goal balogun

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
goal balogun

Post by jette1 »

gifted to chesky
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: goal balogun

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote:gifted to chesky
Very poor pass by him.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote:
Very poor pass by him.
reinforces the notion he is the weakest link in SE

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Its really myopic of anyone (including you) to suggest that he is the weakest link in the SE.
For starters, the only thing wrong with the pass was that it was read and intercepted before getting to its intended target by Willian (something Willian successfully did at least 3 or 4 other times during the match). Unfortunately for Balogun, as soon as he intercepted the pass, he fed an open Hazard at the center line, and it was a footrace towards goal, which Hazard was going to win against ANY defender in the world.
Balogun has always outperformed (or played as good as) any other defender in our back line over the past 2 years. Even against SA, when he wasn't getting much game time in BHA, he still was head and shoulders above the other two center backs that played the match.
Calling him the weakest link is highly disingenuous on your part, to say the least!
jette1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Very poor pass by him.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The poor pass aside, he had a good game. But in fairness, passing is not Balogun’s strength. He’s old school style in the mold of a Cahill type defender.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Otitokoro wrote:Its really myopic of anyone (including you) to suggest that he is the weakest link in the SE.
For starters, the only thing wrong with the pass was that it was read and intercepted before getting to its intended target by Willian (something Willian successfully did at least 3 or 4 other times during the match). Unfortunately for Balogun, as soon as he intercepted the pass, he fed an open Hazard at the center line, and it was a footrace towards goal, which Hazard was going to win against ANY defender in the world.
Balogun has always outperformed (or played as good as) any other defender in our back line over the past 2 years. Even against SA, when he wasn't getting much game time in BHA, he still was head and shoulders above the other two center backs that played the match.
Calling him the weakest link is highly disingenuous on your part, to say the least!
jette1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Very poor pass by him.
:lol: :rotf: :lol: “the only wrong with the pass was that it was read and intercepted”
Wao!! Really !! :shock: what else supposed to be wrong with it :shock: :lol: :lol: :roll: