Liverpool 3 v 1 Man Utd

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 3 v 1 Man Utd

Post by marko »

Was it a co-incidence that both city/ liverpool beat us 3-1 and the goal we scored was gifted in both games? it was to be expected anyway, the gulf in class is way too much, United started with 5 man midfield with an aim to stifle the opposition and come away with a draw, it was never likely to happen, teams have sussed united out, especially the top sides, if we want to park the bus, they change their formaton to ensure we make mistakes and of course we will do

for the 1st 45 mins, we simply could not string 1 or 2 passes together, Liverpool put that strong defender on Lukaku and that was the end to route 1 football, our technique, De Gea shoots a long ball to Lukaku hoping he can head the ball and let Rashford or Lingard feed of scraps, it was so pretty obvious ad laughable at times

Mourinho did not have a plan B, there were 2 ball playing midfielders in Mata/ Pogba, our creative link who were sitting on the bench, as Mourinho said and i quote, we wanted players with aggresiveness and intensity, well i did not see either of the 2, all i saw were misplaced passes everywhere, hererra, who i still like as a player just kept on losing the ball, i will not blame him anyway, the formation was too rigid for him

where do we go from now? the united board need to take action! I will even say Woodward must go, yes he is good at bringing in the revenues but it is our football that made united what it is today, we will start losing fans, corporate money, sponsorship and when this happen, believe me Mourinho will be the least of our issues

As for Mourinho, he needs to go and re-invent himself, nothing against him as an individual, as a manager, he has clearly lost the plot and is living off his impressive CV, look what he did to Mikel at Chelsea, turned him from an attacking midfielder into a water carrier, pass sideways, same thing he tried to do to Pogba who was having none of it, had the same issues with Hazard at Chelsea, Ronaldo at real madrid, creative players have never been his thing, thats why Pogba and Mourinho are a bad fit

Pogba for the sake of his career, needs to leave, to the continent, they do not get harrased by those stupid british media and so-called pundits who have not won anything in their career unlike Pogba, maybe PSG or barcelona? maybe back to Juventus
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Was it a co-incidence that both city/ liverpool beat us 3-1 and the goal we scored was gifted in both games? it was to be expected anyway, the gulf in class is way too much, United started with 5 man midfield with an aim to stifle the opposition and come away with a draw, it was never likely to happen, teams have sussed united out, especially the top sides, if we want to park the bus, they change their formaton to ensure we make mistakes and of course we will do

for the 1st 45 mins, we simply could not string 1 or 2 passes together, Liverpool put that strong defender on Lukaku and that was the end to route 1 football, our technique, De Gea shoots a long ball to Lukaku hoping he can head the ball and let Rashford or Lingard feed of scraps, it was so pretty obvious ad laughable at times

Mourinho did not have a plan B, there were 2 ball playing midfielders in Mata/ Pogba, our creative link who were sitting on the bench, as Mourinho said and i quote, we wanted players with aggresiveness and intensity, well i did not see either of the 2, all i saw were misplaced passes everywhere, hererra, who i still like as a player just kept on losing the ball, i will not blame him anyway, the formation was too rigid for him

where do we go from now? the united board need to take action! I will even say Woodward must go, yes he is good at bringing in the revenues but it is our football that made united what it is today, we will start losing fans, corporate money, sponsorship and when this happen, believe me Mourinho will be the least of our issues

As for Mourinho, he needs to go and re-invent himself, nothing against him as an individual, as a manager, he has clearly lost the plot and is living off his impressive CV, look what he did to Mikel at Chelsea, turned him from an attacking midfielder into a water carrier, pass sideways, same thing he tried to do to Pogba who was having none of it, had the same issues with Hazard at Chelsea, Ronaldo at real madrid, creative players have never been his thing, thats why Pogba and Mourinho are a bad fit

