PINNICK SIGNS ANOTHER BAD DEAL WITH NIKE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PINNICK SIGNS ANOTHER BAD DEAL WITH NIKE

Post by txj »

JACKAL wrote:
Enugu II wrote:JACKAL,

Fact is that you are clearly jumping the gun here. Do you have the financial details or not. If you have none, then you really do not have the information to make an informed comment on whether the deal is good or poor. The last Nike deal was poor but that verdict was reached only because the financial deals were available to a certain extent. That is not the case here.

What you are doing here is speculative, nothing more. The sharing of info on European teams does not help matters because you have nothing to compare to those financial figures. Moreover, I certainly will not be expecting Nigeria's figures to be anything close to countries like France and the reason ought to be obvious. However, I certainly expect the figures to be much better than the last Nigerian deal with Nike. However, I cannot make an INFORMED comment on it until the figures are out.

JACKAL wrote:They are touting this as the best deal for an African county ? This is how they fool you African... Did you know Nike only Currently sponsors only 3 African National team. Nigeria, Burundi and South Africa. 2 of the 3 didn't even qualify for the World cup..so the standards are not even that high to begin with..

Here is a list of what they pay other Countries and mind you we out sold all of them in Jersey sales:

France got $54 Million a Year...we received $3.75 for 4 years on the last contract.

Despite Nigeria's deal with Nike not being among the top 10, the sport manufacturer actually has the three most expensive sponsorships in Russia.
France, somewhat surprisingly, have the best deal, receiving a whopping $54 million (R745 million) annually from the kit supplier, as reported by Sports Sponsorship Insider.

England follow with their $46 million (R634 million) contract, while Brazil complete the podium with their $32 million (R441 million) deal.

Germany and Spain have the biggest deals with adidas, with both European giants pocketing $30 million (R414 million) from the German brand.

Japan receive $18 million (R248 million) a year from adidas, one more than hosts Russia, while Mexico is the sixth adidas-sponsored team in the top 10, earning $13 million (R179 million).

Gallery: 2018 World Cup Kits Revealed, Groups A-D

Meanwhile, 2016 UEFA European Championship winners Portugal are Nike’s fourth team in the top 10, receiving $7 million (R97 million) a year from the kit supplier.
EII... What is the Obvious reason why their contract should be bigger than ours ?? Please explain it to me !

This is the French FA president running to the press to defend their Shirt Selling position at the last WC... why do you think they need to do this ? https://www.nssmag.com/en/sports/15223/ ... ussia-2018

Why does Real Madrid have a bigger shirt sponsorship deal than Huddersfield?

Pretty strange argument.

Our football isn’t near the level of these countries, nor is the purchasing power...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

txj wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Fact is that you are clearly jumping the gun here. Do you have the financial details or not. If you have none, then you really do not have the information to make an informed comment on whether the deal is good or poor. The last Nike deal was poor but that verdict was reached only because the financial deals were available to a certain extent. That is not the case here.

What you are doing here is speculative, nothing more. The sharing of info on European teams does not help matters because you have nothing to compare to those financial figures. Moreover, I certainly will not be expecting Nigeria's figures to be anything close to countries like France and the reason ought to be obvious. However, I certainly expect the figures to be much better than the last Nigerian deal with Nike. However, I cannot make an INFORMED comment on it until the figures are out.

JACKAL wrote:They are touting this as the best deal for an African county ? This is how they fool you African... Did you know Nike only Currently sponsors only 3 African National team. Nigeria, Burundi and South Africa. 2 of the 3 didn't even qualify for the World cup..so the standards are not even that high to begin with..

Here is a list of what they pay other Countries and mind you we out sold all of them in Jersey sales:

France got $54 Million a Year...we received $3.75 for 4 years on the last contract.

Despite Nigeria's deal with Nike not being among the top 10, the sport manufacturer actually has the three most expensive sponsorships in Russia.
France, somewhat surprisingly, have the best deal, receiving a whopping $54 million (R745 million) annually from the kit supplier, as reported by Sports Sponsorship Insider.

England follow with their $46 million (R634 million) contract, while Brazil complete the podium with their $32 million (R441 million) deal.

Germany and Spain have the biggest deals with adidas, with both European giants pocketing $30 million (R414 million) from the German brand.

Japan receive $18 million (R248 million) a year from adidas, one more than hosts Russia, while Mexico is the sixth adidas-sponsored team in the top 10, earning $13 million (R179 million).

Meanwhile, 2016 UEFA European Championship winners Portugal are Nike’s fourth team in the top 10, receiving $7 million (R97 million) a year from the kit supplier.
EII... What is the Obvious reason why their contract should be bigger than ours ?? Please explain it to me !

This is the French FA president running to the press to defend their Shirt Selling position at the last WC... why do you think they need to do this ? https://www.nssmag.com/en/sports/15223/ ... ussia-2018

Pretty strange argument.

Our football isn’t near the level of these countries, nor is the purchasing power...

Then Tell US TXJ...Why does Real madrid have a bigger Shirt deal than Huddersfield ? There has to be some sort of objective measure there that they used in deciding who gets what ?

So what is the objective measure of Why France would have a bigger deal than Nigeria ? Or Holland has a Bigger deal than Nigeria ? Or why France has a bigger deal than China ??

Try not using vague descriptions like "level of their football" or "Purchasing power" ….say it in plain English why ???

What is the reason ? Give me the exact objective tool they used in deciding ?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
txj wrote: Why does Real Madrid have a bigger shirt sponsorship deal than Huddersfield?

Pretty strange argument.

Then Tell US TXJ...Why does Real madrid have a bigger Shirt deal than Huddersfield ? There has to be some sort of objective measure there that they used in deciding who gets what ?

So what is the objective measure of Why France would have a bigger deal than Nigeria ? Or Holland has a Bigger deal than Nigeria ? Or why France has a bigger deal than China ??

Try not using vague descriptions like "level of their football" or "Purchasing power" ….say it in plain English why ???

What isn't "plain English" about the term 'purchasing power'?
You want him to give you closely-guarded financial figures to explain "in plain English" what is pretty basic common sense?
You tell us what about the term is confusing to you. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
txj wrote: Why does Real Madrid have a bigger shirt sponsorship deal than Huddersfield?

Pretty strange argument.

You want him to give you closely-guarded financial figures to explain "in plain English" what is pretty basic common sense?
so Dafunk...what does it mean ??? Tell us what purchasing power means ?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Pretty strange argument.

No.You tell us what is confusing to you.

We have assumed all these years that you went to school.
So tell us what you understand by the term and we can correct you if you are wrong.

Ma gbe mi l'enu jo.
Al'ab'osi. :taunt:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

JACKAL,

It is strange that you want Txj to spell out for you why Real Madrid will get a better deal than Huddersfield. Are you serious? Perhaps, you are not really aware of the terrain of football and sports marketing. Tomorrow you will expect Huddersfield to sell media rights that are higher than those sold by Madrid?

Seriously. I won't not even bother explaining the difference.

On Nigeria, first lets just see (for starters):

1) Who just won the World Cup? Perhaps, Nigeria did.

2) Who gets frequently threatened by FIFA ban? Perhaps, France.

3) Who has the higher profile players? Perhaps, Nigeria.

Just starters, bro. This isn't rocket science and don't for one minute think that Nike does not seek to recoup from its expenditures when making deals. All that should give you the answers that you seek.
JACKAL wrote:
txj wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Pretty strange argument.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Pretty strange argument.

So tell us what you understand by the term and we can correct you if you are wrong.

Ma gbe mi l'enu jo.
Humor me... explain it to me like I am a 2 year old !!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Pretty strange argument.

Ma gbe mi l'enu jo.
Nah.
You'll figure it out when you can be bothered.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

It is strange that you want Txj to spell out for you why Real Madrid will get a better deal than Huddersfield. Are you serious? Perhaps, you are not really aware of the terrain of football and sports marketing. Tomorrow you will expect Huddersfield to sell media rights that are higher than those sold by Madrid?

Just starters, bro. This isn't rocket science and don't for one minute think that Nike does not seek to recoup from its expenditures when making deals. All that should give you the answers that you seek.
EII,

Humor me bro...explain it to me like a 2 year old...PLEASE !!!

Did Nike know France was going to win the world cup before they gave them $54 M contract ?

How about all those other countries who didn't win or didn't even qualify...They still gave them all a $#% load of money. Much more than Nigeria...USA, China Holland !!

FIFA threatens everybody They almost banned Spain before this last world cup. All the racism in European leagues have not stopped NIKE from Signing massive deals with all these countries while FIFA fines and threatens them.

I forgot to mention that NIKE itself was Indicted by the US government during the whole FIFA investigation thing from a few years ago. The shenanigans they pulled of with the Brazil sponsorship deal all came to light. Not to talk of the numerous controversies that have trailed their overall business practices over the years.

Brazil, Argentina has higher profile players than anybody and they didn't get the biggest money.

So I am going to ask you again, what is the rationale for these contracts ?? Why is one country getting more paid than the other ?? Those things you mentioned are all very subjective. Give me a comprehensive list both objective and subjective !!

Last edited by JACKAL on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Pretty strange argument.

Ma gbe mi l'enu jo.
Nah.

Dafunk… You just wade into subjects you don't even understand. If you knew what purchasing power meant in relation to what TXJ is saying you would have slammed it in my face. ...Purchasing power sounds good, but you don't know what it means ...do you ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote: Humor me... explain it to me like I am a 2 year old !!
Nah.

Dafunk… You just wade into subjects you don't even understand. If you knew what purchasing power meant in relation to what TXJ is saying you would have slammed it in my face. ...Purchasing power sounds good, but you don't know what it means ...do you ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
No, I don't.
So tell us. :roll:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nah.

No, I don't.
TX is the one who used the term...let him explain it first and then I will respond...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nah.

No, I don't.
TX is the one who used the term...let him explain it first and then I will respond...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nah.

No, I don't.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

JACKAL,

I simply gave you starters and will not do additional research on your behalf. If you claim Nigeria deserves more (i.e. than contracts of others, assuming you know what Nigeria is getting :???: ) then do the research on why and inform all of us, the doubters. The ball is in your court.

JACKAL wrote:

EII,

Did Nike know France was going to win the world cup before they gave them $54 M contract ?

How about all those other countries who didn't win or didn't even qualify...They still gave them all a $#% load of money. Much more than Nigeria...USA, China Holland !!

FIFA threatens everybody They almost banned Spain before this last world cup. All the racism in European leagues have not stopped NIKE from Signing massive deals with all these countries while FIFA fines and threatens them.

I forgot to mention that NIKE itself was Indicted by the US government during the whole FIFA investigation thing from a few years ago. The shenanigans they pulled of with the Brazil sponsorship deal all came to light. Not to talk of the numerous controversies that have trailed their overall business practices over the years.

Brazil, Argentina has higher profile players than anybody and they didn't get the biggest money.

So I am going to ask you again, what is the rationale for these contracts ?? Why is one country getting more paid than the other ?? Those things you mentioned are all very subjective. Give me a comprehensive list both objective and subjective !!

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Pretty strange argument.

Ma gbe mi l'enu jo.
Abegi, no insult 2 year olds :taunt: You're more like a foetus :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

I blame you people for trying to actually have a reasoned discussion with an attention seeking peacock without a iota of a brain. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:I blame you people for trying to actually have a reasoned discussion with an attention seeking peacock utterly without a iota of a brain. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ok, you are using too many words, abeg explain your point to us like we are 2 year olds PLEASE! :( Please try and include some coo-ing if you can...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

@Enugu II:

Couldn't have said it better..

Thx

[quote="Enugu II"]JACKAL,

[quote="JACKAL"][quote="txj"][quote="JACKAL"][quote="Enugu II"]JACKAL,
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I simply gave you starters and will not do additional research on your behalf. If you claim Nigeria deserves more (i.e. than contracts of others, assuming you know what Nigeria is getting :???: ) then do the research on why and inform all of us, the doubters. The ball is in your court.

JACKAL wrote:

EII,

EII,

The funny thing here is that all of you agree that Real madrid deserves to have bigger Sponsorship package than Huddulesfield... but No one can tell me why ??? Its a really simple question and no here is willing to tell me WHY ???

If you can answer that question, then it would unravel the Nigeria vs NIKE vS FRANCE, USA, HOlland question sponsorship value question.

You said i dont know the details of the Nigeria deal, ..well that is not entirely true. Media reports have reported that the deal is Heavily performance laden. This means its a very speculative and very one-sided contract. Nike risks very little !!

This basically means Nigeria gets a small amount upfront, the rest of the money we get depends on how we do in each competition, if we qualify or win tournaments, if we qualify for the world cup and how much merchandise we can sell.

Which means we could end with the less than what we were getting before or we could end up with a big upside...

They are reporting we are getting 10% royalty on Merchandise sold. The problem with this is the devil is in the details which they are not telling us.

Is that royalty 10% of the gross or 10% of the Net ??
How much are they getting for each tournament if they qualify for or win ?
If they don't win and get to the finals and lose, do they still get something ? how much ?
How much did they get upfront ???
What is the value of the Jerseys they are delivering ?
Why the automatic 4 year renewal on a speculative contract ??? That's insane !!
What else is in the contract ??

I say this is a bad deal, because all those other countries are not subject to this type of stringent performance based contract. Its always better and easier to have a guaranteed contract. This is going to put a lot of undue pressure on the players, coaches and administrators to perform which could create a lot of desperation for the entire football family.

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/5- ... 28867.html
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Jackal, you are the type of brother I will like with me when negotiating a contract.

Pinnick is a horrible negotiator. He has this inferiority complex when dealing with oyibos that mere talking to them is seen as an accomplishment.

The deal is said to be the "best in Africa" by the same set of clowns who are happy going to the World Cup to learn.

I would have shopped the deal around and gone for the best deal that will put us in the league of top footballing nations with a vast fan base. I will even use Nike's own numbers, the media buzz it generated at the World Cup, the stock "bounce" it got from our Jersey... yes, I will link that to the popularity of our Jersey. The fact they couldn't stock enough Jerseys.

I wouldn't be basing it on what others are currently earning. In Sports contracts especially in the US, you see NEW contracts eclipsing the contracts of previous stars... contracts are largely based on potential.

Dude is probably just happy to be kitted by Nike.

Naijarians are used to signing slave contracts that they don't even know what their value is. The same goes for players... just happy that someone wants them.

If the deal was that good he would have been announcing the true value of the deal and set a new benchmark. But it is shrouded in secrecy because he has yet again been screwed... Nike probably told him not to announce the real value. Either that or he doesn't want to announce the real value so that he can keep getting government money.

Hire a gaddam Contract Agent and let him go in there and ask for things you don't even know are on the table.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:Jackal, you are the type of brother I will like with me when negotiating a contract.

Pinnick is a horrible negotiator. He has this inferiority complex when dealing with oyibos that mere talking to them is seen as an accomplishment.

The deal is said to be the "best in Africa" by the same set of clowns who are happy going to the World Cup to learn.

I would have shopped the deal around and gone for the best deal that will put us in the league of top footballing nations with a vast fan base. I will even use Nike's own numbers, the media buzz it generated at the World Cup, the stock "bounce" it got from our Jersey... yes, I will link that to the popularity of our Jersey. The fact they couldn't stock enough Jerseys.

I wouldn't be basing it on what others are currently earning. In Sports contracts especially in the US, you see NEW contracts eclipsing the contracts of previous stars... contracts are largely based on potential.

Naijarians are used to signing slave contracts that they don't even know what their value is. The same goes for players... just happy that someone wants them.

If the deal was that good he would have been announcing the true value of the deal and set a new benchmark. But it is shrouded in secrecy because he has yet again been screwed... Nike probably told him not to announce the real value. Either that or he doesn't want to announce the real value so that he can keep getting government money.

Hire a gaddam Contract Agent and let him go in there and ask for things you don't even know are on the table.
How much is the deal?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote:Jackal, you are the type of brother I will like with me when negotiating a contract.

Chief, like I have always maintained, Pinnick has somehow being given a free pass when it comes to critic in comparison to previous NFF chairperson. We are supposed to accept what he does as an achievement, never been done before, accept it as the best deal ever. This was a man who went to Nike office in London basically cap in hand begging for a contract without any input or oversight of the marketing department.

This is the giveaway for me.....
"This four plus four deal is the best any African country has ever had with Nike," said Pinnick,
Nike only kits Burundi and South Africa. 4+4 is the best deal.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim