Chukwueze should not leave Spain o!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chukwueze should not leave Spain o!

Post by metalalloy »

Kabalega wrote:A 19 year old soccer player should make a career move based on the right environment first and money second. But they should not settle for peanuts.

If they prioritize money instead of development, they run a high risk of stunting their development and missing out on big money later in their career. This is the advice I'd give to any young person starting a new career especially if they do not have dependents and other major responsibilities.

Look at how many Naija U17, didn't pan out later in life. Yeah I know there are other reasons too but look at their career choices.
How many Brazilians left home early for the quick buck and ruined their careers? Adriano, Pato, e.t.c.
On the other hand, Neymar resisted the temptation until the time was right.

Freddy Adu was offered $1M to join AC Milan academy (during their hey days) where he would draw a "small" salary. He refused the offer and went to DC United to play for a coach who didn't want to develop his game. It all went downhill from there.

As for the fear of injury as a motivator to go for the juicy contract now instead of developing a career, that is no way to live your life. You drive to work everyday and run the risk of some other driver hitting you and disabling you for the rest of your life. But you still drive to work anyway.

Samuel Chukwueze should prioritize career growth over a juicy contract but not settle for peanuts.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please clarify for those of us who are uninformed. Are you saying that neymar stayed at Santos to develop his football? I just want to be sure before i laff some more.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

metalalloy wrote:
Kabalega wrote:A 19 year old soccer player should make a career move based on the right environment first and money second. But they should not settle for peanuts.

If they prioritize money instead of development, they run a high risk of stunting their development and missing out on big money later in their career. This is the advice I'd give to any young person starting a new career especially if they do not have dependents and other major responsibilities.

Look at how many Naija U17, didn't pan out later in life. Yeah I know there are other reasons too but look at their career choices.
How many Brazilians left home early for the quick buck and ruined their careers? Adriano, Pato, e.t.c.

Freddy Adu was offered $1M to join AC Milan academy (during their hey days) where he would draw a "small" salary. He refused the offer and went to DC United to play for a coach who didn't want to develop his game. It all went downhill from there.

As for the fear of injury as a motivator to go for the juicy contract now instead of developing a career, that is no way to live your life. You drive to work everyday and run the risk of some other driver hitting you and disabling you for the rest of your life. But you still drive to work anyway.

Samuel Chukwueze should prioritize career growth over a juicy contract but not settle for peanuts.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please clarify for those of us who are uninformed. Are you saying that neymar stayed at Santos to develop his football? I just want to be sure before i laff some more.
I wouldn't laugh if I were you.

Neymar got many offers to move to Europe early, but stayed at home for a few more years before he made his move to Barca.
It helped that his father is his agent and was looking out for him.
Another agent would forced an early move and probably ruined his career like Pato.
But look at how Neymar later made out like a bandit. :D Making up for lost wages and more. :thumbs:

BTW, I hope you are not suggesting that Neymar did not develop his football at Santos.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

You know how much Neymar was being paid in Santos
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:It is counter productive for him to not consider offers from big clubs. He just needs to be smart about it. He should listen to what they’re offering and pay close attention to what they’re willing to do to secure his services. How much they’re willing to spend on his transfer is a strong measure of his worth to them. If, for example, they’re willing to pay a transfer fee of $25 m and up, that would be a good indication of their seriousness but he shouldn’t just jump at the first offer :!:

Cheers.
Why is everything about money with you guys?
I understand the need to cash in because it is a short career and a player can have a career ending injury any day.

But Samuel is 19 years old! Too young to make major decisions based primarily on money.
His priority should be finding a home where his game can grow. The money will come later and will be a lot more than he would get by following the money now. Of course, if he is lucky to get that rare combo of high pay and ideal environment he should go for it but that decision should value the development environment higher than the compensation. That is not to say that he should settle for peanuts.

Another way to look at it is, if Jose Mourinho came calling and dangled a juicy contract, should Samuel take it?
No! Because, Mourinho doesn't last long at any club and you never know what the new coach will do. Jose also has a poor reputation of handling youngsters. Then there is the fierce competition for playing time. Good agents would advise against such a move.

On the other hand, if Dortmund came calling, that would be a better move based on their history of developing young players.

Etebo made a dumb move probably because he or more likely his agents wanted to cash in.
It appears you didn’t take time to understand the issue otherwise you would realize that money has little to do with my perspective except for the fatalistic dependency of a professional footballer’s worth on money because after all, professional football is a big money business; the more valuable you’re perceived to be, the more money you’ll be offered. Consider the following practical example. Suppose you’re a budding prospect like Chukwueze and Manchester city comes calling. Should it matter to you if they’re offering a transfer fee of $10m or $40m? In my estimation, Manchester City caliber players are valued at an average of around $35m, just for argument’s sake. So if their offer is $10m, you can comfortably conclude that they just want you as a practice player or perhaps, they’ll turn around and sell you for a sizeable profit... but what if they’re offering $40m instead :?:

Well you know, it is said that you can lead a horse to the stream but you can’t force it to drink. Hopefully, I have led you to the stream. It is now up to you to use your brain and drink :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
You make a good point. Apologies, I just shot from the hip.... :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Prince wrote:You know how much Neymar was being paid in Santos
Care to enlighten us?
Was it more than the offers that came from Europe?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh boy why you dey reveal expo nah!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kabalega wrote:
Care to enlighten us?
Kabalega wrote:I wouldn't laugh if I were you.

Neymar got many offers to move to Europe early, but stayed at home for a few more years before he made his move to Barca.
Another agent would forced an early move and probably ruined his career like Pato.
But look at how Neymar later made out like a bandit. :D Making up for lost wages and more. :thumbs:

BTW, I hope you are not suggesting that Neymar did not develop his football at Santos.
He was reportedly getting paid $300,000 a month at Santos. He was able to sign a ton of lucrative sponsorship agreements e.g. the one with Nike where he kept 100% of the sponsorship $$. More importantly, he was able to convince Santos to let his dad negotiate his future contract out of Santos, and Neymar was to keep 40% of future transfer fees which he and his dad immeidately sold to a third party. This incentivized his dad to go out and seek the highest bidder during the duration of his renewed Santos contract in 2011 (in fact they got santos to agree to let him leave a year early). Months after he renewed his deal with Santos, He and his dad pledged to join Barca in 2014 and his dad was promised $40 million when he moved.

Neymar stayed in Brazil to drum up interest and get as much $$ when he moved. It had little to do with developing his football.

Read more here.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... s-transfer

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

metalalloy wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Care to enlighten us?

He was reportedly getting paid $300,000 a month at Santos. He was able to sign a ton of lucrative sponsorship agreements e.g. the one with Nike where he kept 100% of the sponsorship $$. More importantly, he was able to convince Santos to let his dad negotiate his future contract out of Santos, and Neymar was to keep 40% of future transfer fees which he and his dad immeidately sold to a third party. This incentivized his dad to go out and seek the highest bidder during the duration of his renewed Santos contract in 2011 (in fact they got santos to agree to let him leave a year early). Months after he renewed his deal with Santos, He and his dad pledged to join Barca in 2014 and his dad was promised $40 million when he moved.

Neymar stayed in Brazil to drum up interest and get as much $$ when he moved. It had little to do with developing his football.

Read more here.
Well, that is one narrative.

Do you see what’s missing though?

All the shenanigans that Santos pulled off to keep Neymar, were still not good enough to keep him from going to Europe. Chelsea, Barça and Real Madrid alone were willing to pay serious money to get Neymar.

You cannot convince me that it was all because of the sponsorship deals and Santos' welfare management program.
He must have stayed for other reasons.

Euro teams have experienced welfare management programs and certainly Neymar could request the best welfare amenities from any club.
Also, no sponsor will delay the exposure of their brand to a wider, more affluent audience.
There had to be other factors.

