Breaking news: Mourinho sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United sack Mourinho.

Post by metalalloy »

cic old boy wrote:This is as surprising as rain in Manchester. :lol:
:rotf:

I'm waiting for the updates from the twitter copypaysta :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Breaking news: Mourinho sacked

Post by pajimoh »

The ex Manure cvnts are already all over the place flooding the media with Pochettino as the ideal replacement.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

metalalloy wrote:
cic old boy wrote:This is as surprising as rain in Manchester. :lol:

they were here earlier after running away for a few days, now they taken off for good :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :thumbs: :thumbs:
its good to have a mind of your own rather than copy other people thoughts
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Breaking news today Jose apply for the Bayern job after sacked by Manchester united.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING : Manchester United sack Mourinho.

Post by metalalloy »

bk-one wrote:Me and Tfco are not happy with this news.

I am really speechless....I just have to go find some random tweets from some random blokes to express how I feel

:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Mourinho sacked by the Dean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

una wicked oh...

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

metalalloy wrote:
Manchester United have sacked manager Jose Mourinho after identifying a catalogue of his failings at the club.

who will okokobioko, yaya, kacee2g, dumbodriver support next oh :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: The best decision Okokoborinko made in his entire sorry azz life was to sack himself from CE b/4 Borinho got sacked. He and Thicko from Takoradi are now consoling themselves at a Borinho Groupies Anonymous meeting.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

metalalloy wrote:

:lol: In Thicko's absence, I'm going to Twitter to check tweets from his favourite groupie - Babanla.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

copy and paste crew were here earlier, they will be back if united lose our game this weekend
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Mourinho sacked by the Dean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lily-livered manure folks sacked him... i hear they want Poch :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didnt Mourinho say something abut Klopp havent never won any trophies? Not a nice way to talk about the Dean that would ultimately expel you from school....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Where is Zee? i need his opinion on this
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Good riddance, Jose! Toxic Mourinho will not be missed at Man United

The manager has finally been sacked after a disastrous start to the season. It was inevitable having turned the atmosphere sour in at Old Trafford

Manchester United finally ran out of patience with Jose Mourinho and it’s not a moment too soon . The excuses, the friction, the dire football and most importantly the results all became too much to bear.

It’s clear now that whatever it was which made Mourinho such a compelling success has dimmed. He could be missing his long-time No. 2 Rui Faria or struggling to adapt to a new generation of player who don’t react to his surly management style.

Whatever the problem, United have played as a reflection of their manager. A dull husk, with glory in the rearview mirror and no plan beyond immediate survival. He became almost a parody of himself towards the end of his reign. His selections bordered on the incomprehensible and his lineups often featured seven defensive players.

At Liverpool on Sunday he set the United team up to duck and cover with two right backs in his back five and little in the way of a plan for getting a goal.

United are not currently looking towards Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham as rivals for the Premier League title or the top four, they are looking at Wolves, Everton, West Ham and Watford.

The top six has become the top five with United, pathetically trapped in the purgatory of a pointless sixth place. For that Mourinho must shoulder the blame.

Yes, there are difficulties for managers working at a club as big as Manchester United. Expectations are beyond anything at any other English club. These fans have been fed success for nearly 30 years. Sir Alex Ferguson kept it going on his own for so long but there was nothing left behind to sustain it.

As such David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and now Mourinho have all walked in and been unable to improve things or satisfy the demands for a top level, attack-minded team. There were high spots along the way – an EFL Cup and a Europa League – but this is Manchester United. Those were trophies that Ferguson wasn’t interested in and yet they became the only thing Mourinho could cling to.

Man Utd Liverpool GFX

He harked back at different times to his successes at Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid. He tried his best to remind people that no one was better than him. He left press conferences in bizarre fashion, reminding people that he used to be successful. And now his sacking, coming barely a week after his agent Jorge Mendes took it upon himself to tell the public that Mourinho would be going nowhere in an unprecedented statement.

He launched futile wars with the media – Paul Scholes in particular – and accused pundits of being jealous of his and Paul Pogba’s money.

Pogba was a useful ally at times like that, when it’s all about Mourinho protecting what’s his. But he cut the France World Cup winner adrift and is reported to have called him a virus in front of his team-mates. The club paid €100 million for his services but have seen little of that back in terms of Pogba’s value on the field.

It is difficult to imagine another manager in the league having such trouble in slotting Pogba into the team. But it’s not always about football with Mourinho. It’s about attitude and in his remarks to the press he clearly pointed out that Pogba – in his opinion – had the wrong one.

He insultingly deployed Scott McTominay in his place as some kind of anti-Pogba. He may not be able to play football like Pogba but he’ll damn well do what he’s told. That’s what it became.

