River Plate 3 v 1 Boca Junior 2LG [5-3 Agg]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
River Plate 3 v 1 Boca Junior 2LG [5-3 Agg]

Post by Its a Goal »

This is one most heated rivalry in football. 2 Argentinian teams that hate each other with a passion. First leg ended 2-2 about a month ago and when the 2nd leg was supposed to be replayed Boca Junior players found themselves under massive attack from the fans of River Plate. It was so bad that the match was called off and the replay pushed out of the country for sake of security. A very interesting match. If you can catch now it is worth your while.

0-0 at the moment but expect fireworks.
Last edited by Its a Goal on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: River Plate v Boca Junior 2LG [2-2 Agg]

Post by Its a Goal »

How Boca didn't score is a mystery. Should have been 1 nil to Boca.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Boa Junior takes the lead. Quick counter attack.

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

This is end to end stuff.............. every entertaining match so far
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Agh na here una dey... I don dey run one man commentary for the old Libertadores thread.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Na that one dem dey call devastating counter... If you time it, it will break the 100m record for speed.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The two River Plate center half's committed defensive harakiri... Jumping into tackles and going down when they should have stayed on their feet.

As for the fans, I hope the police and ambulance services are waiting on standby. Game never end some fans don begin cry...

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: River Plate 0 v 1 Boca Junior 2LG [2-3 Agg]

Post by Its a Goal »

Those guys play with so much passion. I just hope it ends without violence.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

That was a foul against the keeper naw.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Damn, these guys know how to leave one on.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Its a Goal wrote:That was a foul against the keeper naw.

beautiful goal by RP
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Plate gets the equalizer. What a goal. See the emotion of the fans.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Now that is how you fork out a Goal... See movement of the ball

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:Now that is how you fork out a Goal... See movement of the ball
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Chief Ogbunigwe on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

These Boca players do not have any sense, always dribbling into cul de sacs

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote: Now that is how you fork out a Goal... See movement of the ball
Incredible the rate of speed of the ball travels when they pass.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote: Now that is how you fork out a Goal... See movement of the ball
Incredible the rate of speed of the ball travels when they pass.
There is a left footed guy in the middle for River Plate the pace with which he pings those passes, it keeps cutting right through Boca defence

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: River Plate 1 v 1 Boca Junior 2LG [3-3 Agg]

Post by oloye »

Boca needs the magic of Tevez, instead they brought on a striker with almost zero mobility to come and tap in a game they have barely made it past the center line

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Is that Carlos Tevez? Indirect free kick in dangerous area
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Unbelievable call. Indirect freekick inside the 18 instead of a direct. How often do you see that?

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That ref is looking for trouble, why blow when nothing happened... Now he chickened out of a penalty

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Actually refreshing to see that some refs still remember that there is indirect free kick. These days, it is direct or PK for every infringement.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:That ref is looking for trouble, why blow when nothing happened... Now he chickened out of a penalty

no, he was correct. Remember the original rules called for indirect free kicks for dangerous play, like high boot. Unless the rules have been changed.
Remember he raised his hand vertically as soon as he blew the whistle.
Last edited by Chief Ogbunigwe on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFCON 2019 sweet o