Chelsea vs Manchester city 2-0 (N’Golo, DL) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Chelsea vs Manchester city 2-0 (N’Golo, DL) FT

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chelsea vs Manchester city 1-0 (N’Golo) 2H

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:@ G4L

Too much respect for City in England
Yep but with good reason now. They’ve been dominating all comers so far. Let’s not develop amnesia suddenly because Chelsea won today. Klopp pretty much played them the same way too - at Anefield.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

bepanda wrote:Unai Emery i sonly 7 points behind the leaders. I think Arsenal has a shot at this EPL title thing.
Let's go Gunners.
Same odds as ManU making top 5. :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cito wrote:
bepanda wrote:Unai Emery i sonly 7 points behind the leaders. I think Arsenal has a shot at this EPL title thing.
Let's go Gunners.
Same odds as ManU making top 5. :taunt:
Assanal spammers sure likes to be counted..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Let's go Gunners.

you are funny. Did you see how serious players balled in this game, while Arsenal is parading junks like Xhaka?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chelsea vs Manchester city 1-0 (N’Golo) 2H

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:@ G4L

Too much respect for City in England
Yep but with good reason now. They’ve been dominating all comers so far. Let’s not develop amnesia suddenly because Chelsea won today. Klopp pretty much played them the same way too - at Anefield.
They are not worth that stratospheric level of respect, and I don't say that simply cus of this result. They are not that level of good.

And at Anfield, Pep admitted he slowed the game down and played cautiously to avoid the LFC counterpress...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

balo wrote:
They were warned.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Let's go Gunners.
Sssshhh, they won't see it coming.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

City lost today. Guess I have to show my face here before some dolt starts claiming I only show up when we win :(
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Good game for Chelsea. Didn't deserve the lead, but deserved the win.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

spastic wrote:Good game for Chelsea. Didn't deserve the lead, but deserved the win.
Fortune favors the brave. You deserve what you work for. Good game by both teams. The key to get a result from this sort of game is to score first. That said, one injury too many may have caught up with City today.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

spastic wrote:City lost today. Guess I have to show my face here before some dolt starts claiming I only show up when we win :(
:mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Sore loser. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

spastic wrote:City lost today. Guess I have to show my face here before some dolt starts claiming I only show up when we win :(
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

where were you when you are in the lower division

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

green4life wrote:
spastic wrote:Good game for Chelsea. Didn't deserve the lead, but deserved the win.
Fortune favors the brave. You deserve what you work for. Good game by both teams. The key to get a result from this sort of game is to score first. That said, one injury too many may have caught up with City today.
I think the key to this kind of game is a psychological one and that basically brings us back to Txj's point about too much respect.
That's what Chelsea were doing in the first half. When you have too much respect for a team, you forget your own strengths and even lose them - which makes your opponent even stronger and the vicious circle continues.
Fortunately, Chelsea broke that circle, probably undeservedly, but they built on it and the rest is now history. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Damunk wrote:
green4life wrote:
I think the key to this kind of game is a psychological one and that basically brings us back to Txj's point about too much respect.
That's what Chelsea were doing in the first half. When you have too much respect for a team, you forget your own strengths and even lose them - which makes your opponent even stronger and the vicious cycle continues.
Fortunately, Chelsea broke that cycle, probably undeservedly, but they built on it and the rest is now history. :thumb:
Chelsea reverted to their default mode for big games. I am happy to see that they can still defend when it matters most. It has served them very well over the last 10+ seasons so old habits will creep up when up against it. Liverpool played pretty much the same way at Anefield and were lucky to escape with a goalless draw. I don’t know what ‘too much respect’ means when facing this City team. What you need is a pragmatic approach that ensures to get a result. Also, events don’t occur in a vacuum. This Chelsea team hasn’t been playing well the last 4 or 5 games and were far from their highest level of confidence. They just lost 1-2 to wolves playing without giving them much respect and you expect them to play the same way against City and expect to win? Really? :lol:

A good manager will device a plan to allow his team steadily grow into the game. Therefore Sarri has the right approach and it paid off.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
green4life wrote:
That's what Chelsea were doing in the first half. When you have too much respect for a team, you forget your own strengths and even lose them - which makes your opponent even stronger and the vicious cycle continues.
Fortunately, Chelsea broke that cycle, probably undeservedly, but they built on it and the rest is now history. :thumb:
Chelsea reverted to their default mode for big games. I am happy to see that they can still defend when it matters most. It has served them very well over the last 10+ seasons so old habits will creep up when up against it. Liverpool played pretty much the same way at Anefield and were lucky to escape with a goalless draw. I don’t know what ‘too much respect’ means when facing this City team. What you need is a pragmatic approach that ensures to get a result. Also, events don’t occur in a vacuum. This Chelsea team hasn’t been playing well the last 4 or 5 games and were far from their highest level of confidence. They just lost 1-2 to wolves playing without giving them much respect and you expect them to play the same way against City and expect to win? Really? :lol:

A good manager will device a plan to allow his team steadily grow into the game. Therefore Sarri has the right approach and it paid off.
Sarri just said he ask his players to watch City Lyon both games and the Liverpool game.Lyon play this city off the park
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
green4life wrote:
Chelsea reverted to their default mode for big games. I am happy to see that they can still defend when it matters most. It has served them very well over the last 10+ seasons so old habits will creep up when up against it. Liverpool played pretty much the same way at Anefield and were lucky to escape with a goalless draw. I don’t know what ‘too much respect’ means when facing this City team.
Simple.
It means you believe you will be second best to every ball because they are better.
It means you lack conviction in trying to beat your man because they are better.
It means you lose faith in even your own ability because things just aren't working out the way you are used to.
Its a tiny margin of performance that is lost both individually and collectively but it makes a huge, huge difference to overall team performance.
If however you've got the technical tools as Chelsea clearly have, then they can do damage with a little bit of self-belief.

What you need is a pragmatic approach that ensures to get a result. Also, events don’t occur in a vacuum. This Chelsea team hasn’t been playing well the last 4 or 5 games and were far from their highest level of confidence.
This doesn't take away from anything I've said about the mind game. Nonetheless, a pragmatic approach doesn't ensure anything if you get it wrong. Maybe it was their idea of pragmatism that got them dominated by Man City almost all of the first half

They just lost 1-2 to wolves playing without giving them much respect and you expect them to play the same way against City and expect to win? Really? :lol:
Who said that? Strawman. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm sure you didn't really believe I was saying that.
If anything, your argument further underlines what I'm saying about self-belief and the lack of it.
Agreed, but I'm pretty sure in addition he told them basically "you are better than this."
They obviously needed reminding. :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kajifu wrote:
green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
green4life wrote:

Sarri just said he ask his players to watch City Lyon both games and the Liverpool game.Lyon play this city off the park
I didn't watch the City-Lyon games but I suspect Lyon were not overwhelmed by the Man City reputation because they don't play in the same league. Man City haven't acquired the world-wide reputation that Barca and Real have and benefit from, so its down to '11 vs 11" as we say in Naija. :)

I noticed that the European teams, even those of a lesser quality than their EPL counterparts, play much better against Man City. I believe this is partly because they are free from any 'over-respect' the EPL teams have for Man City and as a consequence suffer from.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Damunk wrote:
green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
green4life wrote:
Chelsea reverted to their default mode for big games. I am happy to see that they can still defend when it matters most. It has served them very well over the last 10+ seasons so old habits will creep up when up against it. Liverpool played pretty much the same way at Anefield and were lucky to escape with a goalless draw. I don’t know what ‘too much respect’ means when facing this City team.
Simple.
It means you believe you will be second best to every ball because they are better.
It means you lack conviction in trying to beat your man because they are better.
It means you lose faith in even your own ability because things just aren't working out the way you are used to.
Its a tiny margin of performance that is lost both individually and collectively but it makes a huge, huge difference to overall team performance.
If however you've got the technical tools as Chelsea clearly have, then they can do damage with a little bit of self-belief.

What you need is a pragmatic approach that ensures to get a result. Also, events don’t occur in a vacuum. This Chelsea team hasn’t been playing well the last 4 or 5 games and were far from their highest level of confidence.
This doesn't take away from anything I've said about the mind game. Nonetheless, a pragmatic approach doesn't ensure anything if you get it wrong. Maybe it was their idea of pragmatism that got them dominated by Man City almost all of the first half

They just lost 1-2 to wolves playing without giving them much respect and you expect them to play the same way against City and expect to win? Really? :lol:
Who said that? Strawman. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm sure you didn't really believe I was saying that.
If anything, your argument further underlines what I'm saying about self-belief and the lack of it.
Agreed, but I'm pretty sure in addition he told them basically "you are better than this."
They obviously needed reminding. :idea:
All this rebuttal in a game Chelsea won 2-0, handing City their first loss in forever, and with Kepa hardly having to make any proper save. That’s why I don’t get your point. :lol: