Breaking news: Mourinho sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Breaking news: Mourinho sacked

Post by ohenhen1 »

ohsee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Why is there a thread for this irrelevant coach. Coach that can only win when he spends more than the opponent. .
Porto.
What year was that?

And is that same squad that had players like Deco on it?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

ohenhen1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Why is there a thread for this irrelevant coach. Coach that can only win when he spends more than the opponent. .
Porto.
What year was that?

And is that same squad that had players like Deco on it?
does the year matter?

Other than deco, who else can you name? thank you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I think both sides are in the wrong here.

Mourinho's track record speakers for himself. He's a known quantity. He'll come in, ask for proven players, get results over a 2-3 year spell, and then wear out his welcome. United knew this yet they didn't get him all the players he wanted this summer. I don't understand why you would bring in a manager and then don't give them authority over personnel decisions, especially when the upper echelons of the club are business men, not footballing men.

At the same time, Mourinho was unprofessional by throwing the club under the bus during pre-season and then going hard at them throughout the year. He could've handled these issues behind the scenes rather than burning bridges within the club and drawing unnecessary media attention. Its hard to imagine what's next for his career. He does not have any job prospects in England. Other than Bayern, all the best clubs in Europe are settled at the management level. Maybe he can go back to Italy but there's little money there outside of Juventus so I'm not sure what he could achieve at the likes of Inter or Milan if a vacancy opens up down the road. My guess is he'll be out of work for a while enjoying that Manchester United money.

Man Utd has been a mess since Ferguson left and their problems go beyond Mourinho. Nonetheless, they'll enjoy an improvement in form now that they don't have a toxic manager at the helm, however, if I were a fan of the club I would not have any confidence in forthcoming decisions made by senior management. The new manager will have a short leech and any slip-up will inevitably draw comparisons to Mourinho, van Gaal, and Moyes. Perhaps the club needs to come clean and openly announce they will reset things: they'll give themselves 2-3 years to improve on the pitch and then try to compete for trophies beyond then. Of course they'll never admit this because it'll hurt their brand and value but they need to call a spade a spade. They are not the juggernaut they were under Sir Alex who, its remarkable to say, is continuing to see his legend grow even in retirement.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Heliopolis wrote: My guess is he'll be out of work for a while enjoying that Manchester United money.
this gets mentioned quite a bit, i don't know why
"Jose wants to get fired so he can pocket 20MM, 15MM..."

One would think he was broke prior to landing this United job, and the payout is what will sustain him. IIRC Roman did settle him quite a bit, even some fancy car

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
does the year matter?

Other than deco, who else can you name? thank you
Vitor Baia, Paolo Ferreira, Jorge Costa, Ricky Carvalho, Maniche, Costinha, with subs like Benni McCarthy, Bosingwa, etc. That was like the Portugal NT and some solid foreigners.

PS: This thing still dey pain you. :lol:
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Heliopolis wrote:I think both sides are in the wrong here.

Mourinho's track record speakers for himself. He's a known quantity. He'll come in, ask for proven players, get results over a 2-3 year spell, and then wear out his welcome. United knew this yet they didn't get him all the players he wanted this summer. I don't understand why you would bring in a manager and then don't give them authority over personnel decisions, especially when the upper echelons of the club are business men, not footballing men.

At the same time, Mourinho was unprofessional by throwing the club under the bus during pre-season and then going hard at them throughout the year. He could've handled these issues behind the scenes rather than burning bridges within the club and drawing unnecessary media attention. Its hard to imagine what's next for his career. He does not have any job prospects in England. Other than Bayern, all the best clubs in Europe are settled at the management level. Maybe he can go back to Italy but there's little money there outside of Juventus so I'm not sure what he could achieve at the likes of Inter or Milan if a vacancy opens up down the road. My guess is he'll be out of work for a while enjoying that Manchester United money.

Man Utd has been a mess since Ferguson left and their problems go beyond Mourinho. Nonetheless, they'll enjoy an improvement in form now that they don't have a toxic manager at the helm, however, if I were a fan of the club I would not have any confidence in forthcoming decisions made by senior management. The new manager will have a short leech and any slip-up will inevitably draw comparisons to Mourinho, van Gaal, and Moyes. Perhaps the club needs to come clean and openly announce they will reset things: they'll give themselves 2-3 years to improve on the pitch and then try to compete for trophies beyond then. Of course they'll never admit this because it'll hurt their brand and value but they need to call a spade a spade. They are not the juggernaut they were under Sir Alex who, its remarkable to say, is continuing to see his legend grow even in retirement.
Borinho was signed b/c the noisy neighbours got Pep and Manure didn't want to be left in the shade. If Pep hadn't gone to City, I doubt if Manure would have got Borinho, with Fergie and Bobby Charlton advising against it when Fergie retired.

Manure had good reason not to back him with more money. He had already blown £400m. He bought Fred for £50m! He wanted to buy more defenders and they said no, rightly so, b/c he had already spent £70m on Bailly and Lindelof and didn't trust either that much.

As for his job prospects, most top clubs with ex-players in the boardroom won't touch him. Bayern is run by ex-pros. These people know that Borinho is not as good a coach as the hype. I think he will either go to PSG or Inter and then the Portuguese NT when he is around 60.

Manure were a mess even Fergie was there. His last league title was with players like Cleverly. They won in England b/c Fergie's control over refs was worth about 10 points every season and the other teams were shite. But they were getting exposed every season in Europe and never matched being CL finalists in 2011.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

It will take time, nobody is looking for overnight miracles, remember between all these amounts of money, leicester won the league with a fraction of what the big clubs spent! let that sink in!

sometimes the right players are needed rather than established ones, if you are going to spend 400 million pounds, then your football has to be good, might not be like City, but you should not be far off, any fool will think otherwise, the returns on invéstment were simply not good, does Mourinho still have a place in top level football? perehaps but he needs to seriously think about his football philosophy and mentality, This is the era of the super star players, you have to treat them differently

This is a time for united to now do things differently, we have to look towards our academy, there are a few rashford waiting for their turn to shine, now give them the chance, they certainly cannot perform any worse than the crap we saw on display on Sunday!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Mourinho.performance at Utd doesn't mean that he is a failure. He did win three trophies with them including an European trophy.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

marko wrote:It will take time, nobody is looking for overnight miracles, remember between all these amounts of money, leicester won the league with a fraction of what the big clubs spent! let that sink in!

sometimes the right players are needed rather than established ones, if you are going to spend 400 million pounds, then your football has to be good, might not be like City, but you should not be far off, any fool will think otherwise, the returns on invéstment were simply not good, does Mourinho still have a place in top level football? perehaps but he needs to seriously think about his football philosophy and mentality, This is the era of the super star players, you have to treat them differently

This is a time for united to now do things differently, we have to look towards our academy, there are a few rashford waiting for their turn to shine, now give them the chance, they certainly cannot perform any worse than the crap we saw on display on Sunday!
Era of super star players? I am not sure. There is no player at United with fear factor. Is it Pogba, Lukaku, Dr Gea, Sanchez, Mata, Martial, Rashford? Those guys are paid bug bucks but for what?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Cristao II wrote:Mourinho.performance at Utd doesn't mean that he is a failure. He did win three trophies with them including an European trophy.
Charity shield and worthington cup, sorry carabao cup? sorry charity shield is not a cup! carabao, will not say more, Europa league is the only half decent thing he won and look at what we had to face getting to the final, not trying to take anything away from him but he was brought to win premierships and champions league, that he failed to do, so rightly so had to go, if he showed promise, good football, thats another thing, to play hopeless football, fall out with players, something had to give eventually
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohsee wrote:
Porto.
About that, I think it's a bit more nuanced. Clearly that Porto victory is now looking increasingly more like an outlier wrt the money issue cos if we were to analyse more critically, that year was arguably a weak UCL season. Porto defeated only one top (richer) team enroute to winning the UCL, ironically enough that team was Manchester United and it was via away goals and I believe it was barely won in injury time.

The only other top team they played that season was Real Madrid and it was in the group stage where Porto lost and tied over both legs. Arsenal in losing in the final had to go through Real Madrid, Juventus before losing to Barcelona. His Inter win was probably more challenging.

Context is everything.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

theYemster wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Porto.
About that, I think it's a bit more nuanced. Clearly that Porto victory is now looking increasingly more like an outlier wrt the money issue cos if we were to analyse more critically, that year was arguably a weak UCL season. Porto defeated only one top (richer) team enroute to winning the UCL, ironically enough that team was Manchester United and it was via away goals and I believe it was barely won in injury time.

The only other top team they played that season was Real Madrid and it was in the group stage where Porto lost and tied over both legs. Arsenal in losing in the final had to go through Real Madrid, Juventus before losing to Barcelona. His Inter win was probably more challenging.

Context is everything.
Barcelona had to travel to Milan by bus remember, Volcanic ash! not taking anything away from him but there was an element of luck involved!

Marko
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cristao II wrote:Mourinho.performance at Utd doesn't mean that he is a failure. He did win three trophies with them including an European trophy.
Bruv he spent upwards of $460 million in two and a half seasons. Europa and Tea cups is a poor return.

The guy is a busted flush and shameless as well. He could've easily resigned if as he claims he wasn't getting adequate support. Instead he chose to poke the bear by openly criticizing management so as to force their hands to sack him. All so he can get a bigger payout cos apparently if United sack him before the next stage of the UCL he gets paid more than if he's sacked after.

He does that a lot. For someone with his hubris and mindset regarding upper management support, he's never ever called their bluff and walked. He always forces them to do him so he can make a killing.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

theYemster wrote:
Bruv he spent upwards of $460 million in two and a half seasons. Europa and Tea cups is a poor return.

The guy is a busted flush and shameless as well. He could've easily resigned if as he claims he wasn't getting adequate support. Instead he chose to poke the bear by openly criticizing management so as to force their hands to sack him. All so he can get a bigger payout cos apparently if United sack him before the next stage of the UCL he gets paid more than if he's sacked after.

He does that a lot. For someone with his hubris and mindset regarding upper management support, he's never ever called their bluff and walked. He always forces them to do him so he can make a killing.
done this a few times so he is consistent, dont blame him though, blame the people who extended his contract! an honourable man will resign if he dont get the backing of the board and players, instead his forces the issues by being completly erractic in behaviour and the team, he never thought the axe will fall on him yesterday, he told people, it will be expensive, he must have been shocked, richer? certainly, ego? deflated as they come!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

That would have guaranteed him legendary status at Spurs. :taunt: LVG got sacked immediately after winning the FA Cup. Different clubs have different measures for success/failure.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

cic old boy wrote:
That would have guaranteed him legendary status at Spurs. :taunt: LVG got sacked immediately after winning the FA Cup. Different clubs have different measures for success/failure.
can rememeber real madrid sacking De Bosque after winning champions league in the 2000s, all because they did not win la liga, at United, the bare minimum is the premiership, its that simple

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

theYemster wrote: The guy is a busted flush and shameless as well. He could've easily resigned if as he claims he wasn't getting adequate support. Instead he chose to poke the bear by openly criticizing management so as to force their hands to sack him. All so he can get a bigger payout cos apparently if United sack him before the next stage of the UCL he gets paid more than if he's sacked after.

I don’t think he was trying to get the club to sack him. I think it is part of his “I win, they lose” mentality. Once things start going wrong, Borinho will look to blame others to deflect blame from himself. It is never his fault for failure. But winning is b/c of him. Anyone that played the game knows it is players that win or lose you games.

In his last season at Chelski, he said the players overachieved when they won the league b/c of him and that when they were languishing in 16th place, that was probably their level. Poor results are always someone else’s fault. Nothing like we win, lose, draw together. This is why his exit from Manure mirrors the Chelski and Madrid exits – fighting with everyone, blaming everything, just a handful of loyalists within the club, etc.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote: The guy is a busted flush and shameless as well. He could've easily resigned if as he claims he wasn't getting adequate support. Instead he chose to poke the bear by openly criticizing management so as to force their hands to sack him. All so he can get a bigger payout cos apparently if United sack him before the next stage of the UCL he gets paid more than if he's sacked after.

I don’t think he was trying to get the club to sack him. I think it is part of his “I win, they lose” mentality. Once things start going wrong, Borinho will look to blame others to deflect blame from himself. It is never his fault for failure. But winning is b/c of him. Anyone that played the game knows it is players that win or lose you games.

In his last season at Chelski, he said the players overachieved when they won the league b/c of him and that when they were languishing in 16th place, that was probably their level. Poor results are always someone else’s fault. Nothing like we win, lose, draw together. This is why his exit from Manure mirrors the Chelski and Madrid exits – fighting with everyone, blaming everything, just a handful of loyalists within the club, etc.
certainly does not accept blame, certainly will never learn, when Leicester won the league, their squad was worth 54 million pounds! the price of 1 united player, sometimes money is not always the issue and he certainly got money, nearly 400 million, with that amount, i will expect decent football to say the least, we did not get much in return except a mickey mouse charity shield which is not really a cup! well its over, let us move on

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

certainly does not accept blame, certainly will never learn, when Leicester won the league, their squad was worth 54 million pounds! the price of 1 united player, sometimes money is not always the issue and he certainly got money, nearly 400 million, with that amount, i will expect decent football to say the least, we did not get much in return except a mickey mouse charity shield which is not really a cup! well its over, let us move on
Dude let us always try to be honest and put bias aside when criticising someone else we don't have that moral high ground to stand upon. For all his faults he won you more than the mickey mouse charity shield... How hard is it to criticise someone you don't like without trying to deny them their achievements.... Don't think it takes that much. He won 3 cups in his time with United with the Europa sitting at the top, something never won before by United. No need to try to pretend he did not achieve anything. We all agree his football style was wack, but let us keep perspective...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Dude let us always try to be honest and put bias aside when criticising someone else we don't have that moral high ground to stand upon. For all his faults he won you more than the mickey mouse charity shield... How hard is it to criticise someone you don't like without trying to deny them their achievements.... Don't think it takes that much. He won 3 cups in his time with United with the Europa sitting at the top, something never won before by United. No need to try to pretend he did not achieve anything. We all agree his football style was wack, but let us keep perspective...
I certainly will not take anything away from him, pls dont get me wrong, but those 3 cups, charity shield is just a practice match exhibition style, Europa fair enough, but he was brought to win the premiership, Alex Ferguson used to mock these small cups, but i guess these days, there are 5-6 strong premiership sides so makes these cup except charity shield more competitive

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:Cheii Arsene and Josie sacked within nine months of each other smh .., Football don change sha :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmmm uncle our man was ask to leave nicely with good celebration at the end.This Josie e own he was ask at the training ground to turn in the keys to his office and carry his personal stuff off the property within 2 hours.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

I certainly will not take anything away from him, pls dont get me wrong, but those 3 cups, charity shield is just a practice match exhibition style, Europa fair enough, but he was brought to win the premiership, Alex Ferguson used to mock these small cups, but i guess these days, there are 5-6 strong premiership sides so makes these cup except charity shield more competitive
Read your post again bro.... Read your post again and the message it sends out. Maybe that is not what you meant, but what you posted is saying something else, it is not fair assessment of the man.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Mourinho the football coward,so klopp now got t his man sacked three times?Wow talk about "know it all manager"