Chukwueze should not leave Spain o!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Chukwueze should not leave Spain o!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/12/04/ex ... teen-star/

Not now! The boy will be out of contract next yr and is free to sign in January, though he has yet to sign the new offer Villarreal has tabled.

Abeg, if any of our resident agents Know the boy mek dem warn am o!!! The grass is not greener on the other side, he plays in the best league in the world and he’s getting plenty of action and succeeding.

DO NOT, I REPEAT... DO NOT BE FOOLED by the so called big clubs unless you want to end up in the championship playing police ball or on loan in Belgium. There’re only about 5 clubs in the EPL better than Villarreal and non will help him now. Stay in Spain, re-up with Villarreal and improve.

See his mates Nacho and Nwakali, even Issac success is just now starting to show promise. I don tok my own o. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chukwueze should not leave Spain o!

Post by jette1 »

:agree:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/12/04/ex ... teen-star/

Not now! The boy will be out of contract next yr and is free to sign in January, though he has yet to sign the new offer Villarreal has tabled.

Abeg, if any of our resident agents Know the boy mek dem warn am o!!! The grass is not greener on the other side, he plays in the best league in the world and he’s getting plenty of action and succeeding.

DO NOT, I REPEAT... DO NOT BE FOOLED by the so called big clubs unless you want to end up in the championship playing police ball or on loan in Belgium. There’re only about 5 clubs in the EPL better than Villarreal and non will help him now. Stay in Spain, re-up with Villarreal and improve.

See his mates Nacho and Nwakali, even Issac success is just now starting to show promise. I don tok my own o. :thumb:
After waiting like 3 years for his big break and seeing massive opportunity like a move to Arsenal fail coupled with limited active earning lifespan (like 3-4 contracts) you think he'll have this in mind? The most important thing now is to get paid - whoever would pay is preferred, if they want to waste their money and not play him is their problem not Chukwueze's. he can go on loan to pay if not paid.

Hope he gets a massive contract.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

my thoughts exactly, just wondering however if Villareal is safe from relegation, but for the interests of his development he should stay put.

Look what happened to Etebo once he left La Liga.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:my thoughts exactly, just wondering however if Villareal is safe from relegation, but for the interests of his development he should stay put.

Is it leaving La Liga or more about the jambody team he went to?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote:my thoughts exactly, just wondering however if Villareal is safe from relegation, but for the interests of his development he should stay put.

Etebo was ill advised,he joined just relegated Stoke City for reasons known to him and his agents.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

maceo4 wrote:

Well one can't happen without the other. If he didn't leave La Liga he wouldn't have joined a jambody team. :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Etebo's story is a sad one. Since the World Cup, he's performed below par. It's attributable to the level of football and the quality of the club he joined. I just wish a bigger and better club could snap him up and give him a new boost.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Etebo's problem was moving to the wrong club not moving per se.

Samuel should not sign until Villareal's position in La Liga is clear. Some players (usually older & more established) have a relegation escape clause in their contracts but I don't know whether that is even allowed in Spain.

If VIllareal get relegated, Samuel would be better advised to move to another La Liga club and work.
Unless better opportunities arise in Italy or Bundesliga teams.

Samuel Chukwueze, should avoid the EPL and Scottish leagues at all cost! Let them come for him when he is 25 years old and pay through the nose for his services.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should stay put for another 2 or 3 years.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Agreed. Villareal is a good club where he can continue to develop. Players like Mbappe, Pulisic, and even Griezzman have been wise not to rush moving to bigger clubs.
ohenhen1 wrote:He should stay put for another 2 or 3 years.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

theYemster wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Well one can't happen without the other. If he didn't leave La Liga he wouldn't have joined a jambody team. :)
Yeyemster comot for road :taunt: Kaba don expound on my point, nothing wrong with leaving but make sure you go to a team that suits your style of play. Kele and Etebo are clear examples of not doing this properly and its affecting their progress.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

:!:
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

It is counter productive for him to not consider offers from big clubs. He just needs to be smart about it. He should listen to what they’re offering and pay close attention to what they’re willing to do to secure his services. How much they’re willing to spend on his transfer is a strong measure of his worth to them. If, for example, they’re willing to pay a transfer fee of $25 m and up, that would be a good indication of their seriousness but he shouldn’t just jump at the first offer :!:

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:It is counter productive for him to not consider offers from big clubs. He just needs to be smart about it. He should listen to what they’re offering and pay close attention to what they’re willing to do to secure his services. How much they’re willing to spend on his transfer is a strong measure of his worth to them. If, for example, they’re willing to pay a transfer fee of $25 m and up, that would be a good indication of their seriousness but he shouldn’t just jump at the first offer :!:

Cheers.

