, I cannot make an INFORMED comment on it until the figures are out.

JACKAL wrote:They are touting this as the best deal for an African county ? This is how they fool you African... Did you know Nike only Currently sponsors only 3 African National team. Nigeria, Burundi and South Africa. 2 of the 3 didn't even qualify for the World cup..so the standards are not even that high to begin with..

Here is a list of what they pay other Countries and mind you we out sold all of them in Jersey sales:

France got $54 Million a Year...we received $3.75 for 4 years on the last contract.

Despite Nigeria's deal with Nike not being among the top 10, the sport manufacturer actually has the three most expensive sponsorships in Russia.
France, somewhat surprisingly, have the best deal, receiving a whopping $54 million (R745 million) annually from the kit supplier, as reported by Sports Sponsorship Insider.

England follow with their $46 million (R634 million) contract, while Brazil complete the podium with their $32 million (R441 million) deal.

Germany and Spain have the biggest deals with adidas, with both European giants pocketing $30 million (R414 million) from the German brand.

Japan receive $18 million (R248 million) a year from adidas, one more than hosts Russia, while Mexico is the sixth adidas-sponsored team in the top 10, earning $13 million (R179 million).

Meanwhile, 2016 UEFA European Championship winners Portugal are Nike’s fourth team in the top 10, receiving $7 million (R97 million) a year from the kit supplier.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II,

If it was a very good deal. Pinnick by now would have would raving about it. It is safe to say it was a better deal (although still bad), then the rubbish Pinnick signed four years ago.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote:Enugu II,

If it was a very good deal. Pinnick by now would have would raving about it. It is safe to say it was a better deal (although still bad), then the rubbish Pinnick signed four years ago.
He is raving about in the media but even that is not convincing till the details are known. You and I should not be confused about Pinnick hyping the deal. I want to know more before making comments based on information and not making wild guesses.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:

He is raving about in the media but even that is not convincing till the details are known. You and I should not be confused about Pinnick hyping the deal. I want to know more before making comments based on information and not making wild guesses.
“We are very happy because this new agreement comes with good money on annual basis, more supplies, improved qualification bonus for our teams, door-to-door delivery of kits, royalty for the NFF on jerseys sold and it has now been expanded to include our women national teams.”

The new agreement is also flexible with regards to market situation, and performance of the National Teams. “We have a window for renewal of this contract in 2023 but most terms of the agreement as presently constituted would improve should the Super Eagles make a huge impact at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

“This contract brings a huge sigh of relief. Now, we do not have to worry about clearing kits at the ports because NIKE now has that responsibility to bring it to our door. All the National Teams are now captured, we earn money on number of jerseys sold and a new kit will be designed for Nigeria prior to the 2020 Olympics Games in Tokyo,” Dikko added

NFF 1st Vice President and Chairman of the Legal Committee, Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi assured NIKE that the NFF would abide by every letter of the new contract, and said the Federation is in fact looking forward to signing another much –improved deal after the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
https://hotsportstv.com/nff-signs-new-i ... with-nike/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II, another reason people are skeptical abut the new deal is Pinnick's double speak. Compare and contrast what he said about the old Nike deals four years ago and today....

Today...
“We need to know where we are coming from to be able to appreciate where we are now. A few months after we came on board for our first term in office, I was told that we needed to buy jerseys for the National Team to play a football match. That was how bad it was, because the kit sponsor at that time terminated the contract.

“So, I made contacts with some highly connected persons and worked hard to convince NIKE to come on board. We were coming from a weak position but they made the agreement flexible for us. Today, we are happy we teamed up with NIKE because after we qualified and participated at the FIFA World Cup in Russia, the company was the one chasing us for a new improved contract,” President of NFF, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick, said at the contract –signing ceremony inside the Stephen Keshi Stadium.

Four years ago....
Amaju Pinnick, President of the Nigeria Football Federation, on Tuesday admitted that his federation approached the NIKE sponsorship deal from a weak point.

Pinnick said incessant crises in the country’s football and the Super Eagles failure to qualify for the 2015 Nation’s Cup put the federation at a disadvantaged position in the contract negotiation with NIKE.

He said: “People are talking about the NIKE contract.

“I kept that contract to myself for a long time before I decided to say I want to share it with the secretariat.

“I wept when I signed a document purchasing jerseys for Nigeria.

“The best period of Nigerian football history was in the last three years.

“Now, we are supposed to be a choice candidate for sponsors.

“I know how many times I went to NIKE without the board knowing.

“If you know me, you will know that in terms of finance, my image is as clear and clean as crystal.

“I am moved by passion to serve this country.

“I love this country and I am only driven by it.

“I am not telling you that I don’t like the good things of life because I was born into it, but it is just that we (the NFF board) have a clear-cut vision.”
https://theeagleonline.com.ng/nike-deal ... eak-point/

Pinnick also explained the situation that compelled the federation to sign the $750, 000 kit contract with Nike, confessing that the federation entered into negotiations with the sports wears outfit from a weak position.

He revealed that the NFF did the deal just for the purpose of securing kit sponsorship for the national teams after all other companies it earlier approached rejected it.

Pinnick also stated that the current position of the Super Eagles, as well as the fact the national team did not qualify for the last Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea also counted against the federation in the deal, where Nike’s responsibility would only be to supply kits worth $750,000 to the national teams for three and a-half year period.

Reacting to criticisms that trailed the contract, Amaju said the deal was the best the federation could get, stressing that it was in a very pitiable situation that even lesser companies were rejecting the country’s proposals. “I kept that contract to myself for a long time before I decided to share it with the secretariat. I can tell you that the last four years has been the best period of Nigerian football.’

Now we are supposed to be a choice candidate for corporate kit sponsors, but regrettably no sponsor wants to identify with us.

That is food for thought; we would not want to go into details. I spoke with almost every kit manufacturing company but no one was able to pen a deal with us. So when Nike came with their conditions, we said okay, why not. “We had serious challenges securing kit sponsors for our various teams.
https://guardian.ng/lead-story/nff-is-b ... u-pinnick/
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I understand the fact that u are a critic of Pinnick; and that is fine.

But you need to always do it based on facts and not emotions.

Without knowing the details of the contract, nothing you post can determine whether it is a good or bad contract.

What is more, the accusation of doublespeak is not supported by the evidence you have offered.

I suspect that in good time the details will come out. Lets wait until then..

fabio wrote:Enugu II, another reason people are skeptical abut the new deal is Pinnick's double speak. Compare and contrast what he said about the old Nike deals four years ago and today....

Today...
“We need to know where we are coming from to be able to appreciate where we are now. A few months after we came on board for our first term in office, I was told that we needed to buy jerseys for the National Team to play a football match. That was how bad it was, because the kit sponsor at that time terminated the contract.

“So, I made contacts with some highly connected persons and worked hard to convince NIKE to come on board. We were coming from a weak position but they made the agreement flexible for us. Today, we are happy we teamed up with NIKE because after we qualified and participated at the FIFA World Cup in Russia, the company was the one chasing us for a new improved contract,” President of NFF, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick, said at the contract –signing ceremony inside the Stephen Keshi Stadium.

Four years ago....
Amaju Pinnick, President of the Nigeria Football Federation, on Tuesday admitted that his federation approached the NIKE sponsorship deal from a weak point.

Pinnick said incessant crises in the country’s football and the Super Eagles failure to qualify for the 2015 Nation’s Cup put the federation at a disadvantaged position in the contract negotiation with NIKE.

He said: “People are talking about the NIKE contract.

“I kept that contract to myself for a long time before I decided to say I want to share it with the secretariat.

“I wept when I signed a document purchasing jerseys for Nigeria.

“The best period of Nigerian football history was in the last three years.

“Now, we are supposed to be a choice candidate for sponsors.

“I know how many times I went to NIKE without the board knowing.

“If you know me, you will know that in terms of finance, my image is as clear and clean as crystal.

“I am moved by passion to serve this country.

“I love this country and I am only driven by it.

“I am not telling you that I don’t like the good things of life because I was born into it, but it is just that we (the NFF board) have a clear-cut vision.”
https://theeagleonline.com.ng/nike-deal ... eak-point/

Pinnick also explained the situation that compelled the federation to sign the $750, 000 kit contract with Nike, confessing that the federation entered into negotiations with the sports wears outfit from a weak position.

He revealed that the NFF did the deal just for the purpose of securing kit sponsorship for the national teams after all other companies it earlier approached rejected it.

Pinnick also stated that the current position of the Super Eagles, as well as the fact the national team did not qualify for the last Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea also counted against the federation in the deal, where Nike’s responsibility would only be to supply kits worth $750,000 to the national teams for three and a-half year period.

Reacting to criticisms that trailed the contract, Amaju said the deal was the best the federation could get, stressing that it was in a very pitiable situation that even lesser companies were rejecting the country’s proposals. “I kept that contract to myself for a long time before I decided to share it with the secretariat. I can tell you that the last four years has been the best period of Nigerian football.’

Now we are supposed to be a choice candidate for corporate kit sponsors, but regrettably no sponsor wants to identify with us.

That is food for thought; we would not want to go into details. I spoke with almost every kit manufacturing company but no one was able to pen a deal with us. So when Nike came with their conditions, we said okay, why not. “We had serious challenges securing kit sponsors for our various teams.
https://guardian.ng/lead-story/nff-is-b ... u-pinnick/
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Why don't they release the contract, if it is really the best
I fear naina has been taken for a ride again
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If the NFF were more transparent, there won't be any speculation.

Why don't they just release the financial terms?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Come to think of it. It might be better they don't release it. There seems to be a lot of fighting once the NFF get more money.

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Enugu II wrote:JACKAL,

Fact is that you are clearly jumping the gun here. Do you have the financial details or not. If you have none, then you really do not have the information to make an informed comment on whether the deal is good or poor. The last Nike deal was poor but that verdict was reached only because the financial deals were available to a certain extent. That is not the case here.

What you are doing here is speculative, nothing more. The sharing of info on European teams does not help matters because you have nothing to compare to those financial figures. Moreover, I certainly will not be expecting Nigeria's figures to be anything close to countries like France and the reason ought to be obvious. However, I certainly expect the figures to be much better than the last Nigerian deal with Nike. However, I cannot make an INFORMED comment on it until the figures are out.

JACKAL wrote:They are touting this as the best deal for an African county ? This is how they fool you African... Did you know Nike only Currently sponsors only 3 African National team. Nigeria, Burundi and South Africa. 2 of the 3 didn't even qualify for the World cup..so the standards are not even that high to begin with..

EII... What is the Obvious reason why their contract should be bigger than ours ?? Please explain it to me !

This is the French FA president running to the press to defend their Shirt Selling position at the last WC... why do you think they need to do this ? https://www.nssmag.com/en/sports/15223/ ... ussia-2018

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

“We are very happy because this new agreement comes with good money on annual basis, more supplies, improved qualification bonus for our teams, door-to-door delivery of kits, royalty for the NFF on jerseys sold and it has now been expanded to include our women national teams.”

The new agreement is also flexible with regards to market situation, and performance of the National Teams. “We have a window for renewal of this contract in 2023 but most terms of the agreement as presently constituted would improve should the Super Eagles make a huge impact at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

“This contract brings a huge sigh of relief. Now, we do not have to worry about clearing kits at the ports because NIKE now has that responsibility to bring it to our door. All the National Teams are now captured, we earn money on number of jerseys sold and a new kit will be designed for Nigeria prior to the 2020 Olympics Games in Tokyo,” Dikko added

NFF 1st Vice President and Chairman of the Legal Committee, Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi assured NIKE that the NFF would abide by every letter of the new contract, and said the Federation is in fact looking forward to signing another much –improved deal after the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
https://hotsportstv.com/nff-signs-new-i ... with-nike/
I already know its a bad deal. I dont need to see any details... Look at the things they are celebrating...?? Its everything, but the actual money. !!! If it was a $40 Million dollar deal, that would be the first thing out of their mouths !!

You guys just dont understand how much leverage Nigeria has... There is no reason we shouldnt have one of the top 5 biggest sponsorship deals in world. Its all about the market and Sales ! And not just about winning. We didnt need to win to Sell $200M in shirts. They should have shopped it out the deal to multiple sponsors and looked beyond just the Big 3 in sports. They should have tried going to non traditional sport fashion outlets like Calvin Klien, Gucci etc. The could have tried America urban outfitters like Roc A-fella, Sean john etc
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/lucr ... hip-deals/

Most valuable National Football Team Kit Suppliers Deals

September 2, 2016 By totalsportek2
We all know that kit suppliers deal of major european club teams are very lucrative ones for both the club and the brand and we have covered couple of in depth analysis on European football shirt sponsorship and also the most expensive football kit deals but what about the International teams and kit sponsorship ? How do the national federations fair compare to club deals ? Here we take a look at some of the most expensive kit deals in international football today.

Germany record breaking Adidas deal: Adidas extended their historical kit deal with current world champions Germany to atleast 2022 and it also became the most expensive kit deal in football worth €50m a year. at the international level.
Current England kit suppliers Nike who pay English FA around €34.5 million a year for 8 year deal are set to ditch the contract in 2018 when its expire. Largely down to underwhelming performances of England team at the major tournament. Specially that humiliating exit in the hands of Iceland in Euro 2016. underArmour are already in talks with English FA and they are likely to become new England kit suppliers after Nike deal expires in 2018.

Most Expensive International Football Kit Supplier Deals
COUNTRY
BRAND
VALUE
CONTRACT

GERMANY (new)
ADIDAS
€50m
2015-2022

FRANCE
NIKE
€42.6m