AFCON 2019: CAF strips Cameroon

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF strips Cameroon

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Rawlings wrote:Why not move it to Europe or US?
Africa is a big joke .....

I suggest US - we can use the college stadiums :tic::
  • Group A: New York (Ghana, ...)
    Group B: Philly (Egypt....)
    Group C: Chicago (Morocco...)
    Group D: New Jersey (Tunisia ....)
    Group E: Houston (Naija,.....)
    Group F: LA(Cameroon ....)
or Europe
  • Group A: Hamburg ( .... ...)
    Group B: Brussels (Egypt....)
    Group C: Madrid (Morocco...
    Group D: Marseille (Tunisia, Algeria, Mali, Guinea ....)
    Group E: London (Naija, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Uganda)
    Group F: Paris (Cameroon, Senegal, Madagascar, Togo)
Must you be an ID10T all your life? Can't you just take a week off? msshhhheewwww :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Bloody plantainians. Can't even grow grass talk less of infrastructure. Who next?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Nigeria should help them....
So will CAF suspend them?

who are them? correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought you were from Cam...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I hope it is Morocco. I already planned to go to Cameroon but Morocco will be easier.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If Nigerian can't host it. Will like to see Ethiopia get the hosting rights.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Odas wrote:
Thelastoneleft wrote:CAF has just stripped Cameroon of the AFCON 2019 hosting rights, citing lack of infrastructure and security risks. One month window for countries wishing to host the tournament to submit their bids to CAF.

https://www.nation.co.ke/sports/footbal ... index.html
REPORTS: Cameroon stripped of Afcon hosting rights
Reports indicate that Cameroon have been stripped of the rights to host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon).

The hosting of the Afcon was part of the agenda in the Confederation of African Football (Caf) Extraordinary Executive Committee meeting held in Accra, Ghana on Friday.

Two reports that were central to the final decision regarding Cameroon were to be tabled namely; report of inspection visits of the security committee from October 27 to November 1 as well as a report of the inspection visit from November 11-15.

In October, Caf President Ahmad Ahmad visited Yaounde for a meeting with Cameroon President Paul Biya just days after Caf deferred the final decision on the hosting of next year's Afcon.

At that time, a report by the last inspection team to Cameroon revealed “a significant delay as far as the delivery of infrastructure is concerned.”

Cameroon's hosting of African football's showpiece event has been in jeopardy for months since the decision to increase the tournament from 16 to 24 teams.
Wow! Shame on President Paul Biya and his cohorts. They must be all thieves there (in Cameroon)
shame on the people of Cameroon for given Biya that is walking with supports another chance to rule them. Somebody that was being held on his back for support whose children are far older than the President of France... I hope Nigeria will not make same mistake with Jubrin, oh sorry I mean PMB.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Initially, I felt CAF was intent on taking the rights from Cameroon as revenge for CAF decisions on hosting rights of some countries in East and Southern Africa. However, I really have no problems with this decision given the crisis that is ongoing in the country. Let's now see if Cameroon will react by withdrawing its team from the AFCON 2019. Hope they do not pull that trigger.
It is why I believe they waited till now. They gave Cameroon every chance. It is the right call.
Indeed.

Infrastructure in Cameroon nonexistent, CAF has no desire for another Equatorial Guinea like fiasco.

First 24 nation AFCON, CAF determined to make it work without any issues.

Morocco or South Africa can host a 24 nation AFCON at a moments notice.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:If Nigerian can't host it. Will like to see Ethiopia get the hosting rights.
they dont have the stadia
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

It would be really sad if AFCON is moved to Morocco given how they pulled out of hosting AFCON a few years ago on unfounded Ebola concerns.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

So, you are not part of Cameroon?
bamenda boy wrote:Great job CAF. Now is time for them to address their domestic issues.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

IMHO, CAF setup Cameroon to fail by shifting the goal posts from 16 participants to 24. Cameroon should have protested and cut a deal with maybe Gabon or E. Guinea to host some games.
Those two should now have some know how and their stadia are rusting away from under use.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria and Ghana should launch a joint bid. Opportunity to fix the stadiums in Abuja and Lagos.

The teslim Balogun stadium is getting natural grass.

Abuja stadium is getting fixed for the National games.

Akwa Ibom, Asaba stadium, Port Harcourt stadiums are ready to go.
The war in Cameroon is the reason why their hosting right was cancelled, so why do you think CAF will host same competition in war torn zoogeria? And you systematically left out northern zoogeria's stadiums. :lol: :lol:
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

pajimoh wrote:
bepanda wrote:Only people who don't know Cameroon are surprised.
After 50 years in the most powerful positions, Biya has turned Cameroon into a massive S*&^ hole.
Biya has probably spent twice as many days living abroad than in Cameroon. What does that tell you about a country, when the President doesn't even live there?

Here is a typical example:
The Cup of Cameroon (similar to the FA Cup), which is held every year (December) has never had a fixed date known in advance. Because Biya is the one to decides on the date and he does so ... 2 days before.
It happens every year. Nobody knows the data of anything until Biya decides.
Biya believes the whole world functions like that. And his supporters always try to justify it.
He recently "won re-election" of the presidency with 70+ % of the votes. Of course everyone knows that it is a lie. But, what can people do? NOTHING.
People can always do something. If they are not ready to die then they are not ready to live.
Just shut up, you hypocrite. Is your zoo any better than Cameroon? Yet you haven't die for your zoo.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bouncer wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
bepanda wrote:Only people who don't know Cameroon are surprised.
After 50 years in the most powerful positions, Biya has turned Cameroon into a massive S*&^ hole.
Biya has probably spent twice as many days living abroad than in Cameroon. What does that tell you about a country, when the President doesn't even live there?

Here is a typical example:
The Cup of Cameroon (similar to the FA Cup), which is held every year (December) has never had a fixed date known in advance. Because Biya is the one to decides on the date and he does so ... 2 days before.
It happens every year. Nobody knows the data of anything until Biya decides.
Biya believes the whole world functions like that. And his supporters always try to justify it.
He recently "won re-election" of the presidency with 70+ % of the votes. Of course everyone knows that it is a lie. But, what can people do? NOTHING.
People can always do something. If they are not ready to die then they are not ready to live.
Just shut up, you hypocrite. Is your zoo any better than Cameroon? Yet you haven't die for your zoo.
This cvnt forgot to take his meds. I believe your ancestors were also inmates at this zoo. You should not be too quick to call a country your ancestors were born, grew up and contributed to, a zoo for your own political gains.
Run along, I don't have time for hour f00l15hn33s
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Vindave wrote:
Odas wrote:
Thelastoneleft wrote:CAF has just stripped Cameroon of the AFCON 2019 hosting rights, citing lack of infrastructure and security risks. One month window for countries wishing to host the tournament to submit their bids to CAF.

https://www.nation.co.ke/sports/footbal ... index.html
REPORTS: Cameroon stripped of Afcon hosting rights
Reports indicate that Cameroon have been stripped of the rights to host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon).

The hosting of the Afcon was part of the agenda in the Confederation of African Football (Caf) Extraordinary Executive Committee meeting held in Accra, Ghana on Friday.

Two reports that were central to the final decision regarding Cameroon were to be tabled namely; report of inspection visits of the security committee from October 27 to November 1 as well as a report of the inspection visit from November 11-15.

In October, Caf President Ahmad Ahmad visited Yaounde for a meeting with Cameroon President Paul Biya just days after Caf deferred the final decision on the hosting of next year's Afcon.

At that time, a report by the last inspection team to Cameroon revealed “a significant delay as far as the delivery of infrastructure is concerned.”