As long as the big club is in Spain then its fine, any attempt to go to England will likely fail.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

What If Mourinho wants to buy him?
Should he go or stay @ Villareal?
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:It is counter productive for him to not consider offers from big clubs. He just needs to be smart about it. He should listen to what they’re offering and pay close attention to what they’re willing to do to secure his services. How much they’re willing to spend on his transfer is a strong measure of his worth to them. If, for example, they’re willing to pay a transfer fee of $25 m and up, that would be a good indication of their seriousness but he shouldn’t just jump at the first offer :!:

Cheers.
Why is everything about money with you guys?
I understand the need to cash in because it is a short career and a player can have a career ending injury any day.

But Samuel is 19 years old! Too young to make major decisions based primarily on money.
His priority should be finding a home where his game can grow. The money will come later and will be a lot more than he would get by following the money now. Of course, if he is lucky to get that rare combo of high pay and ideal environment he should go for it but that decision should value the development environment higher than the compensation. That is not to say that he should settle for peanuts.

Another way to look at it is, if Jose Mourinho came calling and dangled a juicy contract, should Samuel take it?
No! Because, Mourinho doesn't last long at any club and you never know what the new coach will do. Jose also has a poor reputation of handling youngsters. Then there is the fierce competition for playing time. Good agents would advise against such a move.

On the other hand, if Dortmund came calling, that would be a better move based on their history of developing young players.

Etebo made a dumb move probably because he or more likely his agents wanted to cash in.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The real deal wrote:What If Mourinho wants to buy him?
Should he go or stay @ Villareal?
It depends. If Villareal get relegated and no other offers come up, then he should bite the bullet and go.
Otherwise, no for the reasons I mentioned in my reply to TonyTheTigerKiller above. :D
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kabalega wrote:

Cheers.
I understand the need to cash in because it is a short career and a player can have a career ending injury any day.

But Samuel is 19 years old! Too young to make major decisions based primarily on money.
His priority should be finding a home where his game can grow. The money will come later and will be a lot more than he would get by following the money now. Of course, if he is lucky to get that rare combo of high pay and ideal environment he should go for it but that decision should value the development environment higher than the compensation. That is not to say that he should settle for peanuts.

Another way to look at it is, if Jose Mourinho came calling and dangled a juicy contract, should Samuel take it?
No! Because, Mourinho doesn't last long at any club and you never know what the new coach will do. Jose also has a poor reputation of handling youngsters. Then there is the fierce competition for playing time. Good agents would advise against such a move.

On the other hand, if Dortmund came calling, that would be a better move based on their history of developing young players.

Etebo made a dumb move probably because he or more likely his agents wanted to cash in.
:lol: i would love to borrow your crystal ball for the lottery drawing tomorrow.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

metalalloy wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Cheers.

:lol: i would love to borrow your crystal ball for the lottery drawing tomorrow.
Leave him, a carreer that short, you are one tackle away from poverty. after that nothing agin, you have no qualification and cannot do anything else in most cases.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

So because he is having a good season he should ignore the opportunity to make the most of his career? Una sef. If the opportunity comes he should analyse it well and it is fits he should grab it. As someone said, you are one injury or loss of form in one season away from missing out altogether.
Unless his remunerations now is good enough and not some of those kwe kwe i am desperate to play in Europe type contract that turns them to slaves even in a big club.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

A 19 year old soccer player should make a career move based on the right environment first and money second. But they should not settle for peanuts.

If they prioritize money instead of development, they run a high risk of stunting their development and missing out on big money later in their career. This is the advice I'd give to any young person starting a new career especially if they do not have dependents and other major responsibilities.

Look at how many Naija U17, didn't pan out later in life. Yeah I know there are other reasons too but look at their career choices.
How many Brazilians left home early for the quick buck and ruined their careers? Adriano, Pato, e.t.c.
On the other hand, Neymar resisted the temptation until the time was right.

Freddy Adu was offered $1M to join AC Milan academy (during their hey days) where he would draw a "small" salary. He refused the offer and went to DC United to play for a coach who didn't want to develop his game. It all went downhill from there.

As for the fear of injury as a motivator to go for the juicy contract now instead of developing a career, that is no way to live your life. You drive to work everyday and run the risk of some other driver hitting you and disabling you for the rest of your life. But you still drive to work anyway.

Samuel Chukwueze should prioritize career growth over a juicy contract but not settle for peanuts.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kabalega wrote:

Cheers.

It appears you didn’t take time to understand the issue otherwise you would realize that money has little to do with my perspective except for the fatalistic dependency of a professional footballer’s worth on money because after all, professional football is a big money business; the more valuable you’re perceived to be, the more money you’ll be offered. Consider the following practical example. Suppose you’re a budding prospect like Chukwueze and Manchester city comes calling. Should it matter to you if they’re offering a transfer fee of $10m or $40m? In my estimation, Manchester City caliber players are valued at an average of around $35m, just for argument’s sake. So if their offer is $10m, you can comfortably conclude that they just want you as a practice player or perhaps, they’ll turn around and sell you for a sizeable profit... but what if they’re offering $40m instead :?:

Well you know, it is said that you can lead a horse to the stream but you can’t force it to drink. Hopefully, I have led you to the stream. It is now up to you to use your brain and drink :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.