River Plate 3 v 1 Boca Junior 2LG [5-3 Agg]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: River Plate 1 v 1 Boca Junior 2LG [3-3 Agg]

Post by Undertaker »

I have a question, where did all these fans come from? Don't tell me they traveled from Argentina to come watch this match?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: River Plate 3 v 1 Boca Junior 2LG [5-3 Agg]

Post by ohsee »

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Damn
Damn
Damn
What a scam,
What a sham!
(copyright Clifton Joseph, dub poet)
What am I going to do about this my okongwu brain? I was busy looking for the game all over the world on beinSports Arabia, beinSports US, beinSports UK, for whia? I finally gave up and was going to look for the scores when I saw it was being shown on BT Sports 1. :mad: See speed wey I take run go TV.

I just arrived to see the last breakaway goal. Kai! And I heard it was a cracker of a game. :mad:

Anyway, congrats to River Plate. There is justice after all. Next time I will look on intanet to find where they will be showing the game. What is the point of having every known channel in the world via IPTV if you cannot find the game? :mad:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ohsee wrote::mad: :mad: :mad:
Damn
Damn
Damn
What a scam,
What a sham!
What am I going to do about this my okongwu brain? I was busy looking for the game all over the world on beinSports Arabia, beinSports US, beinSports UK, for whia? I finally gave up and was going to look for the scores when I saw it was being shown on BT Sports 1. :mad: See speed wey I take run go TV.

I just arrived to see the last breakaway goal. Kai! And I heard it was a cracker of a game. :mad:

Anyway, congrats to River Plate. There is justice after all. Next time I will look on intanet to find where they will be showing the game. What is the point of having every known channel in the world via IPTV if you cannot find the game? :mad:
Sorry Dede Ohsee.. I watched it via iptv oh.. I most missed it as well,uckily for me my colleague in the office a Brasilian texted me that the match was on.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

oloye wrote:
ohsee wrote::mad: :mad: :mad:
Damn
Damn
Damn
What a scam,
What a sham!

Sorry Dede Ohsee.. I watched it via iptv oh.. I most missed it as well,uckily for me my colleague in the office a Brasilian texted me that the match was on.
Chief oloye, next time, I will just ask you. This thing don vex me tire. Anyway, I hear they will show the game again on BT 2 at 9.am UK time or 4am Toronto time. Maybe I go record am.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Argentina na senior football country o

Wha choo looking at?!
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

The game was very sloppy but it certainly lived up to the hype and the winning goal was a cracker. River deserved to win as they were the better side even prior to the red card and were denied a clear PK in the second half. Why can't Argentina produce good defenders anymore? From the country that once brought us Ayala, Samuel, Zanetti, etc now has a bunch of junk defenders as we once again saw today. Nonetheless, one of the most entertaining finals I've ever seen :thumb:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

BTW, you guys think this is 2010? Tevez is 34 years old and has averaged 5 league goals a season the last 3 years. He couldn't even cut it in the Chinese league.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Heliopolis wrote:The game was very sloppy but it certainly lived up to the hype and the winning goal was a cracker. River deserved to win as they were the better side even prior to the red card and were denied a clear PK in the second half. Why can't Argentina produce good defenders anymore? From the country that once brought us Ayala, Samuel, Zanetti, etc now has a bunch of junk defenders as we once again saw today. Nonetheless, one of the most entertaining finals I've ever seen :thumb:
You are listing great Argentina defenders and you left out Diego Pablo Simeone, Sensini, Chamot and Ruggieri? :shock: Don't let me report you to the mods :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:The game was very sloppy but it certainly lived up to the hype and the winning goal was a cracker. River deserved to win as they were the better side even prior to the red card and were denied a clear PK in the second half. Why can't Argentina produce good defenders anymore? From the country that once brought us Ayala, Samuel, Zanetti, etc now has a bunch of junk defenders as we once again saw today. Nonetheless, one of the most entertaining finals I've ever seen :thumb:
You are listing great Argentina defenders and you left out Diego Pablo Simeone, Sensini, Chamot and Ruggieri? :shock: Don't let me report you to the mods :mrgreen:
Simeone was a DM. I initially had Sensini in there but didn't want to get too wordy. There are too many to list.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Heliopolis wrote:BTW, you guys think this is 2010? Tevez is 34 years old and has averaged 5 league goals a season the last 3 years. He couldn't even cut it in the Chinese league.
He is still better than that sumo wrestler, he may not score buy someone like him can still create something on a historic night
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I said this before but...

Boca got too gung ho right at the end. With their GK up for a corner and in the opposition penalty area, why did: (a) they put their LAST defender on the edge of the River area, and (b) said last defender try to attack the ball when he knew that he was the last man and that the only thing behind him was wide open space and an open goal for River to score in?

At least they should have had someone on the halfway line just in case River cleared the corner.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: River Plate 1 v 1 Boca Junior 2LG [3-3 Agg]

Post by kalani JR »

Undertaker wrote:I have a question, where did all these fans come from? Don't tell me they traveled from Argentina to come watch this match?
Some did, some where locals. It's Boca and River in the Copa Lib. diehard footy fans know what's up.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

wiseone wrote:I said this before but...

Boca got too gung ho right at the end. With their GK up for a corner and in the opposition penalty area, why did: (a) they put their LAST defender on the edge of the River area, and (b) said last defender try to attack the ball when he knew that he was the last man and that the only thing behind him was wide open space and an open goal for River to score in?

At least they should have had someone on the halfway line just in case River cleared the corner.
Doesn't matter whether you lose 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, etc. Boca needed to equalize and threw everything but the kitchen sink. Like you said, they understandably lost their composure and tactical discipline at the end given the stakes and emotions at hand. Anyways, I would rather go for broke and lose my 2 than employ cowardly tactics that Mourinho and some other coaches do when they're down a goal and decide to sit back cautiously to avoid a heavy defeat rather than actually try to equalize and win the game.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Kai! Commentators

[/video]
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

By all means, throw the kitchen sink at them in the last minute. However there was room to be rational as well. Putting your entire team inside or on the edge of the opposition penalty area (when your GK is out of his goal and is hanging around in their 6 yard box!) is madness - even in the last minute.
Heliopolis wrote: Doesn't matter whether you lose 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, etc. Boca needed to equalize and threw everything but the kitchen sink. Like you said, they understandably lost their composure and tactical discipline at the end given the stakes and emotions at hand. Anyways, I would rather go for broke and lose my 2 than employ cowardly tactics that Mourinho and some other coaches do when they're down a goal and decide to sit back cautiously to avoid a heavy defeat rather than actually try to equalize and win the game.