Isaac Success v Everton...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Isaac Success v Everton...

Post by metalalloy »

Decoure!!1 :clap:

2-1
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Super goal. 2-1 Watford

Off a foul on Success...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Smh as this Watford... silly pk.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Saved!!!!!!

Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

metalalloy wrote:
Polly wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Polly wrote:Still, Troy Deeney has three shots on goal in the half. Isaac has none. I made this point in his last match, someone retorted that he was playing against Man City. I don't care what the difficulties are: as a striker, you cannot give excuses about not shooting. Nobody is on the pitch to "comot for road" for you to score.

How does Deeney have three shots on goal when Watford has only 1 shot on target? :?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/matchstats?gameId=513688

But go on... don't let the truth get in the way of your narrative.
Watford has eight shots on goal so far (to Everton's six).
There is a difference between "Shots" and "Shots on goal." Watford has 1 shot on goal.

They just had their second shot on goal that was saved.
I think you are a little confused. "Shots on goal" is different from "shots on target." I never alluded to shots on target.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ademola Lookman already causing problems on that right wing..

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Polly wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Polly wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Polly wrote:Still, Troy Deeney has three shots on goal in the half. Isaac has none. I made this point in his last match, someone retorted that he was playing against Man City. I don't care what the difficulties are: as a striker, you cannot give excuses about not shooting. Nobody is on the pitch to "comot for road" for you to score.

How does Deeney have three shots on goal when Watford has only 1 shot on target? :?

There is a difference between "Shots" and "Shots on goal." Watford has 1 shot on goal.

I think you are a little confused. "Shots on goal" is different from "shots on target." I never alluded to shots on target.
Whats the difference?

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Success off and so am i.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Success done...good game

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Interest level in this match has gone with Success off, except maybe check out Lukman (who is probably not going to play for us)
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I am still disappointed Success didn't score .... He is striker and needs to score
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

hopefully they don't regret taking him off
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Flex Swift wrote:I am still disappointed Success didn't score .... He is striker and needs to score
He does. However, a striker can still be of value even if he doesn't score. He created numerous chances for Watford today when he was fouled repeatedly outside the box. I counted at least 5. He had a decent game today.

shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

metalalloy wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:I am still disappointed Success didn't score .... He is striker and needs to score
He does. However, a striker can still be of value even if he doesn't score. He created numerous chances for Watford today when he was fouled repeatedly outside the box. I counted at least 5. He had a decent game today.
That's mainly the thing going for him at the moment (and that makes him invaluable to the Watford team)

Hopefully he adds better movement and good strike rate.
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

metalalloy wrote:
Polly wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Polly wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Whats the difference?
A shot on goal is an attempt by a team to score (shooting, headers, dead balls, etc). It may be saved or blocked, or it may miss to the right or left of the goal, or go over the bar.

A shot on target is a shot on goal that is saved by the goalkeeper or any of his teammates. Shots on target are therefore a subset of shorts on goal. In the ongoing match in the 91st minute, Watford is 14(3): 14 shots on goal, three on target.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Flex Swift wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:I never thought I would say this but......... Ighalo is a better player then this Success guy.
Curious though .. what is the basis of comparison ? ..not questioning your assertion , just wondering if you could give more context

At no time has Success looked like scoring , he holds onto the ball for to long in midfield. He needs to get into the box more and he needs to score. he also needs to create chances inside the box. Ighalo stayed in the box and played closer the Deeny.
Thanks. I think he and Pereya ( sp) are being played as Wingers/Midfielder combo - hence they are in the midfield more than in the box.

Deeney is the one The coach wants in the box.. this coach is different and plays a different formation from he coach that had Ighalo.

But I agree with you on the fact that he does not drive and go for goal... Walcott na winger on the opposing side and drives towards goal and shoots at goal..

Even Pereya drives and shoots towards goal sef and scores sef.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I am a little worried for my boy. He does little things well and you can see he is a cerebral player. But this was like his 5th start in a row and he hasn't scored. If in January, a striker is signed, the pressure on him will mount. I just hope he hasn't used up his goodwill. Gracia took a bold step in playing him as much as he has, and the only way to reward that is with goals. He just hasn't done that.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Should have left him on.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Somebody needs to monitor the account of that Kebosele guy at Watford...

First he gave away a stupid PK. It got saved.

Then undeterred, he gives away a needless handball just outside his box to gift Everton the equalizer...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

bushboy wrote:I am a little worried for my boy. He does little things well and you can see he is a cerebral player. But this was like his 5th start in a row and he hasn't scored. If in January, a striker is signed, the pressure on him will mount. I just hope he hasn't used up his goodwill. Gracia took a bold step in playing him as much as he has, and the only way to reward that is with goals. He just hasn't done that.
Deeney should be concerned if they buy a striker.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I thought Success played quite well. He was a threat. They should find a way to get him much closer to the opponent's 18 yard box, maybe he'd be much more dangerous there. Good game.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Success was great and was a threat. He needs to add goals to his resume though... He is doing everything else right. But to become indispensible he needs goals.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Polly wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Polly wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Polly wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Whats the difference?
A shot on goal is an attempt by a team to score (shooting, headers, dead balls, etc). It may be saved or blocked, or it may miss to the right or left of the goal, or go over the bar.

A shot on target is a shot on goal that is saved by the goalkeeper or any of his teammates. Shots on target are therefore a subset of shorts on goal. In the ongoing match in the 91st minute, Watford is 14(3): 14 shots on goal, three on target.
Thank you. No offense, but do you have a source for these definitions? The reason i ask is because i have always seen both "shot on goal" and "shot on target" used interchangeably. See example stats from todays game:

shots on target: Premier league website and transfermkt
https://www.premierleague.com/match/38463
https://www.transfermarkt.com/ticker/st ... ve/3050322

shot on goal: soccernet

as you can see. all of them have the exact same stats:

shots : Everton (12) Watford (15)
(on goal)/target: Everton (5) Watford (3)

From what I've seen, a shot on goal/target is a subset of a "shot". I stand to be corrected, but I've never seen a difference between "shot on target" vs "shot on goal".