Bayern 3 Fortuna 3/Mainz 1 Dortmund 2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Bayern 3 Fortuna 3/Mainz 1 Dortmund 2 FT

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I was going to come on to this. Clubs like Barca have serious issues. Where a club like Arsenal is respectful and sensitive to their players needs, Barca are arrogant expecting the player to bow to their needs. At Arsenal, they have a mosque commission by the Inman of the local mosque for Arsenal Muslim prayers at the training ground and the stadium. Their food is strictly halal and you know what, the majority of the players prefer it.

For example, I am a Christian but I only eat halal meat.
You forgot the part where Barca offered a chef to help him with his diet.

You claim Deschamps is not complaining but that is actually not true.

The dieting is one thing, but what about the unprofessionalism? Even his agent admits he needs to improve!

Back in Germany Jurgen Klopp has had to file a case against him for thrashing his apartment b/4 he left for Spain. Is Klopp also part of Barca press?

When a team signs a player for $125m, they should expect him to bow to their wishes, not the other way round like kitty cat clubs like Arsenal!
You offer a chef after the player refused to eat your food. How can it be that any club that is respectful and sensitive to their player's needs should it come to that? That was shameful. Why is it that the player had to make a stand before they brought in this so called chef?

Before you sign the player, you do your homework and ensure you take care of the player's religious needs inter alia. A club like Barca don't need to be told this but Dembele is Muslim and Black, they did not care because they expect him to fit into their ways.

txj, unless I am getting my dates wrong, Klopp was at Liverpool when Dembele was leaving for Spain.

I need to attend to a matter urgently, I will be back to respond to the other points.
Stop making stuff up bro! They've had muslim players before. Remember Seydou Keita?

The issue of dieting came up for a reason- it came up for his poor dieting habits not his choice of halal food...

On Klopp you did not get your dates wrong; you got your facts wrong! He lived in Klopp's apartment in Dortmund. Remember Dortmund? The club he coached for years?

This is not about respect for a player. It's about the lack of professionalism of the player.

I can understand if your argument is that it serves Barca right, given how they got the player in the first place. But don't bring race or religion into it!

Burun uba!!!
Have a read of this. https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ssion=true

A pity you have opted to sink to abuse.

You can believe the Barca papers and their lies about the player. I don't. On Dembele trashing Klopp, it yet another piece of rubbish fed to the tabloids. The player turned down Liverpool, do not be sore and try to trash his reputation on the basis of tabloid and Barca lies.

I try to seek balance and I am explaining a balanced point of view. You trash the player, but you have not had one word to commend his good performances for Barca. I have no axe to grind. Dembele is a player I have admired since his Rennes days, I take a keen interest in his career, so I always seek any info apart from the damaging racist bile from Barca.

Am out of this, I repeat what I said initially. Dembele is no saint because he has lashed out when he would have been better advised not to. However, I love people who do not suffer fools gladly. Dembele has taught Barca lessons in respect for a person who is different from them. Long may he continue.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I was going to come on to this. Clubs like Barca have serious issues. Where a club like Arsenal is respectful and sensitive to their players needs, Barca are arrogant expecting the player to bow to their needs. At Arsenal, they have a mosque commission by the Inman of the local mosque for Arsenal Muslim prayers at the training ground and the stadium. Their food is strictly halal and you know what, the majority of the players prefer it.

For example, I am a Christian but I only eat halal meat.
You forgot the part where Barca offered a chef to help him with his diet.

You claim Deschamps is not complaining but that is actually not true.

The dieting is one thing, but what about the unprofessionalism? Even his agent admits he needs to improve!

Back in Germany Jurgen Klopp has had to file a case against him for thrashing his apartment b/4 he left for Spain. Is Klopp also part of Barca press?

When a team signs a player for $125m, they should expect him to bow to their wishes, not the other way round like kitty cat clubs like Arsenal!
You offer a chef after the player refused to eat your food. How can it be that any club that is respectful and sensitive to their player's needs should it come to that? That was shameful. Why is it that the player had to make a stand before they brought in this so called chef?

Before you sign the player, you do your homework and ensure you take care of the player's religious needs inter alia. A club like Barca don't need to be told this but Dembele is Muslim and Black, they did not care because they expect him to fit into their ways.

txj, unless I am getting my dates wrong, Klopp was at Liverpool when Dembele was leaving for Spain.

I need to attend to a matter urgently, I will be back to respond to the other points.
Stop making stuff up bro! They've had muslim players before. Remember Seydou Keita?

The issue of dieting came up for a reason- it came up for his poor dieting habits not his choice of halal food...

On Klopp you did not get your dates wrong; you got your facts wrong! He lived in Klopp's apartment in Dortmund. Remember Dortmund? The club he coached for years?

This is not about respect for a player. It's about the lack of professionalism of the player.

I can understand if your argument is that it serves Barca right, given how they got the player in the first place. But don't bring race or religion into it!

Burun uba!!!
Have a read of this. https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ssion=true

A pity you have opted to sink to abuse.

You can believe the Barca papers and their lies about the player. I don't. On Dembele trashing Klopp, it yet another piece of rubbish fed to the tabloids. The player turned down Liverpool, do not be sore and try to trash his reputation on the basis of tabloid and Barca lies.

I try to seek balance and I am explaining a balanced point of view. You trash the player, but you have not had one word to commend his good performances for Barca. I have no axe to grind. Dembele is a player I have admired since his Rennes days, I take a keen interest in his career, so I always seek any info apart from the damaging racist bile from Barca.

Am out of this, I repeat what I said initially. Dembele is no saint because he has lashed out when he would have been better advised not to. However, I love people who do not suffer fools gladly. Dembele has taught Barca lessons in respect for a person who is different from them. Long may he continue.

I too like the player; as does Klopp incidentally!!! And I truly did not mean that as an abuse. My apologies...

Secretly hoping the rumors about LFC signing him are true- perhaps wishful thinking...

He is a super talent; that's why Barca are using all sorts of 'outside pressure' to get him in line...

But he is not professional.

He did thrash Klopp's apartment and he has been cited in Germany for that wrt paying restitution. Its neither rubbish, nor tabloid lies. On the LFC forums, folks are having a laugh at it...

He is untardy with his approach to timeliness; going back even to his days in Dortmund. I read Barny's piece a few weeks ago. It has more to do with his whole issue with monetization of the game.

It is what it is bro...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Another view of things from the same Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... in-la-liga

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:Another view of things from the same Guardian:

Not to worry I never miss a Sid Lowe column. Notice he quotes Barca outlets for all the negativity about the player. That is telling.

Dembele is no saint, he has his faults but Barca not handling this well. Player has lost value and if they sell, now, they have to give money to Dortmund. So are they stupidly leaking such negative stories about the player?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:

Not to worry I never miss a Sid Lowe column. Notice he quotes Barca outlets for all the negativity about the player. That is telling.

Dembele is no saint, he has his faults but Barca not handling this well. Player has lost value and if they sell, now, they have to give money to Dortmund. So are they stupidly leaking such negative stories about the player?
They are trying to use group pressure to get him to change. Wouldn't make sense to do this publicly if you are looking to sell...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Its very easy to overlook a player's unprofessionalism if/when he has a good game. But its an approach that is bound to fail, ultimately.

Look at the current case of Memphis Depay....
Lyon also had trouble for Depay. In the 2-1 success in Angers, the offensive star had to sit first on the bench. After substituting, he scored the 2: 0 - and then spoke in rage: "I can not hear that I have decided the match. I still do not feel like a respected player. I do that every time, I'm very strong mentally. I have to accept the decision of the coach. But I'm a little disappointed too. I think that I deserve more respect. I think I should earn more and play every game. "

The reaction of his coach: a cabin sermon in front of a team! According to French channel "RMC Sport", Lyon coach Bruno Genesio complained: "I want to apologize to Memphis. I apologize for any time you come too late for training. I apologize for wearing the shoes of your sponsor instead of those of the club, although it is notoriously prohibited. I apologize for your inadequate warm-up in Angers, for being too late and for your lack of attitude. Memphis, to have a really great career, you'll have to be more humble. "
https://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/inte ... sport.html

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

From sportsbild.de, as in the German Bild, quoting Didier Deschamps.
It is what it is...

France coach Didier Deschamps has accused Barça star Ousmane Dembélé of being too lax in the run-up to the match against Holland in the Nations League (Friday, 20.45 in the liveticker of sportbild.de ). "I know his excuses when he comes too late. Ousmane has a habit of being late, "the coach said.

Deschamps advice to his international: "Whether in his club or in the national team, he must be a little more attentive to the things that are part of the everyday life of a professional."

The world champion coach hopes that Dembélé will someday be more professional. "He is a young player who already knows many things. I do not lose the hope that he will recognize all these aspects. The sooner he avoids situations or makes sure that he understands them, the better it will be for everyone. "

In addition, Deschamps denied having exchanged with the Barça managers about the behavior of Dembélé: "I do not interfere in the everyday life of the club. It is up to him (Barca coach Ernesto Valverde, d. Red.) To treat the players as he sees fit. "

bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

They are trying to use group pressure to get him to change. Wouldn't make sense to do this publicly if you are looking to sell...
Almost all human beings are flawed....it just depends on how hard you search and you will find those flaws.

Barcelona signed one flawed individual in Suarez and them managed to somehow cover his past misdemeanors with the help of the catalan media.

I am not trying to ignore Dembele's perceived crime but dont you think there was a way to deal with this issue than leaking staff to the media and then have your senior players keep on commenting on the issue with the ridiculous pretext that they are helping whilst doing nothing but putting fuel onto the fire. This was an issue which should have been dealt with internally.

Barca dealt with a more difficult character in Neymar without resorting to character assassination and they have managed to successfully kill the Messi's tax stories.

Dont you think they couldn't do it in way whereby there isnt any scandal after....internally maybe?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Almost all human beings are flawed....it just depends on how hard you search and you will find those flaws.

Barcelona signed on flawed individual which is Suarez and them managed to somehow cover his past misdemeanors with the help of the catalan media.

I am not trying to ignore Dembele's perceived crime but dont you think there was a way to deal with this issue than leaking staff to the media and then have your senior players keep on commenting on the issue with the ridiculous pretext that they are helping whilst doing nothing but putting fuel onto the fire. This was an issue which should have been dealt with internally.

Barca dealt with a more difficult character in Neymar without resorting to character assassination and they have managed to successfully kill the Messi's tax stories.

Dont you think they couldn't do it in way whereby there isnt any scandal after....internally maybe?
Neymar was never tardy. He had his shenanigans, but was never tardy. Besides, when he came under internal pressure, re the Unzue case, he straightened up and was a top quality contributor; not every once in a while, but regularly...

The reason they went public with the peer pressure is simply from the fact of the internal approach failing to work...

It is what it is bro...

bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

txj wrote:
bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Barcelona signed on flawed individual which is Suarez and them managed to somehow cover his past misdemeanors with the help of the catalan media.

Neymar was never tardy. He had his shenanigans, but was never tardy. Besides, when he came under internal pressure, re the Unzue case, he straightened up and was a top quality contributor; not every once in a while, but regularly...

The reason they went public with the peer pressure is simply from the fact of the internal approach failing to work...

It is what it is bro...
Now you taking your assumptions as if they are facts

Busquets who is a senior player at Barca said that the Dembele issue is blown out of proportion
https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2018/11 ... a-good-kid
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

It is what it is bro...

Busquets who is a senior player at Barca said that the Dembele issue is blown out of proportion

I make no assumptions.

It is what it is, bro...

bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

txj wrote:
bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

It is what it is bro...

I make no assumptions.

It is what it is, bro...
Okay...so you know the internal workings of Barcelona more than Busquets :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:I make no assumptions.

It is what it is, bro...
Okay...so you know the internal workings of Barcelona more than Busquets :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
No I don't know the internal workings of Barca. But I do know when a team is trying to de-escalate a situation.

There's enough reports out there about internal meetings with Dembele and with his agent...

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:Its very easy to overlook a player's unprofessionalism if/when he has a good game. But its an approach that is bound to fail, ultimately.

Look at the current case of Memphis Depay....
Lyon also had trouble for Depay. In the 2-1 success in Angers, the offensive star had to sit first on the bench. After substituting, he scored the 2: 0 - and then spoke in rage: "I can not hear that I have decided the match. I still do not feel like a respected player. I do that every time, I'm very strong mentally. I have to accept the decision of the coach. But I'm a little disappointed too. I think that I deserve more respect. I think I should earn more and play every game. "

The reaction of his coach: a cabin sermon in front of a team! According to French channel "RMC Sport", Lyon coach Bruno Genesio complained: "I want to apologize to Memphis. I apologize for any time you come too late for training. I apologize for wearing the shoes of your sponsor instead of those of the club, although it is notoriously prohibited. I apologize for your inadequate warm-up in Angers, for being too late and for your lack of attitude. Memphis, to have a really great career, you'll have to be more humble. "
This is the best response I have heard from a coach to a player in a long time. I loved it.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

But everyone knows they are treating him differently. Barca have had issues with ex and current players, none of them have had to deal with what Dembele is dealing with.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

But everyone knows they are treating him differently. Barca have had issues with ex and current players, none of them have had to deal with what Dembele is dealing with.
Of course they are treating him differently! And it is cus of his talent. If not for that he would've been dumped long ago!
MUNDODEPORTIVO.COM
Updated at 11-27-2018 18:46
Ivan Rakitic is a key player on Valverde's slate , and one of the least broken unless he suffers an injury, like the past few weeks. In an interview with Goal and Spox, the Croatian player spoke about the case of his partner Dembélé , who has been harshly criticized for his attitude in the past months.

"It's not easy to get to the biggest club in the world and the daily pressure that accumulates in a club. You have to give him time. He has incredible qualities and I am sure he will also take the step. You have to turn a blind eye to a player like that, because it's worth doing with players who have a great race ahead, " Rakitic said of Dembélé .