forget this match, what can should we do diff. next game?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
forget this match, what can should we do diff. next game?

Post by maceo4 »

B4 i start, I'd like to say a quick "#$%$ u" to CCC for his useless tactics...

Firstly, for the next match we need to get it into CCC's head that we need to have a solid midfield to be able to beat any team in this tournament. Olofinjana was just over-run as the sole DM and this was our main problem. We need to bring in Ekwueme or Ekong to partner Seyi.

Secondly, we need to drop Yeyegbeni and play Utaka centraly!!!! Playing this guy wide is wasting his talents, the one time Utaka got down the center forwards area, he had good understanding with Jag and even got a very good shot on goal which the goalie saved. Yak playing centrally all game did not get ONE shot on target.

Third, Kanu must be shot, hung, or sent to the bench, whichever one will do. A midfielder he is not!!!! CCC are u listening????

BTW: Okoronkwo was getting used like crazy out there, I see why wolves have not been using him!!!!! But we on the other hand have no choice since Ribo is out :cry:

My formation:

************Enyeama
*********Yobo*********Okoronkwo
Abbey*********************************Baba

*******Olofinjana******Ekwueme

**ikedia********Okocha

*********Aghahowa****Utaka

#$%$ CCC!!!!!!!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Firstly, drop Kanu; bring in another DF - I assume the only person we have is Ekong (or Lawal); move Cele up and put Udeze behind;

As bad as Okoronkwo was, I shudder to think of what other options we have - Romanu Orjinta?

Move Okocha up and keep Utaka on the right.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Drop Kanu and Aiyegbeni....Playing Aiyegbeni, Kanu, Okocha, Utaka & Kanu in a single lineup ....Lord Have mercy....Even Abbey was pushing forward all the time.

It is all about the midfield and Nigerian had none. He needs to sorth this out. Bring in Ekwueme for one.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Chief Bambostic
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Bambostic »

I think we were all disappointed with the line-up that was fielded today. Unfortunately Chukwu has been exposed as tactically inept by fielding 4 strikers and 1 attacking midfielder in what can only be described as a 4-2-4, 4-1-1-4 or even 505 formation which has no place in modern football.

It was a real masterstoke of stupidity to start with strikers on the wing, especially Yakubu on the left. And many forumers had alluded to the fact that Chukwu wouldn't have the balls to bench Kanu and this proved to be true. This match showed that good tactics win football matches, not big names.

Okoronkwo was a weak link in defence. Again a big name has prevailed over the sensibility of playing a match fit player - Enakakire (sp)

Based on this game, this is the line-up I'd like to see against South Africa:

Enyeama
Abbey, Yobo, Enakakire (sp), Babayaro,
Ikedia, Okocha, Olofinjana, Udeze/Ekwueme
Aghahowa, Utaka

If we can get in better crosses to the front two, then we should be able to create more chances

But the biggest tactical error is playing Okocha deep!!! That removes the effectiveness he has - the dude needs the freedom to attack as in Bolton where only one usually plays ahead of him. Sadly when you play 4 attackers, Okocha has no choice but to sit deep and play the Oliseh role spraying the ball out to attackers, when frankly Olofinjana should be doing this.

This is why we also need 2 defensive midfielders so that Okocha's skill is not wasted trying to track back. Another possible formation is 4-4-1-1
Enyeama
Abbey, Yobo, Enakakire (sp), Babayaro,
Ikedia, Lawal, Olofinjana, Utaka
Okocha
Aghahowa

Good luck Naija. I will have to watch SA vs Benin to see what we're up against...
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

Since chukwu will insist on 4-4-2 anyway, here goes:
Today, our best midfielder was Babayaro. which is shocking when u think he was playing at left full back. But he had zero protection from aiyegbini who never tracked back , and only put in about 6 tackles the whole match! As a result babayaro had to push up to midfield and did a very good job. This of course left the defence skewed, but relieved some of the pressure on the back line in the 2nd half.

A simple way to bring balance to our team is to play Babayaro on the left wing; he can tackle, he can pass , he can cross. Udeze should be back from suspension in the next game. Let him handle the left back position. Give okocha the roaming role he wants and drop kanu and let garba lawal/ifeanyi ekwueme support olofinjana in midfield. I would prefer lawal as his experience will balance olofinjana's lack of nations cup experience. Push Utaka from the right wing to support JAG up front and let okocha do the job from the right wing with abbey coming up to block the gap when he roams.
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

I think Morocco was as bad as it will get until the next round. Morocco is more organized than South Africa and Benin and has the talent.

Now Nigeria has to SERIOUSLY start training and playing and lose the primadonna-ism. First they need to:

1. Shore up the defensive midfield
2. Tighten up the man-marking at back
3. Force wings to either defend or foul.

Second, they need to get a system of attack going that produces.

1. Put Utaka in the attack.
2. Move Ikedia out wide.
3. Drop Kanu to the bench
4. Put Lawal on the left.

My formation:

-------------------------------------- Enyeama --------------------------------------

-------------------Yobo --------- Okoronkwo --------- Babayaro ----------------

------------------------- Olofinjana ------------ Udeze ----------------------------

------ Ikedia ---------------------- Okocha ---------------------- Lawal ----------

-------------------------- Aghahowa ------------ Utaka ---------------------------

subs:

1. Kanu for Okocha
2. Aiyegbeni or Agali for Utaka
3. Osaze for Ikedia
4. Ekong for Udeze
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Kali, I like your formation. The mid field is covered pretty well. I might change lawal for udeze though. I would not want udeze making a harsh tackle close to the box. plus udeze is much faster than lawal and he could cause wahala for the opponents right.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

-------------------------------------- Enyeama ----------------------------------

----------------Yobo --------- Enarkahire ----------------Babayaro

------------------------- Olofinjana ------------ Lawal ----------------------------

------ Abbey ---------------------- Okocha------------------------------Udeze

-------------------------- Aghahowa ------------ Utaka ---------------------------

An even better formation sees Ikedia replacing Utaka(i think utaka is too selfish with the ball , and the few times he does pass, his final ball is too poor for this level of soccer) :

-------------------------------------- Enyeama ----------------------------------

------------------Enarkahire-------------- Yobo------------Baba---------------

------------------------- Olofinjana ------------ Lawal -------------------------

Abbey---------------------------------Okocha---------------------------Udeze

-------------------------- Ikedia---------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------Aghahowa
Last edited by omonoba on Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Simple Drop the obviously Unfit and Useless!

****************************Aghahowa*****************
****************Utaka*********************************
*********************Jay Jay***************************
Ekwueme (Oruma)*****************************Osaze(Kalu)
*******************Olufinjina***************************
Babayaro*************************************Abbey****
**************Orjinta*********Yobo*********************
******************Enyeama****************************

Since CCC is obviously to stubborn to change his 4-4-2 formation. Utaka MUST play as a foward - this guy led Africa in goals for God's sake.
Kanu must be taken out clinically by Orjinta in training - if not CCC will never relegate him to the bench.
had Oruma, Kalu, and Obodo made the squad we would have had true midfielders. But in their absence, Ekwueme or Lawal can man the left with Osaze or Ikedia on the right.
Okoronkwo was used to drink garri all day. I see why he gets no love at wolves. He needs to be dropped. Orjinta is the solution.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

-------------------------------------- Enyeama --------------------------------------

Abbey----------------------Yobo --------- Enarkahire ----------------Udeze

------------------------- Olofinjana ------------ Lawal ----------------------------

------ Ikedia ---------------------- ------------------------------- -------Babayaro

-------------------------- Okocha------------------------------------------------------

Omonoba, really like this formation. looks like a sure winner. brings the best out of JJ & Babayaro.
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

get an effective midfield. the team still has prospects
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Formation is ok, but if we are going to go with it then Agali must be the front man. Jag cannot be the lone striker, he will be overwhelmed, plus JJ's role with Bolton is AM (Djorkaeff plays the role that u have JJ in) and not as withdrawn striker and we have all seen how effectively he has performed in this role
omotori wrote:

Abbey----------------------Yobo --------- Enarkahire ----------------Udeze

------ Ikedia ---------------------- ------------------------------- -------Babayaro

-------------------------- Okocha------------------------------------------------------

Omonoba, really like this formation. looks like a sure winner. brings the best out of JJ & Babayaro.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Benin go beat us!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

thannks omotori ; that is a 4-4-2 version since we know CCC is so fixated on 4-4-2 (even though what he plays eventually boils down to a 4-1-5 :evil: ). I edited my post with a more effect 3-5-2 with abbey and udeze patrolling the wings and helping to provide protection for okocha in midfield. Olofinjana and Lawal are the shield in front of the defence so okocha can roam without worrying too much. JAG plays on the shoulder of the last defender while Okocha and ikedia do their thing pulling defenders all over the place and laying off the final ball for JAG to kill. Abbey and Udeze also provide attacking variation by dragging defenders wide and looking to cross or cut inside the box