Victor Moses retires from Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olumide
Egg
Egg
Victor Moses retires from Nigeria

Post by olumide »

He will be missed. Thinking back, a lot of the best moments for SE over the past five years or so have heavily involved Moses.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Moses retires from Nigeria

Post by Sir V »

He should retire after the Africa Cup of Nations
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That boy has a baffling way about him. How do you retire from the national team at 27,the peak?

I love the boy to bits and I think we need him, at least for the next afcon. But I can sense where this frustration is coming from...

I hope he will have a change of mind sharing. Haba retiring from the national team at 27? I hope it is not Chelsea pushing this
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Wow. Rohr needs to earn his keep and convince Moses to rescind the decision. I'm trying to imagine the team without Moses in World Cup qualifying and at the World Cup itself. Pedestrian.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

he will be missed and good luck with club career. -
high time others step up to the plate. its better to announce retirement now than to start dodging call ups - never say never he may rescind decision if still on top form and services/experience required at tournaments
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

A great Super Eagle.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

oloye wrote:That boy has a baffling way about him. How do you retire from the national team at 27,the peak?

I love the boy to bits and I think we need him, at least for the next afcon. But I can sense where this frustration is coming from...

I hope he will have a change of mind sharing. Haba retiring from the national team at 27? I hope it is not Chelsea pushing this
personally don't think he can push his body any further for country why he keeps dodging most friendlies call up - let others step up.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

All the best Moses. The stage is set for a new HERO
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

to be frank, he was a big dissapointment at the WC. He has not been playing well for a while. He is super talented but it seems like he just was not in it for quite some time.

This may be a blessing in disguise.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

I don't blame him. Playing for a feckless and incompetent has its own adverse consequences . I told you when this inept fellow is through with SE the damage will be irreparable.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Good Riddance!! We are still living on the memories of Moses from 2013. He has been very poor in the last 5 years. He can go. We have a lot of talent in his position. He will NOT be missed.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

VicMo thanks for your service .. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Is Mikel up next ? I feel it may be comming soon.

What kind of player retires at 27 ? The guy still has one more WC in him. You see Ronaldo playing when he is 33 and he is yet to retire. Not only that but Ronaldo will actually be playing entire seasons and not sitting warming a bench.

I'm sorry but this is just :boo:

no way to spin it.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chelsea is classless,how any African support this club is shocking.Chelsea asking him to stop playing for SE or he will be ship to under 15 youth team and just train with them until his contract finish.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bushboy wrote:Good Riddance!! We are still living on the memories of Moses from 2013. He has been very poor in the last 5 years. He can go. We have a lot of talent in his position. He will NOT be missed.

I know right. If he does not want to bleed for SE then let him get tout. No wonder his displays of recent have been shameful with him dribbling into culdesacs, failing to pass to team mates, and performing his best olympic diving manouevers. Good riddance :boo: :boo:

We want players who want to die on the pitch and not half hearted big man players who have no desire.

dare I say that the guy is just an opportunist. Hanging around for the WC, now he wants to go MIA to sit on Chelsea bench.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

see them attacking Moses. Look here your NFF is about to be banned.... No one wants all these negative energy
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bushboy wrote:Good Riddance!! We are still living on the memories of Moses from 2013. He has been very poor in the last 5 years. He can go. We have a lot of talent in his position. He will NOT be missed.
Not as poor as the guy you are supporting..common man, show some class!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Hope he changes his mind. He's our best player.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote:see them attacking Moses. Look here your NFF is about to be banned.... No one wants all these negative energy

No dude, Moses has been avoiding matches and faking injuries for years. Now it all makes sense. He was never fully committed IMO, he doesn't want to bother any more. His poor performances are evidence of this. His heart is just not there. Now we can move on, I think he was actually a detriment to the team with his constant diving and selfish play.

A highly motivated player will serve the team much better.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Sir V wrote:He should retire after the Africa Cup of Nations
Why?He should retire when he sees fit,Nigeria should work harder at strengthen their pool of players after all stability has never been their strong point,it's not as if Nigeriahas way of encouraging anyone,I'm surprised Mikel has announced his retirement or has he?
I don't think he needs to claim it's because of his club career after all older players at bigger clubs (regulars) with more competition still represent their country I.e Modric,Ronaldo and Messi!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kajifu wrote:Chelsea is classless,how any African support this club is shocking.Chelsea asking him to stop playing for SE or he will be ship to under 15 youth team and just train with them until his contract finish.
That's what agents are for,if your club threatens to do such a thing you tell your agent you're ready to move on then your club who obviously doesn't want you (if you are going to demoted to the U15) can listen to potential buyers!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

From what I infer from his tweet sounds like he feels playing for Nigeria will affect his chances to break into Chelsea's starting XI. He will have a tough time breaking into the starting XI under Sarri whether he plays for Nigeria or not.

We will definitely miss him. On a good day Moses can win a game almost by himself. Still hope he changes his mind. If he doesn't, I hope others can fill the void.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Wow this is a huge blow if true. Moses was Nigeria’s top scorer in qualifying for the World Cup who is gong step up will be Miss Ighalo ?