AWCON Cam 0 Nig 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AWCON Cam 0 Nig 0

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Gotti wrote:Image
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like Nigeria will play South Africa in the final.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

balo wrote:So the game ended zero a zero?
I wonder o...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Gotti wrote:
truetalk wrote:Sometimes, you just need to get there, and we have done so.

Hopefully, we get better before the WC.

We definitely have about 3 outfield World Class players.

I know this might be controversial, but I can also confidently say that the current keeper is the best we have ever had. Better than Chiejene, Dede (or what was Robbynice's GF's name) and the immediate past keeper. The only (tiny) flaw she has had in this tourney was not leaving a little space on the near post on the South Afrcian goal. She was technically right in covering the near post, but she should have been a step away from the post.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

After the shambolic preparations (ZERO games in the entire 2017 calendar year, and 1 official friendly in 2018), this is really some accomplishment (solely by the ladies themselves). Now, having crossed this hurdle, time for the NFF to do the right thing and get the team adequately prepared.
Chief Gotti, the NFF cannot sustain this ill-preparation for ever. If any of their officials watched Ghana & Cameroon before their exits from the ongoing U17 Womens World Cup, they can see for themselves that, Nigeria's dominance of women soccer in Africa is under a very serious threat. Both teams played admirably, and were both robbed by the officials.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

truetalk wrote:
Polly wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
Not really. The Falcons I saw 40 minutes of would stink up the World Cup. I am tired of being African champion and World dishwasher at the same time.
Sometimes, you just need to get there, and we have done so.

Hopefully, we get better before the WC.

We definitely have about 3 outfield World Class players.

I know this might be controversial, but I can also confidently say that the current keeper is the best we have ever had. Better than Chiejene, Dede (or what was Robbynice's GF's name) and the immediate past keeper. The only (tiny) flaw she has had in this tourney was not leaving a little space on the near post on the South Afrcian goal. She was technically right in covering the near post, but she should have been a step away from the post.
Precious but it's okay. You can call her Dede :D

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Congrats Falcons!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Lets hope they get more support from the federation.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mistake by Mali goalkeeper

South Africa now leading 2-0.

The final should be interesting.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote:We win.
Damn! It certainly was a tough one. I didn't watch the game, but I am glad we won. Congrats to us all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Well done ladies.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thunder wrote:Chief Gotti, the NFF cannot sustain this ill-preparation for ever. If any of their officials watched Ghana & Cameroon before their exits from the ongoing U17 Womens World Cup, they can see for themselves that, Nigeria's dominance of women soccer in Africa is under a very serious threat. Both teams played admirably, and were both robbed by the officials.
Cameroon knocked us out on away goals rule (first time a Nigerian female team at any level failed to qualify for any female world cup), after the Fire Brigade NFF appointed a coach barely a month to the qualifiers with the task of scouting, assembling and preparing a team.

For this AWCON, while the Falcons were hurriedly assembled a couple of weeks to the tournament, after having gone TWO YEARS without a friendly other than the French-organized shellacking in Paris, South Africa, Cameroon and Ghana were preparing, touring and playing friendlies for most of the year!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thunder wrote:Chief Gotti, the NFF cannot sustain this ill-preparation for ever. If any of their officials watched Ghana & Cameroon before their exits from the ongoing U17 Womens World Cup, they can see for themselves that, Nigeria's dominance of women soccer in Africa is under a very serious threat. Both teams played admirably, and were both robbed by the officials.
Suspect the same to happen to us next year in France.... :oops:

The penalty awarded against Ghana in the Mexican game was merely the last in a rather long list of dubious calls and shady officiating in the games involving African teams. For next year's WWC, once the groups are decided, fully expect to hear the coaches of the other teams in our group start repeating often and aloud how "physical" the game against Nigeria would be.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Robbynice wrote:
I wonder o...
Aren't you an Admin?
You can edit the title of the thread and the scores.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Congrats to the Falcons. Very proud of them.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cellular wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
I wonder o...
Aren't you an Admin?
You can edit the title of the thread and the scores.
Baba na me open game thread? We need to start letting people know that if they are not going to be around to update game thread then do not open the game thread.

camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Congratulations Nigeria.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
Suspect the same to happen to us next year in France.... :oops:

The penalty awarded against Ghana in the Mexican game was merely the last in a rather long list of dubious calls and shady officiating in the games involving African teams. For next year's WWC, once the groups are decided, fully expect to hear the coaches of the other teams in our group start repeating often and aloud how "physical" the game against Nigeria would be.
Except Nigeria is no new-comer in these tourneys hence always enjoys a level of 'playing field' different from what Cameroon or Ghana would. Some of these Refs already know some of the falcons who play in US and Europe. its unfortunate for that to be a factor in officiating but unconscious intentionality is very real.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."