2019 Women's World Cup Draw - Live from Paris

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: 2019 Women's World Cup Draw - Live from Paris

Post by Cellular »

mystic wrote:
metalalloy wrote:we get the host nation!

Tough draw for us. We have a lot of work to do in terms of preparations. Will the NFF finally give the Super Falcons the attention that they deserve?
Is there money available to be stolen?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

mystic wrote:
Cito wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:'O ye of EXTREMELY little faith', na wah for una!
Countrary to all the negative thoughts being spewed here, Nigeria WILL make it to the round of 16.

First of, there are 24 teams in the tournament, meaning there must be a round of 16 and consequently, the 4 best 3rd placed teams amongst the 6 groups will make it to the round of 16. Good thing is: whoever finishes 2nd in group A plays the second placed team in group C in the round of 16 (2A x 2C) - meaning, if Nigeria manages to place 2nd, then we play the 2nd placed team out of Australia, Italy, Brazil & Jamaica. I will fancy this Nigerian team against anyone of those teams in group C.

Secondly, within our group, the Norwegians are quite beatable. They used to be a power house in the past, but are not that anymore. They play very much like the Swedes and I believe we match up well with them, as they don't have the pace of the Swedes. Likewise South Korea. Thanks to Dennerby, we now play a more compact game and our defense seems to be a lot more organized (we play as a unit and don't have those gaping holes between the three lines as we used to).

I really believe a quarterfinal spot is very attainable this time around - we just need to make sure that the team is adequately prepared. Pinnick seems to have committed himself to putting plans in place that would replicate what he did for the men this year. I remain optimistic for our girls.
oloye wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Let us be honest with each other. It is three games and home in that group. We will be lucky to get a draw against South Korea. France and Norway will beat us easily!
I cannot express it any bwtter
I couldn’t have said it better. Norway is not what they used to be. Our girls can do it.

Dennerby should be very familiar with Norway. The key to our progress will be our level of preparations. We had a very promising team in 2015, but the NFF has criminally dropped the ball with respect to the Super Falcons. We've done absolutely nothing in terms of building on the potential that we saw in 2015. Yet our precious ladies have done us proud by retaining consecutive African Cups against highly improving continental competition.

I think our Falcons deserve more respect for achieving more than anyone had a right to expect under the circumstances. With proper preparation and Dennerby hopefully strengthening the squad, we have a shot to come out of our group (which would be a step beyond anything that we've done recently).
Totally agree. But I do not have faith in the NFF doing right by the Falcons. NONE!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

pajimoh wrote:Nigeria
Germany
Brazil
China/North Korea
Women’s World Cup Group G:

Ghana
Kenya
Lesotho
Seychelles

I bet Ghana will not get out of this group :idea: :) :!:

Cheers.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Cellular wrote:
mystic wrote:
Cito wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:'O ye of EXTREMELY little faith', na wah for una!
Countrary to all the negative thoughts being spewed here, Nigeria WILL make it to the round of 16.

First of, there are 24 teams in the tournament, meaning there must be a round of 16 and consequently, the 4 best 3rd placed teams amongst the 6 groups will make it to the round of 16. Good thing is: whoever finishes 2nd in group A plays the second placed team in group C in the round of 16 (2A x 2C) - meaning, if Nigeria manages to place 2nd, then we play the 2nd placed team out of Australia, Italy, Brazil & Jamaica. I will fancy this Nigerian team against anyone of those teams in group C.

Secondly, within our group, the Norwegians are quite beatable. They used to be a power house in the past, but are not that anymore. They play very much like the Swedes and I believe we match up well with them, as they don't have the pace of the Swedes. Likewise South Korea. Thanks to Dennerby, we now play a more compact game and our defense seems to be a lot more organized (we play as a unit and don't have those gaping holes between the three lines as we used to).

I really believe a quarterfinal spot is very attainable this time around - we just need to make sure that the team is adequately prepared. Pinnick seems to have committed himself to putting plans in place that would replicate what he did for the men this year. I remain optimistic for our girls.
oloye wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Let us be honest with each other. It is three games and home in that group. We will be lucky to get a draw against South Korea. France and Norway will beat us easily!
I cannot express it any bwtter
I couldn’t have said it better. Norway is not what they used to be. Our girls can do it.

Dennerby should be very familiar with Norway. The key to our progress will be our level of preparations. We had a very promising team in 2015, but the NFF has criminally dropped the ball with respect to the Super Falcons. We've done absolutely nothing in terms of building on the potential that we saw in 2015. Yet our precious ladies have done us proud by retaining consecutive African Cups against highly improving continental competition.

I think our Falcons deserve more respect for achieving more than anyone had a right to expect under the circumstances. With proper preparation and Dennerby hopefully strengthening the squad, we have a shot to come out of our group (which would be a step beyond anything that we've done recently).
Totally agree. But I do not have faith in the NFF doing right by the Falcons. NONE!
may be Eucharia and Florence should be brought back to take charge of the team because only in so doing do Goti/ekorian gurantee they would win the WC
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:may be Eucharia and Florence should be brought back to take charge of the team because only in so doing do Goti/ekorian gurantee they would win the WC
Grow up, you low-esteemed WOWO dweeb... :roll:

Anyway, when Mr. Dennerby leads us to win the WWC next summer, as you are implicitly GUARANTEEING, we can all reconvene on CE to discuss. Meanwhile, must be quite ironic whenever you prostrate to and address Tom Dennerby as “Uncle Tom”! SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Fox Sports did a (by their awful standards) good feature on the African teams going to the Women's World Cup. Things that stood out:

1) When profiling Ghana, the 41 yo Ghanaian GK Memunatu Sulemana talked about Nigeria. She said the Falcons "are the undoubted trailblazers for women's football in Africa", have "star players and can shock the world".

2) Onome Ebi - about to play in her 5th successive WMC (the first African player to do so).

3) 25 year old Francisca Ordega who has been in the national team for nearly a decade.

4) Asisat did the usual "we are not just representing Nigeria, we are representing the whole of Africa" shtick (in a weird semi-northern regional British accent!).
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The Naija tourists will be out in round one
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar