Nacho wins pk

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nacho wins pk

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The boy is working his socks off! Vardy scores. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nacho wins pk

Ndidi is a real workhorse. He started on the bench but came on to replace iborra after they went down 1 man, he has owned the mf ever since.. He's breaking everything up. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Without our boys, Leicester were a goal down with 11 men on pitch.....................down to 10 men with our boys on the pitch, Leicester pulled level.

Give it up to our SE boys. :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

zee wrote:Without our boys, Leicester were a goal down with 11 men on pitch.....................down to 10 men with our boys on the pitch, Leicester pulled level.

Yup! Nacho just narrowly missed with a fantastic shot . Those souring on Nacho don't know football.clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
zee wrote:Without our boys, Leicester were a goal down with 11 men on pitch.....................down to 10 men with our boys on the pitch, Leicester pulled level.

Yup! Nacho just narrowly missed with a fantastic shot . Those souring on Nacho don't know football.clap: :clap:
abeg,,,he is POOR

what was expected is not what is being delivered

His 'age' mates are doing better

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

tfco wrote:

abeg,,,he is POOR

So are your age mates. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

tfco wrote:

abeg,,,he is POOR

:rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

tfco wrote:

abeg,,,he is POOR

See backhand :clap: :clap: :clap:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

See hype.

I was expecting that Nacho made a nice run and was brought down in the box. None of that happened.

Nacho "winning a PK" is being extremely generous.

It was a scramble in the box, in fact Nacho didn't even touch the ball, he was running to it and was hacked down carelessly by the defender.

Abeg Nacho needs to improve his game for both the sake of his club and NT career.

The guy has no business even on the bench for SE at this point. Even Oshimen looked far more dangerous in his short cameo.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:See hype.

I was expecting that Nacho made a nice run and was brought down in the box. None of that happened.

Nacho "winning a PK" is being extremely generous.

It was a scramble in the box, in fact Nacho didn't even touch the ball, he was running to it and was hacked down carelessly by the defender.

Abeg Nacho needs to improve his game for both the sake of his club and NT career.

The guy has no business even on the bench for SE at this point. Even Oshimen looked far more dangerous in his short cameo.
Now you have switched from hyper-focusing on Musa to Nacho, we no go hear word for this forum...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

If you cannot stick with your players, during their lows. Why should they with you. Kelechi unfortunately is a player that thrives on confidence. His on and off situation at his club is clearly affecting this young man. Even Rohr was speaking of this recently.
Leicester is custom built for Vardy, that is why all the strikers bar non including our captain Musa failed miserably.
Don’t know who manages Kelechi, but on hindsight Oloye called it as a very bad move, and it’s clear now.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

$20millon for winning ONE penalty?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

okidoki wrote:If you cannot stick with your players, during their lows. Why should they with you. Kelechi unfortunately is a player that thrives on confidence. His on and off situation at his club is clearly affecting this young man. Even Rohr was speaking of this recently.
Leicester is custom built for Vardy, that is why all the strikers bar non including our captain Musa failed miserably.
Don’t know who manages Kelechi, but on hindsight Oloye called it as a very bad move, and it’s clear now.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

tfco wrote:

abeg,,,he is POOR

Reminds me of Nii Lamptey
I had so much hope in him, I always tried to find an excuse when he was piss poor ...
Is Nacho another Nii Odartey Lamptey???
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Rawlings wrote:$20millon for winning ONE penalty?
Give it a break boy. You've been trolling here for over 2 decades at least. By my estimation you should be in your mid 50s. At what point do you actually start to live a purposeful life ? Find a hobby or volunteer for something you actually like. We know you don't like Nigerians but I fear u might get old trying to prove it. It's almost 2019!
OCCUPY NFF!!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

okidoki wrote:If you cannot stick with your players, during their lows. Why should they with you. Kelechi unfortunately is a player that thrives on confidence. His on and off situation at his club is clearly affecting this young man. Even Rohr was speaking of this recently.

This is a funny comment because people will say this comment when the player plays for club and isn't doing well but when they disappoint for country in our international fixtures the same people get on their back. Honestly the fact is that we need to be consistent on our criticisms. I got behind Iheanacho, but apart from his bad management, he has had plenty of opportunities to make a name for himself in the prem. The problem is that due to his technical deficiencies that he is unable to get into a team that would really play to his strengths in the prem. Also looking at some issues with his first touch, lack of workrate and lack of pace he is not fully applying himself and at his age it would take a lot for him to get back on track.

The fact is that he is a very limited player. Not many teams have applications for a non-physical poacher like Nacho and unless he can improve his touch, no decent top flight team would want to use him as a second striker or attacking midfielder.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

TheHitman47 wrote:

This is a funny comment because people will say this comment when the player plays for club and isn't doing well but when they disappoint for country in our international fixtures the same people get on their back. Honestly the fact is that we need to be consistent on our criticisms. I got behind Iheanacho, but apart from his bad management, he has had plenty of opportunities to make a name for himself in the prem. The problem is that due to his technical deficiencies that he is unable to get into a team that would really play to his strengths in the prem. Also looking at some issues with his first touch, lack of workrate and lack of pace he is not fully applying himself and at his age it would take a lot for him to get back on track.

The fact is that he is a very limited player. Not many teams have applications for a non-physical poacher like Nacho and unless he can improve his touch, no decent top flight team would want to use him as a second striker or attacking midfielder.
Wouldn't have commented but, please what "age"? I can list players that bloomed well over 25 including the great Drogba. Like I told you, even Rorh realizes that the issue is more in the head, than talent. All you have listed can be worked on, that is why they train daily. My goodness...
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

okidoki wrote:
Wouldn't have commented but, please what "age"? I can list players that bloomed well over 25 including the great Drogba. Like I told you, even Rorh realizes that the issue is more in the head, than talent. All you have listed can be worked on, that is why they train daily. My goodness...
The point is that he has A lot to work on. Just doing your daily training isn't enough when you have a poor first touch. Also some things can't be trained like football IQ. I haven't given up on the kid but we have a pool of talent to pull from to find our next great striker.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

TheHitman47 wrote:
okidoki wrote:
The point is that he has A lot to work on. Just doing your daily training isn't enough when you have a poor first touch. Also some things can't be trained like football IQ. I haven't given up on the kid but we have a pool of talent to pull from to find our next great striker.

Football IQ is the least of Keles issues. Unless you’ve never played football, first touch, shooting etc can definitely be worked on.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

okidoki wrote:Football IQ is the least of Keles issues. Unless you’ve never played football, first touch, shooting etc can definitely be worked on.
I disagree. He has made some head scratching decisions in his last batch of games for Nigeria and made some horrible ones in the World Cup. Also he has made some recently with Leicester.

In order to use his to the best of his ability you need to build a team around him that only makes chances for him. He lacks too much to be a main lone striker, winger or attacking midfielder. He works best as the furthest front striker in a strike partnership but the problem with that is he needs a striker he can play off that can hold up the ball for him. The minuses in his game outweigh his pluses at the moment.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TheHitman47 wrote:
okidoki wrote:Football IQ is the least of Keles issues. Unless you’ve never played football, first touch, shooting etc can definitely be worked on.
I disagree. He has made some head scratching decisions in his last batch of games for Nigeria and made some horrible ones in the World Cup. Also he has made some recently with Leicester.

In order to use his to the best of his ability you need to build a team around him that only makes chances for him. He lacks too much to be a main lone striker, winger or attacking midfielder. He works best as the furthest front striker in a strike partnership but the problem with that is he needs a striker he can play off that can hold up the ball for him. The minuses in his game outweigh his pluses at the moment.
Nacho is actually one of our smartest ballers. Only Mikel, Iwobi, are clearly above him.

His problem has nothing to do with IQ, but confidence, poor touch at certain moments, lack of work rate, an inability to play the lone hold up role (again mainly an issue of poor touch).

Bar all those weaknesses he is the best finisher on the team along with Musa. But Musas upside is far greater than Nacho ATM. So much so that even though Musa is smaller he is a better option as a lone target man right now.

Ighalo brings us strength, proper touch, and thus the best holdup play we have so far. Ighalo also has good IQ/vision, but people said until the last 2 games that his finishing was poor. TBH it's not like Ighalo was getting good chances that he wasn't putting away. They were all half chances at best, other than that Argentina miss, which wasn't even created by our team, but rather a comedy of errors. The Libya game was the first time Ighalo was actually presented with good chances, and he delivered. Whether people like it or not, he is our best all round striker currently. China or no China.