Liverpool 3 v 1 Man Utd

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 3 v 1 Man Utd

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:Fabinho, MoM for me...

Agree.

One of my fave players is Firmino. Very consistent and hard-working, whether or not he scores or records assists. Very intelligent player, and makes good decisions on the ball.
Kpom. Mane also had a very good game. That goal he scored was Pelesque. :D While the third musketeer, Salah, has started scoring goals, he is still very inconsistent, and was not at the top of his game today. But Liverpool seem to be getting better by the day. Hopefully, when they meet yeye City again, they will show dem pepper.

On the contrary, Salah was quite good today as a CENTRAL STRIKER, which has been his role this season.

But I agree, they are coming along, but not quite there...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

He came to ball today. Great distribution and was always available as an outlet
Oga m' metal, I am still waiting for your boy Keita to wow me oh! I kept shaking my head whenever he got the ball because I knew he would spoil it.

You should watch him vs Burnley. But I agree, its taking him quite sometime to get in the proper mix of things...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Right now the board are seriously taking the living piss at United, tbey stand to lose the goodwill of the fans worldwide, they better act before the fans push Mourinho out
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:How can United be playing Liverpool and you have Mata and Pogba riding the pine.. And then you look at Herera a headless bunny, Matic a blind midfielder and wait for it Fellini a lumberjack pretending to be slugging it out with Liverpool in the midfield.... Only a mischievous coach will produce such a line up

do you remember when Mourinho at Chelsea (second stint) was bragging that he could win the EPL with the players Arsenal had, and even re-iterated "with each and every one of them"? I guess he was just trolling Wenger, as he now has better players, and he is languishing near the bottom :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Surely the board cannot let this charade continue?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

marko wrote:Surely the board cannot let this charade continue?
What options do they have out there?

Zidane would be a great choice but he has no experience and probably desire to deal with player dealings. Bringing him on with Woodward would be a disaster!
So, Zidane with a good technical director would be a great choice.

Mourinho is done with club footie.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ohsee wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

He came to ball today. Great distribution and was always available as an outlet
Oga m' metal, I am still waiting for your boy Keita to wow me oh! I kept shaking my head whenever he got the ball because I knew he would spoil it.

I know. He will come correct.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liv 1 v 1 ManU

Post by Kabalega »

oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:who is that number 20 for Man U that looks like a fake Hazard
Another hype called Dalot... How Manu got saddled with players that won't even make teams like Brighton is a nystery
See Jose Mourinho already planning ahead for the Portuguese coaching job. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Agree.

One of my fave players is Firmino. Very consistent and hard-working, whether or not he scores or records assists. Very intelligent player, and makes good decisions on the ball.
Kpom. Mane also had a very good game. That goal he scored was Pelesque. :D While the third musketeer, Salah, has started scoring goals, he is still very inconsistent, and was not at the top of his game today. But Liverpool seem to be getting better by the day. Hopefully, when they meet yeye City again, they will show dem pepper.

On the contrary, Salah was quite good today as a CENTRAL STRIKER, which has been his role this season.

But I agree, they are coming along, but not quite there...
His playing a different role only explains part of what is going on. I think he is still getting back into the groove after the injury. I am looking forward to the day when all three musketeers will start firing like they did last season, and will be backed by a solid defence and midfield.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Kabalega wrote:

Zidane would be a great choice but he has no experience and probably desire to deal with player dealings. Bringing him on with Woodward would be a disaster!

Anything right now is an option! When Mourinho left Chelsea, what happened to them the following season? They won the league, Zidane or whoever, confidence is low and the players dont want him anymore, thank goodness Pogba did not play or he will be getting cursed out! We can no longer match the top teams and that says a lot!

Marko
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

marko wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Anything right now is an option! When Mourinho left Chelsea, what happened to them the following season? They won the league, Zidane or whoever, confidence is low and the players dont want him anymore, thank goodness Pogba did not play or he will be getting cursed out! We can no longer match the top teams and that says a lot!
Jose Mourinho was forced onto the ManU board by bankers, financiers.
Even after all the disappointment, I don't think they are ready to accept a coach with no pedigree.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Kabalega wrote:
marko wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Jose Mourinho was forced onto the ManU board by bankers, financiers.
Even after all the disappointment, I don't think they are ready to accept a coach with no pedigree.
They will have something else to think about soon! Patience is running thin at United, at least he said Pogba is not playong because he wants intensity and aggresiveness, his words, well i did not see either in 90 minutes! All i saw were defenders shooting the ball hoping for Lukaku to latch on to it

Total disgrace of a football game, like i said, the board can surely not let this charade continue, they ate losing goodwill fast

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Our Ralf ends an unbeaten run armed with Danny Ings and Nathan Redmond, Chief Oga Mourinho is hammered by Die Gegen Boys and the rhetoric will be, as ever, the workman’s tools. Who goes under the bus tonight? Isn’t it time Brexit got some of the blame?
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

I don't see Mourinho surviving this. The team is getting worse...they have nothing to lose.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Riche007 wrote:I don't see Mourinho surviving this. The team is getting worse...they have nothing to lose.
He should have gone a long time ago, the board were hoping for a turn around which was never likely to come, thats why i like clubs like real madrid, they sack you at half time

As a man united supporter, i am ashamed of how we play football, what is the board waiting for? When top 4 can no longer be reached so we dont pay him as much ? Or?

If we are relying on champions league, we are in for a rude awakening, the next decent team will take us to the cleaners

Marko
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:It is funny how a lot of pundits were predicting that ManU would get a shellacking today.

One thing I respect Mourinho for is his willingness to bench Pogba. The guy has been a major disappointment since his arrival and feels he is bigger than the manager and the club. Mourinho is showing him that if he won't play to his pattern then his #$% can lay waste on the bench. The lads who are willing to give him 110% should be ones starting.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yep Its a Goat :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The same old British press are pressed to see Pogba dumped by united, now everyone claiming Pogba is the reason why united have declined and he is toxic and what not nonsense, some say he is overrated, some also add France won the world cup because of Mbappe, Kante, Griezmann, if i can remember, Kante had a bad final and had to be subbed, i even forgot Pogba scored, he really came into his own during the knockout stages, all those biased British punters are just jealous and envious, every true football fan knows Pogba was at his best and contributed to France victory

At Juventus, he was a beast of a player, how can he turn out like this? That should be the inquest, why did he play better at Juventus?

If United decide to sell him as the British press are making us believe, who will replace him? What players in world football are capable of selling shirts like Pogba? Apart from Neymar/Mbappe, if they came to united, they will fall out with Mourinho because of his cowardice coaching methods

Mourinho is toxic, everywhere he been, its the same tale, he knows how to market himself with his record when things dont go well for him

He left madrid, they win 3 champions league titiles, he leaves chelsea, they win champions league and premiership

Pogba must be thinking to himself, how on earth did Herrera, Matic and Felliani play instead of him and even played badly!

For the sake of his career, he better leave the premiership and go back to the continent, those mad British press and pundits are in a class of their own

I want him to come back and shove their crap down their throats when he won the world cup!

Marko
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I haven't watched a lot of Man Utd recently but the last time I saw them get dominated like that was vs Barca in the two CL finals. I think the second half of the season will get worse because if the club falls around 15 points back of top 4 it'll be difficult to motivate the players in the league which will result in more poor performances and pressure on Mourinho. I don't see how Mourinho lasts beyond this season.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Where is tfco? I wan ask am sumtin
Don't worry we'll stake him out.

And it'll be brutal when we get him.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:This Herera is a wack midfielder
Glorified butcher. Not even good enough for the likes of Everton. :boo:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Its a Goal wrote:ManU can't seem to take control of the ball.
Tough to trap a bag of cement with a middle trio of herera, matic and fellaini... and that’s even an improvement of their first half duo of just matic + herera (who played as a 4th CB!). How the half ended 1-1 is a miracle. :lol:

Jose is the architect of his own downfall. When they went to the bridge, he showed up with a starting balanced unit that included Pogba, Martial and Mata and deserved to win in a game that ended 2-2. But today he chooses to shoot himself in the foot. Absolute madness. Smh.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf: cruel but true
oloye wrote: You play rubbish with or without Pogba.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Without a doubt.