AWCON FINAL: NGA 0 vs SA 0 ( PENALTIES 4-3 ) WE'RE D CHAMPS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg
Re: AWCON FINAL: NGA 0 vs SA 0 ( PENALTIES 4-3)WE'RE D CHAMP

Post by Oguleftie »

jette1 wrote:This game was no doubt a quality game. The south Africans provided a well deserved stiff opposition that the falcons have been needing. Im kind of glad they got stretched that hard and for the first time we are actually able to see that these girls can ball. had we scored the penalty oshola missed the game would have been stalled to Nigeria sitting back to defend. This is good for women Foosball in Africa
You do not follow women's football closely.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Oguleftie wrote:
jette1 wrote:This game was no doubt a quality game. The south Africans provided a well deserved stiff opposition that the falcons have been needing. Im kind of glad they got stretched that hard and for the first time we are actually able to see that these girls can ball. had we scored the penalty oshola missed the game would have been stalled to Nigeria sitting back to defend. This is good for women Foosball in Africa
You do not follow women's football closely.
how much close do you need me to follow; i watched almost all their games for last 10 yrs. i got a job too bro
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

congratulations to the Falcons
up Nigeria :thumbs:
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Congratulations to Nigerian Women soccer.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

I hope Pinnick and his cohorts at the NFF won't be under further illusion that they can have shoddy preparation and still go ahead and win any tournament including the upcoming World cup in France.. it is frankly a shame what Gotti described about NFF's lack of preparation for this tournament.
Again, kudos to our ladies and shame on the NFF that did everything to sabotage the girls including hiring a mercenary that turned our female football back into the stone age.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Ekorian wrote:I hope Pinnick and his cohorts at the NFF won't be under further illusion that they can have shoddy preparation and still go ahead and win any tournament including the upcoming World cup in France.. it is frankly a shame what Gotti described about NFF's lack of preparation for this tournament.
Again, kudos to our ladies and shame on the NFF that did everything to sabotage the girls including hiring a mercenary that turned our female football back into the stone age.
Pinnick promised the girls better preparations than the SE were given for Russia 2016...
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
asabatex
Egg
Egg
Re: AWCON FINAL: NGA 0 vs SA 0 ( PENALTIES 4-3 ) WE'RE D CHA

Post by asabatex »

Our Goalie looks delicious... :D
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Ekorian wrote:I hope Pinnick and his cohorts at the NFF won't be under further illusion that they can have shoddy preparation and still go ahead and win any tournament including the upcoming World cup in France.. it is frankly a shame what Gotti described about NFF's lack of preparation for this tournament.
is there going to be any voice of reason or at least a balanced fair assessment on the coaching issue. the coaches have reinforced professionalism and tactical discipline. we are no more giving balls away like it's Christmas. every possession was purposefully directed by the players. and as i mentioned before players selection is going to be untainted with accusation of lesbianism and all sorts of cultural and pseudo superstitious constrains we witnessed with that mama angelina of a coach we had. and how many coach can boast of winning afcon their first attempt especially if this is their first time working in this region
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

jette1 wrote:
is there going to be any voice of reason or at least a balanced fair assessment on the coaching issue. the coaches have reinforced professionalism and tactical discipline. we are no more giving balls away like it's Christmas. every possession was purposefully directed by the players. and as i mentioned before players selection is going to be untainted with accusation of lesbianism and all sorts of cultural and pseudo superstitious constrains we witnessed with that mama angelina of a coach we had. and how many coach can boast of winning afcon their first attempt especially if this is their first time working in this region
You must be on heavy dose of Tramadol and Somalian Khat if what you saw in this tournament by the Falcons is tactical discipline.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AWCON FINAL: NGA 0 vs SA 0 ( PENALTIES)WE'RE D CHAMPS!

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Vindave wrote:Once again congrats girls. . 9 times champion

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap:
11 times Champions!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

11 times Champions!
We've only won it 9 times out of 11
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

The defence are the unsung heroes...

Onome Ebi, take a bow...a toss-up between Ebi & keeper Oluehi for best Nigerian player of the tournament...

The keeper actually won Nigeria the tournament...

Won't rate the coach yet given the disgraceful preparations by the NFF...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:is there going to be any voice of reason or at least a balanced fair assessment on the coaching issue. the coaches have reinforced professionalism and tactical discipline. we are no more giving balls away like it's Christmas. every possession was purposefully directed by the players. and as i mentioned before players selection is going to be untainted with accusation of lesbianism and all sorts of cultural and pseudo superstitious constrains we witnessed with that mama angelina of a coach we had. and how many coach can boast of winning afcon their first attempt especially if this is their first time working in this region
Florence Omagbemi can boast of winning AWCON at her first attempt...
And did it without being paid for the NINE MONTHS between her appointment and the tournament.

In addition, her team had enough "professionalism and tactical discipline" to go UNDEFEATED throughout the entire 2016 tournament (in contrast, this 2018 team lost 1 game), in the process scoring 13 goals and conceding only 1 goal (this 2018 team scored 11 goals and also conceded barely 1 goal - but worryingly scored 0 goals in the knockout stages), while beating the HOST nation Cameroon in the final before a jam-packed stadium teeming with hostile partisans. That said, I decline to join in any criticism of the current coach Tom Dennerby, given that because of truly shambolic preparations and inept administration on the NFF's part, he has had probably about a month or so of total preparations with full Falcons squad since his appointment at the beg the year.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ekorian wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

11 times Champions!
While we have won the AWCON 9 out of 11 tournaments...
Before the present tournament form, we won 2 of 2 African titles.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:The defence are the unsung heroes...

Onome Ebi, take a bow...a toss-up between Ebi & keeper Oluehi for best Nigerian player of the tournament...

The keeper actually won Nigeria the tournament...

Won't rate the coach yet given the disgraceful preparations by the NFF...
That No.10 in the middle, my goodness she was a beast. I think she had white she was good. Then the lightskin girl in defense wow just wow what an excellent player.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Classic way to end a final. She was setting them up by moving early in the previous pk attempts. That fin save she didn't move early. Just dove and punched the ball with two hands.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Assisat needs to step her game up. That PK miss looks really bad on replay. I hope she redeems herself @ the WC like Ahmed Musa did.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq3OteWF7ti/
Ebi and the goalkeeper make team of the tournament. Asisat and Ordega in reserves
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ekorian wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

11 times Champions!
It's 11 in this world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_ ... of_Nations
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

K wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq3OteWF7ti/
Ebi and the goalkeeper make team of the tournament. Asisat and Ordega in reserves

What nonsense, at least 5 super Falcons players should have made that list, who was Berra than ordega on the wings and okobi as cm/am.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

BS lineup.
There is NO way that the Cameroonians Tcheno (LB) or Ndoumbook (RMF) were better than Ngozi Ebere and Rita Chikwelu or Halimatu Ayinde. No way!
I mean, how the heck was Aboudi better than Ordega?? Even a football neophyte would tell you Ordega was the better player through the tournament. Like I stated earlier, a bunch of BS by CAF or whoever put that list together.
K wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq3OteWF7ti/er
2think
Egg
Egg
Re: AWCON FINAL: NIGERIA 0 vs SOUTH AFRICA 0 AET. WE'RE D CH

Post by 2think »

Oguleftie wrote:
Nkume wrote:That Tochukwu girl in goal is superb. Player of the Tournament!
Watch, they will give it to other people.

I think Kgatlana deserves it. She's also the golden boot winner.
Tochukwu should definitely win goal keeper of the tournament. Other standouts from the Nigerian team are Chikwelu (the engine of the falcons IMHO), Ordega, and Ebi.
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

Otitokoro wrote:BS lineup.
There is NO way that the Cameroonians Tcheno (LB) or Ndoumbook (RMF) were better than Ngozi Ebere and Rita Chikwelu or Halimatu Ayinde. No way!
I mean, how the heck was Aboudi better than Ordega?? Even a football neophyte would tell you Ordega was the better player through the tournament. Like I stated earlier, a bunch of BS by CAF or whoever put that list together.
K wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq3OteWF7ti/er

I think that list was drawn after the group stages.
There's no way Chikwelu doesn't make the 1st eleven.

https://www.concisenews.global/2018/11/ ... -caf-team/