Pogba for the sake of his career, needs to leave, to the continent, they do not get harrased by those stupid british media and so-called pundits who have not won anything in their career unlike Pogba, maybe PSG or barcelona? maybe back to Juventus
:biggrin: that was embarrassing. Surely now after this kind of embarrassment Mourinho should throw all caution to the wind and go all out attacking for the rest of the season in order to salvage his reputation, because after this episode even his biggest fans can no longer defend him, the guy can do better.
Or maybe he is deliberately trying to get sacked, who knows lol
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:Was it a co-incidence that both city/ liverpool beat us 3-1 and the goal we scored was gifted in both games? it was to be expected anyway, the gulf in class is way too much, United started with 5 man midfield with an aim to stifle the opposition and come away with a draw, it was never likely to happen, teams have sussed united out, especially the top sides, if we want to park the bus, they change their formaton to ensure we make mistakes and of course we will do

:biggrin: that was embarrassing. Surely now after this kind of embarrassment Mourinho should throw all caution to the wind and go all out attacking for the rest of the season in order to salvage his reputation, because after this episode even his biggest fans can no longer defend him, the guy can do better.
With the league and all titles out of reach, there is only one motivation left for a mischievous coach.... The severance pay! By the time Jose is done with United some of the players will be needing to see a good shrink to cure them from the battering the rubbish going on would have done to their confidence and ego.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:

he will not play attacking football because he is a coward and is scared that opening up his team will lead to a massive defeat, he rather lose 2-1, 3-1, 3-2 and blame the weather or intensity or say stuff like ohh, liverpool scored when we were playing well, United will not sack him until its mathematically impossible to finish top 4, so we dont have to pay him what he is wishing for, 12 million pounds or even more

Its also possible that Mourinho might engineer his sacking by being erratic with his team list, like he is doing now, leaving Pogba on the bench for 90 minutes based on a personal vendetta rather than sound football judgement, this is aimed at forcing the board to make that decision! will the board take the bait?

even if United drop to 15th or 16th, as far as relegation is not threatened, United hierarchy have all ready written off this season, they made so much money this year and can afford to do without champions league football next season, I doubt they will give Mourinho any money to buy any players

As for the Pogba situation, Mourinho closest confidant claimed he did not want Pogba in the first place and he was only bought to satisfy the commercial dealings with the club, like he was forced on him

so the deal is Mourinho wants him out of the picture claiming he is toxic and having a bad effect on other honest players, United are said to have already re-couped Pogba transfer fees within 1 year in terms of shirt sales and other commercial ventures, they understand what 30 million followers does to a club built on sound commercial activities, so who can replace him with a similar worldwide appeal? the only few players i know will never on earth move to be coached by that footballing coward, so unless united decides to get back to basics and turn united back to a force again

Either that or they call it quits now and appoint an interim manager till the end of the season, just salvage something and make the players comfortable playing without that toxic atsmophere, keeping quiet and hoping the situation changes will certainly not help either
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Honestly, I thought the David Moyes era was atrocious, this period is indeed a calamity and it will take a few years for United to recover from this mess created by Mourinho!! As a Spurs fan though it means one less team fighting for the top four. Lol!!
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Honestly, I thought the David Moyes era was atrocious, this period is indeed a calamity and it will take a few years for United to recover from this mess created by Mourinho!! As a Spurs fan though it means one less team fighting for the top four. Lol!!
Moyes was clearly out of his depth at least was understandable, Sir Alex Ferguson played ethnic politics to give his fellow scots man the job without even considering his record at that level, in Mourinho favour, at least he came with a certain pedigree having won at different clubs, his 2nd season should have been the defining season, started off well but fell off after a few draws and City breaking away, that we were 19 points behind City should have been a warning sign and also all the fall outs with major players, our loss at Seville without trying, then pre-season, all the rants about not given enough money and spending 71 million pounds, our season was doomed

It will get worse, the board is uncharacteristically quiet, they know the time is up but they refuse to make that massive pay out, thats why they rather wait till 4th position can no longer be attained, then they will act, Mourinho might get pissed off though and try to stage an event where the board will have no option!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Man united should never appoint check book managers anymore! the next manager has to sign a deal to mix youth and experience, build for the future, no cunning short cuts to success, if i was Mourinho, in order to do damage limitation to his already tainted career, he should just throw in the towel but i guess that 24 million must be sweet to the belly, dont blame him though, the man has ran out of ideas, his limitations as a coach are there for all to see, this man cannot attract any top players to united, who wants to be thrown under the bus if they have a bad game or 2?

The board too are equally in a limbo, they are stuck with the devil, that man staying beyound his end time is damaging the brand and they know this!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Man united should never appoint check book managers anymore! the next manager has to sign a deal to mix youth and experience, build for the future, no cunning short cuts to success,
:D :D :D :D

which f the top 6 managers is NOT a check book manager?

which of the top 6 managers is mixing youth and experience?

as always, you run from the same Q you ask..

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Man united should never appoint check book managers anymore! the next manager has to sign a deal to mix youth and experience, build for the future, no cunning short cuts to success,
:D :D :D :D

which f the top 6 managers is NOT a check book manager?

which of the top 6 managers is mixing youth and experience?

as always, you run from the same Q you ask..
at least, if you are a check box manager,have the decency to be able to coach your team? Chelsea / Arsenal changed coaches, we see immediate results, Arsenal have improved, the days of Mourinho are numbered

said the days were numbered, well i did not have to wait this long! something was brewing all along, well feel free to follow Mourinho to any club that are stupid enough to hire him!!
Last edited by marko on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well good riddance to bad rubbish!!! hope he learns to keep his mouth shut, as an individual, nothing against him and good luck in his future endeavours!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:well good riddance to bad rubbish!!! hope he learns to keep his mouth shut, as an individual, nothing against him and good luck in his future endeavours!
You guys are lucky sha,i wish he stay through his contract, your club value would have drop to the level of west Ham.Manu very lucky club to wise up and ship this clown out.
Marko who is your choice to replaced the guy?So the board today said they Liverpool performance was in accepted and any manager that display such performance against Liverpool has to leave.So my question is why do your club hate losing to Liverpool than even City?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:well good riddance to bad rubbish!!! hope he learns to keep his mouth shut, as an individual, nothing against him and good luck in his future endeavours!
You guys are lucky sha,i wish he stay through his contract, your club value would have drop to the level of west Ham.Manu very lucky club to wise up and ship this clown out.
Marko who is your choice to replaced the guy?So the board today said they Liverpool performance was in accepted and any manager that display such performance against Liverpool has to leave.So my question is why do your club hate losing to Liverpool than even City?
Mourinho wanted out anyway, i seriously believed he sabotaged the team list in order to force his removal, of all teams to lose to, Liverpool, Mourinho does not understand the rivalry that dates way back, thats the UK version of el classico! did not know how he could survive after the hopeless team selection that ensured we lost

Interim manager? not too sure but anything will do, we have removed the toxicity from the dressing room, now the players have to respond and do their part to get us playing like we should, afterall this is man united not West ham!

Marko
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Riche007 wrote:I don't see Mourinho surviving this. The team is getting worse...they have nothing to lose.
Very obvious!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: Mourinho wanted out anyway, i seriously believed he sabotaged the team list in order to force his removal, of all teams to lose to, Liverpool, Mourinho does not understand the rivalry that dates way back, thats the UK version of el classico! did not know how he could survive after the hopeless team selection that ensured we lost
did Jose also want OUT when we took 4 points from Liverpool last season?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: Mourinho wanted out anyway, i seriously believed he sabotaged the team list in order to force his removal, of all teams to lose to, Liverpool, Mourinho does not understand the rivalry that dates way back, thats the UK version of el classico! did not know how he could survive after the hopeless team selection that ensured we lost
mate its too late! Mourinho is a rich man already new gaurd in town!

Marko
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco wrote:
Last season. :rotf: :rotf:

Hopeless team, hopeless manager.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The YeyeMan wrote:
tfco wrote:

the team is not hopeless, they are suffering from lack of confidence! now that the shackles of boring anti-football has been removed, hope they start to re-discover some form, hope the interim coach comes with a different mindset

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
tfco wrote:

the team is not hopeless, they are suffering from lack of confidence! now that the shackles of boring anti-football has been removed, hope they start to re-discover some form, hope the interim coach comes with a different mindset
boring anti-football
2nd place.

Exciting football
3rd/4th/5th

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
tfco wrote:

boring anti-football
2nd place.

Exciting football
3rd/4th/5th
I prefer exciting football and finishing 3rd or 4th than anti-football and finishing 2nd, everyone thought Liverpool had a better season than united last year having been runner up in champions league, that is progress mate, Mourinho could not understand why all the pundits preferred Tottenham football than our boring football

Now this season already beaten silly by City, Spurs and liverpool, we certainly will not finish 3rd/4th/5th like you pointed out mate!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: I prefer exciting football and finishing 3rd or 4th than anti-football and finishing 2nd, everyone thought Liverpool had a better season than united last year having been runner up in champions league, that is progress mate, Mourinho could not understand why all the pundits preferred Tottenham football than our boring football

Now this season already beaten silly by City, Spurs and liverpool, we certainly will not finish 3rd/4th/5th like you pointed out mate!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: I prefer exciting football and finishing 3rd or 4th than anti-football and finishing 2nd, everyone thought Liverpool had a better season than united last year having been runner up in champions league, that is progress mate, Mourinho could not understand why all the pundits preferred Tottenham football than our boring football

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
did you watch the champions league final? i did and i was jealous and envious! Liverpool were on the world stage not united! I want to see progress, i dont want to have to defend our traditions with history, we won 18 titles, nope this is 2018, but Liverpool surely showed some intent last week, we looked clueless and lost and that sealed the fate of your hero! 22 million richer but ego bruised!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Tis said, Mourinho's final hour was spent barricaded behind sand bags, fingers blocking auditory meatus, to the tune of Davide De Gea bellowing "incoming!!!!". A cry repeated no less than 36 times. How does one playing 5 at the back, switching to a four, with defensive cover, incur 36 shots on goal? It well have been the nature of the defeat more than the defeat itself, that broke the camel's back.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:Tis said, Mourinho's final hour was spent barricaded behind sand bags, fingers blocking auditory meatus, to the tune of Davide De Gea bellowing "incoming!!!!". A cry repeated no less than 36 times. How does one playing 5 at the back, switching to a four, with defensive cover, incur 36 shots on goal? It well have been the nature of the defeat more than the defeat itself, that broke the camel's back.
Mourinho game plan was damage limitation, he knew there was no way on earth they could even match liverpool toe to toe, so of course he went for coward tactics, left martial / Pogba on the bench as he wanted aggresiveness of matic / felliani, Liverpool had other plans, they knew the focus was on salah, he just dragged the defence with him opening up space for the likes of Mane and others to do damage, united on the other hand played the long ball to Lukaku hoping he can use his power to open up space for Lingard / Rashford to run into, yes it nearly worked, thanks to the mistake of Allison, we ended up with 3 goal scoring opportunities to liverpool 36 and this was meant to be a derby watched around the world!

like you said, it was the nature of the defeat, losing to our main domestic rivals, Mourinho was pre-occupied with the fact it will be far too expensive to get rid of him, when Woodward whispered to Bobby Charlton and used his hands to cover his mouth, he said Board meeting tomorrow!

At the board meeting, not even one person stood up for Mourinho, he then called the glazers and said this cannot continue and they agreed to let him go, Next day, the HR manager went along with Mourinho to the training ground, Well Mourinho knew what was coming next, i mean, he cant be that stupid, when the HR manager calls you into a meeting, you know the rest, Woodward told him bluntly ( a fun ọ ni 400 milionu lati ra ra royce kan ati pe o ra a 404 ) jokes aside, he was told united had to move on and thanked him for his services, he was not allowed to even tell the players good bye, some players found out and 1 or 2 went to say their byes!

end of an era, just 3 years till the day Chelsea did the same to him!

Marko