For starters, Santos was a good team at that time with the likes of Adrano, Paulo Henrique Ganso (Neymar’s best friend), Elano, Pará, Danilo, Jonathan, Alan Patrick, Alex Sandro and Zé Eduardo. Unfortunately, they slowly started dismantling that team. All those guys I mentioned left Santos for Europe.

With their exit, Santos declined tremendously and were not in contention for the Libertadores or Brasileirão. Neymar was left with lame talent around him. This precipitated his exit. He didn’t want to stick around until the World Cup anymore.

Another clue, is the fact that Neymar turned down a more lucrative offer from Real Madrid, even with their 50% sponsorship grab policy.
Let's not for get Emenalo's compelling and polished spiel from Chelsea too.
Clearly Neymar was not primarily motivated by money.

But enough with Neymar. The focus on him is just derailing my earlier POV.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Most are breadwinners at such young age.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kabalega wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Care to enlighten us?

Read more here.
Well, that is one narrative.

Do you see what’s missing though?

All the shenanigans that Santos pulled off to keep Neymar, were still not good enough to keep him from going to Europe. Chelsea, Barça and Real Madrid alone were willing to pay serious money to get Neymar.

You cannot convince me that it was all because of the sponsorship deals and Santos' welfare management program.
He must have stayed for other reasons.

Euro teams have experienced welfare management programs and certainly Neymar could request the best welfare amenities from any club.
Also, no sponsor will delay the exposure of their brand to a wider, more affluent audience.
There had to be other factors.

For starters, Santos was a good team at that time with the likes of Adrano, Paulo Henrique Ganso (Neymar’s best friend), Elano, Pará, Danilo, Jonathan, Alan Patrick, Alex Sandro and Zé Eduardo. Unfortunately, they slowly started dismantling that team. All those guys I mentioned left Santos for Europe.

With their exit, Santos declined tremendously and were not in contention for the Libertadores or Brasileirão. Neymar was left with lame talent around him. This precipitated his exit. He didn’t want to stick around until the World Cup anymore.

Another clue, is the fact that Neymar turned down a more lucrative offer from Real Madrid, even with their 50% sponsorship grab policy.
Let's not for get Emenalo's compelling and polished spiel from Chelsea too.
Clearly Neymar was not primarily motivated by money.

But enough with Neymar. The focus on him is just derailing my earlier POV.
It most certainly wasn't to "develop his football" at Santos :lol: :lol: :lol:

He had one destination in mind all along, Barcelona. He used other teams to negotiate a hell of a deal with Barcelona which resulted in Barca breaking spanish tax laws to appease him.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

@metalalloy, your take on Neymar is deeply flawed.

Even the Guardian article whose link you posted indicates that Neymar made the decision to stay in Brazil before his father came up with the €40m ruse to gouge Euro teams.
You are also aware that Euro teams offered way more money in transfer fees, pay and amenities than Santos ever could afford, or ever did.
You also know that most sponsors would have preferred to have Neymar in Europe where he would give them a wider audience.

Clearly, Neymar didn't care much for the money, neither did his father, initially. But they were wise enough to get as much from Santos as they could using the lucrative European offers on the table. That is the closest this whole story, is to your narrative.

So then, why did Neymar stay longer in Brazil?
All clues lead to his desire to stay at home. He was part of a special Santos team, was getting paid well and having fun destroying opponents with his best friend Ganso. When all the good players including his buddy Ganso left, he decided to bounce too.

At the end of the day, money was not the primary motivating factor for Neymar like you'd want us to believe.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

My advice to Chukwueze is not to listen to any job related advice from someone that ain't got no gaddem job.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:My advice to Chukwueze is not to listen to any job related advice from someone that ain't got no gaddem job.
:lol:

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote:My advice to Chukwueze is not to listen to any job related advice from someone that ain't got no gaddem job.
Yup! Respect to you for not giving advice. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!