Chelsea vs Manchester city 2-0 (N’Golo, DL) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Chelsea vs Manchester city 2-0 (N’Golo, DL) FT

Post by Cally »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bepanda wrote:Unai Emery i sonly 7 points behind the leaders. I think Arsenal has a shot at this EPL title thing.
Let's go Gunners.

you are funny. Did you see how serious players balled in this game, while Arsenal is parading junks like Xhaka?
Chief O, trust you to be the one to run Arsenal and it's players down. Trust you not to give Xhaka and his mates the credit they deserve just cause they play for Arsenal. Of course, once they move, they become good, and once they play for Arsenal, they become junk. This one no get cure Sha.

Well played Chelsea...solid win.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chelsea vs Manchester city 1-0 (N’Golo) 2H

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:@ G4L

Too much respect for City in England
Yep but with good reason now. They’ve been dominating all comers so far. Let’s not develop amnesia suddenly because Chelsea won today. Klopp pretty much played them the same way too - at Anefield.
Hindsight is always 20/20 :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I agree that City is given a lot of respect in the EPL. Happened with all the very good teams in the league.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cally wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bepanda wrote:Unai Emery i sonly 7 points behind the leaders. I think Arsenal has a shot at this EPL title thing.
Let's go Gunners.

you are funny. Did you see how serious players balled in this game, while Arsenal is parading junks like Xhaka?
Chief O, trust you to be the one to run Arsenal and it's players down. Trust you not to give Xhaka and his mates the credit they deserve just cause they play for Arsenal. Of course, once they move, they become good, and once they play for Arsenal, they become junk. This one no get cure Sha.

No vex, but let's be honest, we have players that don't seem to understand their roles. Everybody cannot be a superstar, but most of our players are more than talented enough to do their jobs well, with some consistency. Don't tell me we love Santi and now LT because they are short....or GDZ because he has long hair...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

City won at Emirates; won at wembley; beat ManU and were a late missed pk away from a win Anefield. Ironically, Liverpool played with the most caution of those teams and the only one to get a result. But wait: why give City ‘too much’ respect? Amnesia is a terrible disease.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Let's go Gunners.

No vex, but let's be honest, we have players that don't seem to understand their roles. Everybody cannot be a superstar, but most of our players are more than talented enough to do their jobs well, with some consistency. Don't tell me we love Santi and now LT because they are short....or GDZ because he has long hair...
I wouldn't want to derail this thread cause it's about Chelsea and City. We can continue in the Arsenal thread, but I'd appreciate some explanation on how players that don't seem to understand their roles have gone 21 games unbeaten. Seems like you love a moan no matter what. 21 games isn't consistent I see. I love Santi, LT, and Xhaka as well. I've just noticed that you always love the ones that don't play for Arsenal, and moan that we missed out for some reason or the other. For the ones Arsenal managed to get, they are mostly crap. I mean, if moaning is what you enjoy, it's OK.
Last edited by Cally on Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:City won at Emirates; won at wembley; beat ManU and were a late missed pk away from a win Anefield. Ironically, Liverpool played with the most caution of those teams and the only one to get a result. But wait: why give City ‘too much’ respect? Amnesia is a terrible disease.
The amnesia is ironically yours!

Pep himself stated after the game that they played cautiously to negate Liverpool’s strength.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/guard ... nse-180307
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Chelsea vs Manchester city 1-0 (N’Golo) 2H

Post by balo »

anikulapo wrote:Jorginho has been lost in this game

Watch the game and you won't see Jorginho. Watch Jorginho and will see the game.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:City won at Emirates; won at wembley; beat ManU and were a late missed pk away from a win Anefield. Ironically, Liverpool played with the most caution of those teams and the only one to get a result. But wait: why give City ‘too much’ respect? Amnesia is a terrible disease.

Pep himself stated after the game that they played cautiously to negate Liverpool’s strength.

That doesn’t dispute my assertion that Klopp played it cautiously. Not only was Klopp cautious on that day, but Liverpool has played more conservatively overall this season than last season regardless of the opposition and Klopp has acknowledged same. So it’s ok for Klopp to adjust and press less than usual to achieve his teams objectives but not ok for Sarri to adjust his tactics abi?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

That doesn’t dispute my assertion that Klopp played it cautiously. Not only was Klopp cautious on that day, but Liverpool has played more conservatively overall this season than last season regardless of the opposition and Klopp has acknowledged same. So it’s ok for Klopp to adjust and press less than usual to achieve his teams objectives but not ok for Sarri to adjust his tactics abi?

I'm just saying generally, that there is far too much respect given to City in England and across the English speaking media/pundits.

I have no qualms with the tactical adjustments. My point is that far too many managers/teams are not making the right adjustments to be competitive against City.

I did note here that the full measure of Sarri's tactics was not clear to me until the 2HF.

City is very good; but I maintain that they are not at the stratospheric level that they are being placed...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp