Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28693
Emmanuel Bonaventure, seemingly forgotten on CE, is starting today for Brugge away against Dortmund in the UEFA Champions' League. Game is currently tied 0-0 at HT.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28693
Unfortunately, it's been like an attack-vs-defence training drill, with Dortmund almost entirely camped in the Brugge half. Thus, little has been seen of Emmanuel other than falling back to help park the bus.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Last edited by Gotti on Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28693
Bonaventure was subbed off in the 76th minute...
As Brugge managed to hold on to the 0-0 draw scoreline.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15849
He plays in the lowly champions league not for a fancy club like Qpr or Rotheram in the glamorous nation of the queen. If the boy was at Dagenham or Thames on thistle He'll surely be SE material. A Belgian CL team is just not good enough for the experts on CE to consider him.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 5048
Location: Ajegunle
He has a lot of developing to do.

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 7050
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He plays in the lowly champions league not for a fancy club like Qpr or Rotheram in the glamorous nation of the queen. If the boy was at Dagenham or Thames on thistle He'll surely be SE material. A Belgian CL team is just not good enough for the experts on CE to consider him.


You insulted me as recently as last week when I called for him to be invited against Seychelles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:42 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 37395
Location: UK
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He plays in the lowly champions league not for a fancy club like Qpr or Rotheram in the glamorous nation of the queen. If the boy was at Dagenham or Thames on thistle He'll surely be SE material. A Belgian CL team is just not good enough for the experts on CE to consider him.
If that was all it requires then we can populate 4 SE teams with Englanders.
Do you know how many Nigerians play in the English professional leagues?

Eze is special, not because he plays for QPR, but because he is special.
If you are quite happy to let go of a 20-year-old showing exceptional promise, so be it.
But don't downplay what the kid has to offer.

It could just be another Alaba mistake

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 28928
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He plays in the lowly champions league not for a fancy club like Qpr or Rotheram in the glamorous nation of the queen. If the boy was at Dagenham or Thames on thistle He'll surely be SE material. A Belgian CL team is just not good enough for the experts on CE to consider him.
If that was all it requires then we can populate 4 SE teams with Englanders.
Do you know how many Nigerians play in the English professional leagues?

Eze is special, not because he plays for QPR, but because he is special.
If you are quite happy to let go of a 20-year-old showing exceptional promise, so be it.
But don't downplay what the kid has to offer.

It could just be another Alaba mistake

You know Kongi talks with his gbegiri saliva and his ewedu colored teeth :tic: But he's hawa own Kongi. We love him anyway :sneaky:

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 8694
Location: loughborough.
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He plays in the lowly champions league not for a fancy club like Qpr or Rotheram in the glamorous nation of the queen. If the boy was at Dagenham or Thames on thistle He'll surely be SE material. A Belgian CL team is just not good enough for the experts on CE to consider him.
If that was all it requires then we can populate 4 SE teams with Englanders.
Do you know how many Nigerians play in the English professional leagues?

Eze is special, not because he plays for QPR, but because he is special.
If you are quite happy to let go of a 20-year-old showing exceptional promise, so be it.
But don't downplay what the kid has to offer.

It could just be another Alaba mistake

Not this argument again....

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 8694
Location: loughborough.
pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He plays in the lowly champions league not for a fancy club like Qpr or Rotheram in the glamorous nation of the queen. If the boy was at Dagenham or Thames on thistle He'll surely be SE material. A Belgian CL team is just not good enough for the experts on CE to consider him.
If that was all it requires then we can populate 4 SE teams with Englanders.
Do you know how many Nigerians play in the English professional leagues?

Eze is special, not because he plays for QPR, but because he is special.
If you are quite happy to let go of a 20-year-old showing exceptional promise, so be it.
But don't downplay what the kid has to offer.

It could just be another Alaba mistake

You know Kongi talks with his gbegiri saliva and his ewedu colored teeth :tic: But he's hawa own Kongi. We love him anyway :sneaky:

Kongi is saying the truth.... If Emmanuel was in 2nd division English or German club, the mantra will be cap him...

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:17 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 37395
Location: UK
fabio wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He plays in the lowly champions league not for a fancy club like Qpr or Rotheram in the glamorous nation of the queen. If the boy was at Dagenham or Thames on thistle He'll surely be SE material. A Belgian CL team is just not good enough for the experts on CE to consider him.
If that was all it requires then we can populate 4 SE teams with Englanders.
Do you know how many Nigerians play in the English professional leagues?

Eze is special, not because he plays for QPR, but because he is special.
If you are quite happy to let go of a 20-year-old showing exceptional promise, so be it.
But don't downplay what the kid has to offer.

It could just be another Alaba mistake

You know Kongi talks with his gbegiri saliva and his ewedu colored teeth :tic: But he's hawa own Kongi. We love him anyway :sneaky:

Kongi is saying the truth.... If Emmanuel was in 2nd division English or German club, the mantra will be cap him...
So tell us, why is there no clamour for the following:

Aluko (Reading), Okenabirhie (Shrewsbury Town), Ajose (Charlton Athletic), Akpan (Bradford City); Adeboyejo (Barnsley), Adarabioyo (WBA)?

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:24 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 37395
Location: UK
fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He plays in the lowly champions league not for a fancy club like Qpr or Rotheram in the glamorous nation of the queen. If the boy was at Dagenham or Thames on thistle He'll surely be SE material. A Belgian CL team is just not good enough for the experts on CE to consider him.
If that was all it requires then we can populate 4 SE teams with Englanders.
Do you know how many Nigerians play in the English professional leagues?

Eze is special, not because he plays for QPR, but because he is special.
If you are quite happy to let go of a 20-year-old showing exceptional promise, so be it.
But don't downplay what the kid has to offer.

It could just be another Alaba mistake

Not this argument again....
Of course not.
It only ever happens once and can never happen again. It is exceedingly rare, even to a people renowned for never learning from their mistakes.
So we shouldn't be mentioning The Alaba Situation. :roll:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 8694
Location: loughborough.
Damunk wrote:
So tell us, why is there no clamour for the following:

Aluko (Reading), Okenabirhie (Shrewsbury Town), Ajose (Charlton Athletic), Akpan (Bradford City); Adeboyejo (Barnsley), Adarabioyo (WBA)?

I believe you know the championship is the 2nd division.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 37395
Location: UK
fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
So tell us, why is there no clamour for the following:

Aluko (Reading), Okenabirhie (Shrewsbury Town), Ajose (Charlton Athletic), Akpan (Bradford City); Adeboyejo (Barnsley), Adarabioyo (WBA)?

I believe you know the championship is the 2nd division.
I believe you don't know you are wrong and that The Championship is the First Division.

Fabio, why you dey like my punishment like this?
And I like you o, but you leave me no choice! :oops:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 13121
Location: South London
Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
So tell us, why is there no clamour for the following:

Aluko (Reading), Okenabirhie (Shrewsbury Town), Ajose (Charlton Athletic), Akpan (Bradford City); Adeboyejo (Barnsley), Adarabioyo (WBA)?

I believe you know the championship is the 2nd division.
I believe you don't know you are wrong and that The Championship is the First Division.

Fabio, why you dey like my punishment like this?
And I like you o, but you leave me no choice! :oops:

Premiere League is the top division followed by the Championship (2nd).

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 37395
Location: UK
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
So tell us, why is there no clamour for the following:

Aluko (Reading), Okenabirhie (Shrewsbury Town), Ajose (Charlton Athletic), Akpan (Bradford City); Adeboyejo (Barnsley), Adarabioyo (WBA)?

I believe you know the championship is the 2nd division.
I believe you don't know you are wrong and that The Championship is the First Division.

Fabio, why you dey like my punishment like this?
And I like you o, but you leave me no choice! :oops:

Premiere League is the top division followed by the Championship (2nd).
Yes, but you have to stick with one nomenclature.
You can't be talking about The Premiership and The Championship and the "second division" in the same breath.
Either you make it clear you are talking older classifications or youre using the current one.
In 2018, if you refer to the 'second division' you are NOT referring to the championship. In fact League Two isnt even the Championship. It is the fourth tier.

We don't call our NT the Green Eagles because they wear green.
I know fabio was saying The Championship is the second tier, but he was being sloppy by calling it "second division.'

The Championship was last called that maybe 20 years ago. Since then it has even been named 'first division' until renamed yet again
Confusing but it is what it is..

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 8694
Location: loughborough.
Damunk wrote:
Yes, but you have to stick with one nomenclature.
You can't be talking about The Premiership and The Championship and the "second division" in the same breath.
Either you make it clear you are talking older classifications or youre using the current one.
In 2018, if you refer to the 'second division' you are NOT referring to the championship. In fact League Two isnt even the Championship. It is the fourth tier.

We don't call our NT the Green Eagles because they wear green.
I know fabio was saying The Championship is the second tier, but he was being sloppy by calling it "second division.'

The Championship was last called that maybe 20 years ago. Since then it has even been named 'first division' until renamed yet again
Confusing but it is what it is..

It's not too late to be a lawyer :D

Tier and division, no problem. Na 2nd sha :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 13121
Location: South London
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
So tell us, why is there no clamour for the following:

Aluko (Reading), Okenabirhie (Shrewsbury Town), Ajose (Charlton Athletic), Akpan (Bradford City); Adeboyejo (Barnsley), Adarabioyo (WBA)?

I believe you know the championship is the 2nd division.
I believe you don't know you are wrong and that The Championship is the First Division.

Fabio, why you dey like my punishment like this?
And I like you o, but you leave me no choice! :oops:

Premiere League is the top division followed by the Championship (2nd).
Yes, but you have to stick with one nomenclature.
You can't be talking about The Premiership and The Championship and the "second division" in the same breath.
Either you make it clear you are talking older classifications or youre using the current one.
In 2018, if you refer to the 'second division' you are NOT referring to the championship. In fact League Two isnt even the Championship. It is the fourth tier.

We don't call our NT the Green Eagles because they wear green.
I know fabio was saying The Championship is the second tier, but he was being sloppy by calling it "second division.'

The Championship was last called that maybe 20 years ago. Since then it has even been named 'first division' until renamed yet again
Confusing but it is what it is..

Ok

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28693
Damunk wrote:
So tell us, why is there no clamour for the following:

Aluko (Reading), Okenabirhie (Shrewsbury Town), Ajose (Charlton Athletic), Akpan (Bradford City); Adeboyejo (Barnsley), Adarabioyo (WBA)?

But those two have already played for the SE (following "clamour")...
While there has been "clamour" for Adarabioyo (check CE archives) and even this year for Aluko.

Personally, I am for ALL eligible Nigerians to be granted earnest SE consideration, if deserving (which could depend on any number of factors ranging from form, SE needs, potential, etc.), but I can also understand and appreciate the apparent frustrations of many other CEs under the circumstances.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], mystic, Nkume and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group