2019 Women's World Cup Draw - Live from Paris

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
2019 Women's World Cup Draw - Live from Paris

Post by Otitokoro »

Live Stream

[/video]
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019 Women's World Cup Draw - Live from Paris

Post by Otitokoro »

Just saw Picnick and the CAF Leadership on TV in attendance
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Nigeria
Germany
Brazil
China/North Korea
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

pajimoh wrote:Nigeria
Germany
Brazil
China/North Korea

Nah so you hate us reach?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Last edited by balo on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

we get the host nation!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Last edited by balo on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Last edited by balo on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

metalalloy wrote:
Germany
Brazil
China/North Korea

Sorry

How about..
Nigeria
Tahiti
Vanuatu
Papua New Guinea

QF
Westen Samoa

S/F
Fiji

Final
Tibet
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

pajimoh wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Germany
Brazil
China/North Korea

Sorry

How about..
Nigeria
Tahiti
Vanuatu
Papua New Guinea

QF
Westen Samoa

S/F
Fiji

Final
Tibet
excellent!

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Drawing should have lasted a little bit longer.
Easiest group is Group F; once again US has a walk over at the group stage.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

metalalloy wrote:we get the host nation!

Tough draw for us. We have a lot of work to do in terms of preparations. Will the NFF finally give the Super Falcons the attention that they deserve?
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Group A very physically demanding.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote:Tough draw for us. We have a lot of work to do in terms of preparations. Will the NFF finally give the Super Falcons the attention that they deserve?
Hope they will...
But with the Super Eagles at AFCON about the same time, who knows.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Let us be honest with each other. It is three games and home in that group. We will be lucky to get a draw against South Korea. France and Norway will beat us easily!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Undertaker wrote:Let us be honest with each other. It is three games and home in that group. We will be lucky to get a draw against South Korea. France and Norway will beat us easily!
I cannot express it any bwtter
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

See low hanging fruits for USA to pluck 1 by 1 in the first round. :mrgreen:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

How did Thailand make it to pot 3?? The must have bribed infantino with some of that K1 Thai beef fried rice with medium spice :tic: :sneaky:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote:Let us be honest with each other. It is three games and home in that group. We will be lucky to get a draw against South Korea. France and Norway will beat us easily!

The good thing is we play France last. If we can get a draw against Norway and a win vs the Samsung girls from Korea, we will sneak thru to the next round before we play France. My worry is that useless coach of ours will give our opponents too much respect like Rhor did at the last WC.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

'O ye of EXTREMELY little faith', na wah for una!
Countrary to all the negative thoughts being spewed here, Nigeria WILL make it to the round of 16.

First of, there are 24 teams in the tournament, meaning there must be a round of 16 and consequently, the 4 best 3rd placed teams amongst the 6 groups will make it to the round of 16. Good thing is: whoever finishes 2nd in group A plays the second placed team in group C in the round of 16 (2A x 2C) - meaning, if Nigeria manages to place 2nd, then we play the 2nd placed team out of Australia, Italy, Brazil & Jamaica. I will fancy this Nigerian team against anyone of those teams in group C.

Secondly, within our group, the Norwegians are quite beatable. They used to be a power house in the past, but are not that anymore. They play very much like the Swedes and I believe we match up well with them, as they don't have the pace of the Swedes. Likewise South Korea. Thanks to Dennerby, we now play a more compact game and our defense seems to be a lot more organized (we play as a unit and don't have those gaping holes between the three lines as we used to).

I really believe a quarterfinal spot is very attainable this time around - we just need to make sure that the team is adequately prepared. Pinnick seems to have committed himself to putting plans in place that would replicate what he did for the men this year. I remain optimistic for our girls.
oloye wrote:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Otitokoro wrote:'O ye of EXTREMELY little faith', na wah for una!
Countrary to all the negative thoughts being spewed here, Nigeria WILL make it to the round of 16.

First of, there are 24 teams in the tournament, meaning there must be a round of 16 and consequently, the 4 best 3rd placed teams amongst the 6 groups will make it to the round of 16. Good thing is: whoever finishes 2nd in group A plays the second placed team in group C in the round of 16 (2A x 2C) - meaning, if Nigeria manages to place 2nd, then we play the 2nd placed team out of Australia, Italy, Brazil & Jamaica. I will fancy this Nigerian team against anyone of those teams in group C.

Secondly, within our group, the Norwegians are quite beatable. They used to be a power house in the past, but are not that anymore. They play very much like the Swedes and I believe we match up well with them, as they don't have the pace of the Swedes. Likewise South Korea. Thanks to Dennerby, we now play a more compact game and our defense seems to be a lot more organized (we play as a unit and don't have those gaping holes between the three lines as we used to).

I really believe a quarterfinal spot is very attainable this time around - we just need to make sure that the team is adequately prepared. Pinnick seems to have committed himself to putting plans in place that would replicate what he did for the men this year. I remain optimistic for our girls.
oloye wrote:
I couldn’t have said it better. Norway is not what they used to be. Our girls can do it.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Cito wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:'O ye of EXTREMELY little faith', na wah for una!

oloye wrote:
I couldn’t have said it better. Norway is not what they used to be. Our girls can do it.

Dennerby should be very familiar with Norway. The key to our progress will be our level of preparations. We had a very promising team in 2015, but the NFF has criminally dropped the ball with respect to the Super Falcons. We've done absolutely nothing in terms of building on the potential that we saw in 2015. Yet our precious ladies have done us proud by retaining consecutive African Cups against highly improving continental competition.

I think our Falcons deserve more respect for achieving more than anyone had a right to expect under the circumstances. With proper preparation and Dennerby hopefully strengthening the squad, we have a shot to come out of our group (which would be a step beyond anything that we've done recently).