Cameroon's hosting of African football's showpiece event has been in jeopardy for months since the decision to increase the tournament from 16 to 24 teams.
Wow! Shame on President Paul Biya and his cohorts. They must be all thieves there (in Cameroon)
shame on the people of Cameroon for given Biya that is walking with supports another chance to rule them. Somebody that was being held on his back for support whose children are far older than the President of France... I hope Nigeria will not make same mistake with Jubrin, oh sorry I mean PMB.
My brother, just two words to explain why: bread and sardine. That´s the charm that´s most effective for the Camerounese people. And to be honest, with Paul Biya, they get exactly what they deserve.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Bouncer wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria and Ghana should launch a joint bid. Opportunity to fix the stadiums in Abuja and Lagos.

The war in Cameroon is the reason why their hosting right was cancelled, so why do you think CAF will host same competition in war torn zoogeria? And you systematically left out northern zoogeria's stadiums. :lol: :lol:
Exactly! The war is the main reason for the CAF decision. All mention about infrastructure is just secondary.

- Since January 2018, our tweeter squad has been working relentlessly bombarding @CAFonline, @TOTAL and @AFCON2019 with pictures of the on going genocide, especially in cities and areas that were planned to host games and teams. We were made up of a squad of about 80 tweeter warriors, each with a duty to send at least two tweets per day reminding them of #CABINDA2010 and warning that worse will happen if they insisted to collaborate with La Republique du Cameroun on hosting that tournament on our land.

- Two months ago, our interim government (the Ambazonia government in exile) wrote a powerful letter to CAF (CAF acknowledged receipt in a registered letter) petitioning the hosting of the games on Ambazonia soil, highlighting the war and that players, fans and officials will not be guaranteed security should CAF and La Republique insisted on hosting in Ambazonia.

- A few weeks later, CAF president Ahmad Ahmad made an emergency visit to Paul Biya during the heat of the election campaigns. This meeting was so important that Mr. Biya had to cancel campaign stops. During that meeting, Ahmad Ahmad suggested to Mr. Biya that all games and host centres in Ambazonia be moved to La Republique du Cameroun for security and safety reasons. As arrogant as always, Mr. Biya refused and insisted that the La Republique military was in complete control and that there was calm.

- The final straw came after our people completely boycotted the La Republique du Cameroun organized presidential elections in our territory heeding to the ban of the elections imposed by our interim government (turn out in Ambazonia was less than 5 %). This happened even though Mr. Biya had mouthed off to the national and international community in a futile show of force that election would take place hitch-free on our land. After the elections boycott, our interim government wrote again to CAF pointing at the elections boycott as the fate that CAF should expect for AFCON 2019 in our land.

- On October 15th, American Congressman Dana Rohrabacher also wrote directly to Infantino of FIFA to urge CAF to strip Cameroon of hosting rights, citing the war and security concerns.

- After further consultations with the Biya government, CAF and Biya agreed that CAF should make a visit to Ambazonia to assess the security situation. That delegation was led by Amaju Pinnick. An insider in the Biya government tipped us on the planned CAF visit (date and itinerary). Immediately, we mobilized our fighters to station along the Mutengene - Victoria stretch of road at the time that the CAF delegation was on its way to Victoria. The Pinnick team was led and guarded by a military convoy armed to the teeth. However, that didnt scare our boys. There was heavy exchange of gun shots between our fighters and the convoy just after the Ombe bridge that lasted a few hours. Even though no one was hurt, the message was clear and that was the last stroke on Cameroon´s dream of AFCON 2019.

- With this decision, CAF has acted very responsibly.
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

La Republique du Cameroun can cry me a river.
They were killing Ambazonians in cities to host other teams not thinking security will be a concern?
Amba Boys fought back and made life difficult.
CAF would have made a big mistake to bring AFCON to La Republique.
Absolutely right call.
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Kabalega wrote:IMHO, CAF setup Cameroon to fail by shifting the goal posts from 16 participants to 24. Cameroon should have protested and cut a deal with maybe Gabon or E. Guinea to host some games.
Those two should now have some know how and their stadia are rusting away from under use.
Nope! If you go by the original contractual agreement of 16 teams, the tournament was to be held in January, not June. We are now in December and not a single stadium is ready. By the way, the main reason why Cameroon was disqualified is SECURITY not infrastructure.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Thelastoneleft wrote:
Bouncer wrote:

Exactly! The war is the main reason for the CAF decision. All mention about infrastructure is just secondary.

- Since January 2018, our tweeter squad has been working relentlessly bombarding @CAFonline, @TOTAL and @AFCON2019 with pictures of the on going genocide, especially in cities and areas that were planned to host games and teams. We were made up of a squad of about 80 tweeter warriors, each with a duty to send at least two tweets per day reminding them of #CABINDA2010 and warning that worse will happen if they insisted to collaborate with La Republique du Cameroun on hosting that tournament on our land.

- Two months ago, our interim government (the Ambazonia government in exile) wrote a powerful letter to CAF (CAF acknowledged receipt in a registered letter) petitioning the hosting of the games on Ambazonia soil, highlighting the war and that players, fans and officials will not be guaranteed security should CAF and La Republique insisted on hosting in Ambazonia.

- A few weeks later, CAF president Ahmad Ahmad made an emergency visit to Paul Biya during the heat of the election campaigns. This meeting was so important that Mr. Biya had to cancel campaign stops. During that meeting, Ahmad Ahmad suggested to Mr. Biya that all games and host centres in Ambazonia be moved to La Republique du Cameroun for security and safety reasons. As arrogant as always, Mr. Biya refused and insisted that the La Republique military was in complete control and that there was calm.

- The final straw came after our people completely boycotted the La Republique du Cameroun organized presidential elections in our territory heeding to the ban of the elections imposed by our interim government (turn out in Ambazonia was less than 5 %). This happened even though Mr. Biya had mouthed off to the national and international community in a futile show of force that election would take place hitch-free on our land. After the elections boycott, our interim government wrote again to CAF pointing at the elections boycott as the fate that CAF should expect for AFCON 2019 in our land.

- On October 15th, American Congressman Dana Rohrabacher also wrote directly to Infantino of FIFA to urge CAF to strip Cameroon of hosting rights, citing the war and security concerns.

- After further consultations with the Biya government, CAF and Biya agreed that CAF should make a visit to Ambazonia to assess the security situation. That delegation was led by Amaju Pinnick. An insider in the Biya government tipped us on the planned CAF visit (date and itinerary). Immediately, we mobilized our fighters to station along the Mutengene - Victoria stretch of road at the time that the CAF delegation was on its way to Victoria. The Pinnick team was led and guarded by a military convoy armed to the teeth. However, that didnt scare our boys. There was heavy exchange of gun shots between our fighters and the convoy just after the Ombe bridge that lasted a few hours. Even though no one was hurt, the message was clear and that was the last stroke on Cameroon´s dream of AFCON 2019.

The CAF President Ahmad Ahmad has given his first public interview since the CAF decision:

[/video]

For those who do not understand French, just fast forward to 6:40 minutes. Ahmad Ahmad said it there clean and clear that SECURITY and the need to avoid a repeat of CABINDA 2010 was the deciding factor for CAF´s final decision on Cameroon.

Let me add some explanations to my previous post.

During the meeting with Biya in Yaoundé in early October, Ahmad Ahmad made it very clear to Biya that CAF would not play games or allow teams to be hosted in Ambazonia. They made an offer to Biya that Cameroon could use only Yaoundé and Douala to host the games and co-host with any of it´s neighbors (Nigeria, Eq. Guinea and Gabon were cited). Biya refused the offer categorically because to him, that would be proof to the world that he has no control over Ambazonia. He insisted that games must be held in Ambazonia.

Coming out of that meeting, when Ahmad was asked if Cameroon would stay as host of AFCON 2019, his response was: "It depends on Cameroon if they want to host. We have told them clearly what to do and they know what to do to host the tournament".

Our insiders in Biya´s government have tipped us of Cameroon´s next move. Cameroon is planning now to fake a cease fire in the war and make a fast re-application to be re-considered. That is why the first thing Biya did after the CAF announcement was to create a so-called National Committee for "Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration". The said aim of the committee will be to encourage our fighters to drop their arms. Biya knows very well that we will never drop our arms but he is too arrogant to face up to that fact. So what he actually plans to do though, is to gather some fake fighters to fake a surrender so that he will show to the whole world that the crisis has been resolved and lure CAF to re-consider them for AFCON 2019. However, CAF is well aware of their scheme that is why Ahmad mentioned in the above video that Cameroon should not even bother to re-apply because they will not be considered.
nianiote
Egg
Egg

Post by nianiote »

Thelastoneleft wrote:
Thelastoneleft wrote:
Bouncer wrote:

The CAF President Ahmad Ahmad has given his first public interview since the CAF decision:

[/video]

For those who do not understand French, just fast forward to 6:40 minutes. Ahmad Ahmad said it there clean and clear that SECURITY and the need to avoid a repeat of CABINDA 2010 was the deciding factor for CAF´s final decision on Cameroon.

During the meeting with Biya in Yaoundé in early October, Ahmad Ahmad made it very clear to Biya that CAF would not play games or allow teams to be hosted in Ambazonia. They made an offer to Biya that Cameroon could use only Yaoundé and Douala to host the games and co-host with any of it´s neighbors (Nigeria, Eq. Guinea and Gabon were cited). Biya refused the offer categorically because to him, that would be proof to the world that he has no control over Ambazonia. He insisted that games must be held in Ambazonia.

Coming out of that meeting, when Ahmad was asked if Cameroon would stay as host of AFCON 2019, his response was: "It depends on Cameroon if they want to host. We have told them clearly what to do and they know what to do to host the tournament".

Our insiders in Biya´s government have tipped us of Cameroon´s next move. Cameroon is planning now to fake a cease fire in the war and make a fast re-application to be re-considered. That is why the first thing Biya did after the CAF announcement was to create a so-called National Committee for "Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration". The said aim of the committee will be to encourage our fighters to drop their arms. Biya knows very well that we will never drop our arms but he is too arrogant to face up to that fact. So what he actually plans to do though, is to gather some fake fighters to fake a surrender so that he will show to the whole world that the crisis has been resolved and lure CAF to re-consider them for AFCON 2019. However, CAF is well aware of their scheme that is why Ahmad mentioned in the above video that Cameroon should not even bother to re-apply because they will not be considered.
In that same interview, Ahmad says that CAF Excecutive Comitee has awarded AFCON 2021 to Cameroon and AFCON 2023 to Ivory Coast.
But Cameroon has not responded to this yet, and Ivory Coast's Sports Minister says they are preparing for 2021 as already agreed with CAF.
Real politics at work here.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

nianiote wrote:
Thelastoneleft wrote:
Thelastoneleft wrote:
Bouncer wrote:

[/video]

In that same interview, Ahmad says that CAF Excecutive Comitee has awarded AFCON 2021 to Cameroon and AFCON 2023 to Ivory Coast.
But Cameroon has not responded to this yet, and Ivory Coast's Sports Minister says they are preparing for 2021 as already agreed with CAF.
Real politics at work here.
Exactly! And even the 2021 "coolaid" that has been offered to Cameroon is on condition that, as Ahmad Ahmad puts it "Cameroon knows what to do if they wish to host the ANC".

That is why Biya immediately started with his camouflage disarmament program, so that Cameroon can at least stand a chance for 2021. He stands no chance though or can only happen after we sit down with the Cameroun republic to negotiate the terms of our separation, as we are resolved on bleeding Cameroon till separation.

Cote d'ivoire will have the final say for 2021 though.