Breaking news: Mourinho sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Breaking news: Mourinho sacked

Post by YemiBrazil »

See as I dey feel like say Shooting don win Champions league for Ibadan over sack of one yeye manager - dey give person heart attack football on top all the money we dem dey pay am. Arrant nonsense :lol: :taunt:

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote: The guy is a busted flush and shameless as well. He could've easily resigned if as he claims he wasn't getting adequate support. Instead he chose to poke the bear by openly criticizing management so as to force their hands to sack him. All so he can get a bigger payout cos apparently if United sack him before the next stage of the UCL he gets paid more than if he's sacked after.

He does that a lot. For someone with his hubris and mindset regarding upper management support, he's never ever called their bluff and walked. He always forces them to do him so he can make a killing.
I don’t think he was trying to get the club to sack him. I think it is part of his “I win, they lose” mentality. Once things start going wrong, Borinho will look to blame others to deflect blame from himself. It is never his fault for failure. But winning is b/c of him. Anyone that played the game knows it is players that win or lose you games.

In his last season at Chelski, he said the players overachieved when they won the league b/c of him and that when they were languishing in 16th place, that was probably their level. Poor results are always someone else’s fault. Nothing like we win, lose, draw together. This is why his exit from Manure mirrors the Chelski and Madrid exits – fighting with everyone, blaming everything, just a handful of loyalists within the club, etc.
certainly does not accept blame, certainly will never learn, when Leicester won the league, their squad was worth 54 million pounds! the price of 1 united player, sometimes money is not always the issue and he certainly got money, nearly 400 million, with that amount, i will expect decent football to say the least, we did not get much in return except a mickey mouse charity shield which is not really a cup! well its over, let us move on
Dude let us always try to be honest and put bias aside when criticising someone else we don't have that moral high ground to stand upon. For all his faults he won you more than the mickey mouse charity shield... How hard is it to criticise someone you don't like without trying to deny them their achievements.... Don't think it takes that much. He won 3 cups in his time with United with the Europa sitting at the top, something never won before by United. No need to try to pretend he did not achieve anything. We all agree his football style was wack, but let us keep perspective...
I certainly will not take anything away from him, pls dont get me wrong, but those 3 cups, charity shield is just a practice match exhibition style, Europa fair enough, but he was brought to win the premiership, Alex Ferguson used to mock these small cups, but i guess these days, there are 5-6 strong premiership sides so makes these cup except charity shield more competitive
Read your post again bro.... Read your post again and the message it sends out. Maybe that is not what you meant, but what you posted is saying something else, it is not fair assessment of the man.
what i have posted in comparison to some of the stuff i have seen on-line in childs play, maybe i am still upset how he reduced this team to a laughing stock, i was a fan right from day 1 even before he came to united, after some well documented issues at Chelsea / real madrid, one would have thought he would have learnt and done things differently but he chose not to at the latter stages, then there is this vindictive part of him, when you decide to take down the whole team with you when you dont get your way! well he is gone now, nothing against the individual, dont even know him, his managerial style at united, sorry was a complete disaster!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Charity/Community plate no dey count as trophy oh!
http://www.naijiant.com/
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

cic old boy wrote:Charity/Community plate no dey count as trophy oh!
Not a trophy and they should cancel that damn thing!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The real WE are happy with Borinho getting the boot.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/vi ... king-video
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

YemiBrazil wrote:See as I dey feel like say Shooting don win Champions league for Ibadan over sack of one yeye manager - dey give person heart attack football on top all the money we dem dey pay am. Arrant nonsense :lol: :taunt:

:lol: :bump: :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

El Pais are reporting that Borinho will be going to Madrid in July. I doubt it b/c I think the likes of Sergio Ramos, who got him sacked there, are still influential. Secondly, el Presidente said the job was too big for Borinho when he sacked him. I suspect Borinho's agent Jorge Mendes is planting these stories to use as a bargaining tool in negotiations with other clubs.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ole Gunner as Interim coach.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Balo, honoable, kindly give the masses the full course. You have spilt the beans but have yet to add the yam. Could one kindly detail the from where and on what terms? #molde. #loan. How the mighty have fallen.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

cic old boy wrote:El Pais are reporting that Borinho will be going to Madrid in July. I doubt it b/c I think the likes of Sergio Ramos, who got him sacked there, are still influential. Secondly, el Presidente said the job was too big for Borinho when he sacked him. I suspect Borinho's agent Jorge Mendes is planting these stories to use as a bargaining tool in negotiations with other clubs.
If Mourinho is smart, he should take a break and go rethink his relationship with the game. While he seemed to have managed to appreciably reduce his worst proclivities -- unnecessary provocative utterances and actions -- that seemed to have come in indirect proportion to the one thing that made it somewhat tolerable by his employers, i.e. winning however necessary -- ugly, bus parking et al.

That said, if he insists on staying on the treadmill, a team like Inter would make the most sense for him. Madrid would be the last nail in his coffin if he dares go back for second helpings.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

go listen to what Sergio ramos said when they considered Conte for the job, he said respect is earned, meaning no coach can simply walk in and scream at the players! will not work out for Mourinho but good luck anyway

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@dubamis, correct. Absolutely. Madrid are too far behind the front horse to make a fist of a challenge, Europe, their favoured conquest, has fortified its walls whilst theirs have become, arguably, weaker. Italy would be a style fit, one would imagine. Madrid, PSG, Munich and alike would be the ink for the obituary. A sabbatical and refresh screen would make most sense, but Mourinho will be back, sooner rather than later, playing his hand from the same deck of cards. Is international management too grand a step? Possibly.

Now more than ever, Jose’s looking like yesterday’s man, grey streaks decorate a once healthy shade of autumn brown, lines have scratched their way into his face and the bicker and moan of the old fogey, has become the norm. Is he finished? Possibly.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Ole is not seasoned enough for this job. He is doing equivalent of going from pilot school to flying a Stealth Bomber.
balo wrote:Ole Gunner as Interim coach.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:Ole is not seasoned enough for this job. He is doing equivalent of going from pilot school to flying a Stealth Bomber.
That is why he is a caretaker and Mike Phelan the old pro will be guiding him to the end of the season or whe ever they find the right man.

If that foolish Moyes had listened and followed the foundation Sir Fergie put in place for him, perhaps he would still be at Old Trafford.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
does the year matter?

Other than deco, who else can you name? thank you
Vitor Baia, Paolo Ferreira, Jorge Costa, Ricky Carvalho, Maniche, Costinha, with subs like Benni McCarthy, Bosingwa, etc. That was like the Portugal NT and some solid foreigners.
don't try to make it seem like Porto was THE favourite to win that year's UCL

please.do.not

what pains you is you cannot erase the UCL win with Porto.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
wiseone wrote:Ole is not seasoned enough for this job. He is doing equivalent of going from pilot school to flying a Stealth Bomber.
That is why he is a caretaker and Mike Phelan the old pro will be guiding him to the end of the season or whe ever they find the right man.

If that foolish Moyes had listened and followed the foundation Sir Fergie put in place for him, perhaps he would still be at Old Trafford.
Mmmmh be careful , this board wants a yes man who will keep the money model going.
Don't be surprised to see them confirming Soskjaer as the full time manager.

But i am a bit unsure , i hope in the summer they get a good serious manager.

United fans have to be even more patient now.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

as for me il be satisfied if they can the ball longer than 10 secs, i will celebrate that!

Marko
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

tfco wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
does the year matter?

Vitor Baia, Paolo Ferreira, Jorge Costa, Ricky Carvalho, Maniche, Costinha, with subs like Benni McCarthy, Bosingwa, etc. That was like the Portugal NT and some solid foreigners.

please.do.not

Still fighting for Jose Mourinho?

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Kabalega wrote:
tfco wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
does the year matter?

please.do.not

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: i suggest the copy and paste crew can follow Mourinho to any club that will be mad enough to hire him, leave us real united fans alone!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: don't try to make it seem like Porto was THE favourite to win that year's UCL

please.do.not

Now you know Deco was not the only big player in the team. They were no moi-moi side.

This sacking is paining you, while real WE are celebrating.

He's once, twice, three times a sackee...
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote: don't try to make it seem like Porto was THE favourite to win that year's UCL

please.do.not

Now you know Deco was not the only big player in the team. They were no moi-moi side.
but were they favourites to win?
Last edited by tfco on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Jose Mourinho: The Inside Story of how his Man United tenure unravelled
http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/club/manch ... unravelled

Rob Dawson
Manchester United correspondent

Jose Mourinho's reign began to unravel in earnest over the summer, but an atmosphere of fear and paranoia had already set in long before. Such was the shadow he cast over Manchester United that it began to affect even the most innocuous of matters, even those far from the pitch.

When a member of his backroom unknowingly agreed to a blind date with a media personality, the meeting was swiftly moved from Manchester city centre to a rural Cheshire pub out of fear they would be spotted and Mourinho would find out. When the United employee sat down, his conversation starter was: "I could be sacked for being here."

There was no second date.

In the end, the appointment of Mourinho, one that looked certain to rescue United from the post-Fergie doldrums in May 2016, gradually became so toxic that Ed Woodward and the Glazers were forced to act.

See link for more gist..... :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kabalega wrote:
tfco wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
does the year matter?

please.do.not

similar comments when LVG was sacked.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S