All 4 English teams through to CL knockout stages ....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The real deal
Egg
Egg
Re: All 4 English teams through to CL knockout stages ....

Post by The real deal »

Kabalega wrote:
txj wrote:One of the most unfortunate developments in followership of the modern game has been the miseducation of fans by the English speaking media. This thread being a perfect example of this...
Please understand that our Zimbabwean bros have no sense of ID, especially in footie.
So, their attachment to everything England, even British, is a desperate attempt to find one.

Personally, I just offer them prayers at this point, because they appear to be beyond help.

kai! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote:
txj wrote:One of the most unfortunate developments in followership of the modern game has been the miseducation of fans by the English speaking media. This thread being a perfect example of this...
Please understand that our Zimbabwean bros have no sense of ID, especially in footie.
So, their attachment to everything England, even British, is a desperate attempt to find one.

Personally, I just offer them prayers at this point, because they appear to be beyond help.
I am perfectly happy to ignore comments like these which have nothing to do with the thread and mock a whole nation :biggrin:

All I want is to return to this thread when we get an all EPL finals :thumbs: :thumbs:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

[quote="txj"]One of the most unfortunate developments in followership of the modern game has been the miseducation of fans by the English speaking media. This thread being a perfect example of this...[/quote]

But chief, why must you look down on me because i have a different opinion to yours.
It's not fair bra. I didn't insult anyone :biggrin:

Come let's discuss EPL chances of a clean sweep :thumbs:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
But chief, why must you look down on me because i have a different opinion to yours.

Lets visit this thread Monday with the draw for a start,UEFA might decide to pair EPL with some tough teams like I said to kill their chances.
Only City and Liverpool look like a team that can beat any team in a match up.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Kabalega wrote: Please understand that our Zimbabwean bros have no sense of ID, especially in footie.

http://www.naijiant.com/
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cic old boy wrote:
Kabalega wrote: Please understand that our Zimbabwean bros have no sense of ID, especially in footie.

The guy finished me :laugh:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:
benteke wrote:

Lets visit this thread Monday with the draw for a start,UEFA might decide to pair EPL with some tough teams like I said to kill their chances.
Only City and Liverpool look like a team that can beat any team in a match up.
I don't teams from the same league can be drawn together yet ?
But i am rubbing my hands with glee i cannot wait any longer :thumbs:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Liverpool are the best equipped of the English teams. Closely followed by City. Sometimes I feel that City's defence has a mistake in them. Would be interesting to see how they will cope against world class forwards like Lewa, Messi, and CR7, or teams like Bayern, Barca, or Juve that would attack them and not sick back with 10 men behind the ball.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

benteke wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
benteke wrote:
King Futcha wrote:i think the same thread was made last year when all five team qualified. and... :)
Liverpool in the CL Final.
silver medal, congrats.
Had City not faced Liverpool, then mostly likely it would have been and all English final
benteke my guy, why are you forgetting my boys the great Royals of Madrid? Who was going to beat them last season? They may not make it this season (why did you leave Zizou?) but who would have beaten them last season?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

wiseone wrote:Liverpool are the best equipped of the English teams. Closely followed by City. Sometimes I feel that City's defence has a mistake in them. Would be interesting to see how they will cope against world class forwards like Lewa, Messi, and CR7, or teams like Bayern, Barca, or Juve that would attack them and not sick back with 10 men behind the ball.
Chief, Liverpool's forwards are not clicking like they did last year. Dunno why. But their defence is solid.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

So you agree with me then...

:D
ohsee wrote: Chief, Liverpool's forwards are not clicking like they did last year. Dunno why. But their defence is solid.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

ohsee wrote:
wiseone wrote:Liverpool are the best equipped of the English teams. Closely followed by City. Sometimes I feel that City's defence has a mistake in them. Would be interesting to see how they will cope against world class forwards like Lewa, Messi, and CR7, or teams like Bayern, Barca, or Juve that would attack them and not sick back with 10 men behind the ball.
Chief, Liverpool's forwards are not clicking like they did last year. Dunno why. But their defence is solid.

I think this season Liverpool sacrificed attacking and all out gegenpressing for a more defensive tactic where they want clean sheets.
These days Liverpool chooses it's attacking, it's not as frenetic as last season all out counter attack.

As for sure there has to be a balance. Mourinho also said as much, that he was defending last season in order to hide deficiencies, but it affected attack.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

And there are 2 teams that will surprise a lot of people this time in CL, Manchester United and Tottenham Spurs.
Watch that space
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd are too predictable to trouble the high quality teams in Europe. That Juve win was flukey.
benteke wrote:And there are 2 teams that will surprise a lot of people this time in CL, Manchester United and Tottenham Spurs.
Watch that space