Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:54 am 

Sol Campbell, King of the North
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -job-92nd/

There might be a time, Sol Campbell wondered, when a black manager in English football’s top four divisions is less remarkable than it is in 2018, but for now one of the game’s most celebrated black players taking his first steps in a new career still felt like a big moment.

At Moss Rose, the home of the club 92nd in the professional game, they are running out of chances, without a manager since October, and it is amid that mood of desperation that their new man, with his sprinkling of star dust, has arrived. This giant of several England teams, now 44, seemed at times an incongruous figure in the McIlroy Suite, the most presentable part of a tired little stadium. For 20 years and over 73 caps, Campbell was one of the most recognisable figures in the game, and now here he was trying to rescue Macclesfield Town from sliding back into non-League.

“I hope I’m not judged just on success, I hope I’m judged on what kind of ship I run,” he said. “In the end, hopefully the football wins and people start looking at all scenarios. In the end, I just want to become a manager, forget whatever colour you are, that’s the way it should be, really.”

Otherwise he was eager to turn his focus on a team already four points from safety and heading back to the National League from where they were promoted in May. He chuckled when the remarks of another former Macclesfield manager, Paul Ince, were put to him, that Campbell had to start at the very bottom club while others, such as Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard, had been handed much more viable propositions as managers.

“You have to start somewhere,” Campbell said. “I am prepared to start anywhere. The opportunity came up and there was no messing about. It was very clean. It was one agent and the owner, very simple and I like that, a little bit old school. You’ve got to take your opportunities and I felt it was the right time.”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:58 am 

Godspeed. Lets hope this sinking ship proves a stretch of canvas for, possibly, one of the greatest minds in football.

Lost on pens in the checkatrade to Magpies under 21s, but bigger fish to fry. If he keeps them up, he'll take seat amongst the gods.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:54 am 

Which reminds me.....when is our man Oliseh going back into management?
Black Managers need people like him to make their case.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 am 

Damunk wrote:

Oliseh, hhmmmmm. When you take on the establishment and it turned into a legal master, people will be afraid of your own matter.

Two jobs, one ends in acrimonious split- Nigeria and the other, legal ramblings.

Good luck to our Oliseh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:04 pm 

Damunk wrote:

My understanding ( please correct me if I am wrong ) is that he is still on contract and cant seek a job until the contract with sittard runs out ?

Can anyone confirm ?

...Socrates

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:42 pm 

Sol go hear wen. Abeg let his players do to him what he did to Spurs.

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:46 am 

Cristao II wrote:
Sol go hear wen. Abeg let his players do to him what he did to Spurs.

what did he do to Spuds?

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:46 pm 

Big Solzier, one-nil down at the Community Stadiums. Shots raining in, poverty of possession. Newspapers licking their lips.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm 

Huge right hand and Campbell’s down. He’s not going to make the count, 8-9-10!!! The papers will have a field day. The greatest name in football falls at the first hurdle. Hardly the most appetising of winter break spots but one gets the feeling Sol will need to call in the favours come January, three or four loanees. Needless to say, his career depends on it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:20 pm 

3 points in the bag, huge result vs the Crawley Gang. Notts County raining on the parade sadly.