The negativity spread. His captain Antonio Valencia was excommunicated too. United have been forced to take up the one-year options in the contracts of David de Gea and Anthony Martial because up until Mourinho left there were no signs that they would sign up to continue playing under him for any longer.

He sought not to protect his players as he did so many times in the past but to blame them. He was particularly harsh on Luke Shaw and Martial and to his credit jolted from two young men some kind of a reaction.

He also had words about the maturity levels of Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard. But picking fights so publicly and doing down his players must have had an effect. If you keep putting the message out there that people are worthless then eventually they are going to feel worthless.

Paul Pogba Jose Mourinho

His only solution to his inability to coax better play from his squad was to ask for more. No matter the money he frittered on Eric Bailly and Henrikh Mkhitaryan in his first summer, and Victor Lindelof in his second. No matter the money he spent to get Alexis Sanchez and Fred out of the hands of Pep Guardiola.

He was resisted in his attempts to get a centre back on board last summer and it led to ructions behind the scenes. And January would have been another flashpoint. How could United trust Mourinho to get something right at the point of crisis when he has got things so badly wrong all along?

All the while there was no attempt to improve the players already on the books. Either they could do it or they couldn’t. While Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp and Maurizio Sarri came up with coherent, structured, rehearsed attacking solutions, Mourinho had nothing. He wanted his players to improvise, to win games for him.

That is yesterday’s gameplan. Mourinho has not kept pace with tactical trends. He embarrassingly admitted after a Manchester derby hammering that he wished he had a fit Marouane Fellaini to come on and replace a tiring Marouane Fellaini.

United are 11 points away from the top four. They are 19 points off the summit. They have never had as bad a season in Premier League history. Something had to give.

And while there are issues to sort at United off the field – such as Ed Woodward and his sanctioning of terrible signings, the mooted appointment of a sporting director, an ownership wrangle involving the Saudis and current detested owners the Glazers – Mourinho’s position was untenable.

Many things were outwith his control, but he didn’t do a good job with the things that were in his control. His team stank, his attitude stank and the negativity that he alone spread had this squad plummeting in confidence and output.

And through it all he sought to absolve himself. It was the players’ fault, it was the media’s fault, it was Woodward’s fault. Never did he examine – in public at least – what he might have done differently. There was always a finger pointing elsewhere.

Well now Woodward and the Glazers are sitting around the table like Lord Sugar and the finger is pointing at Jose.

let me try my hands are copying and pasting

Marko
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING : Manchester United sack Mourinho.

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:
theDunamis wrote:LOL! I was just telling a friend yday (a diehard ManU supporter) that when you have close to $400k / week sitting on the bench, something has to give sooner rather than later. Either he goes or the manager goes. Nothing in between. Goodbye Jose! Time to take a hard look at yourself in the mirror.
Like they say in American football... you can't fire the entire team. :taunt:
Yep! Thus, someone must suffer the penalty and in most cases, it's the coach
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Respect guys Respect
Oya back to the matter
open and close
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

They were left with no choice, those players did not want to show up for training today with that man around, when they triggered De gea and martial contract, read between the lines, the die was cast, the look on Bobby charlton face and Woodward said it all, he had to cover his mouth his his hands as he did not want anyone to hear what he was saying, when Bobby Charlton nooded, Mourinho fate was sealed at 90 minutes!

The players were given Monday off whiles calls were made to the Glazers who sanctioned the sacking, Pogba ended up in paris for an adidas commitment, like i said read between the lines, yesterday evening, something was clearly up when contracts were triggered and their agents said the players did not want to commit long term

Mourinho was called into a meeting this morning whiles the players were training and Woodward told him bluntly that they were heading into different directions, the look on Mourinho face said it all, tried to smile but he knew his time was up, no doubt he will give a press conference defending himself as usual, telling us how great he is, just for another mug to sign him up, he will remind us how many trophies he has won

what he really needs is to take time out and go and re-discover himself as a coach and his mentality, he is still young, right now, i cannot expect any top team to touch him with a barge pole, it will upset the dressing room, whats left, maybe international football, his time as a top coach is well and truly over

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I will not be surprise another club start calling him to come coach
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

kajifu wrote:I will not be surprise another club start calling him to come coach
it depends what type of players they have at the club! if they have global super stars like Ronaldo, Mbappe, Pogba, Messi, Neymar, those players will threaten the club to leave!
another team like inter-milan for example trying to re-discover their glory days and with average to good players, yes, thats where he can end up and of course Mourinho needs money to function, they have to be prepared to spend big in the region of 200-300 milion but the question is, can Mourinho attract the marque players? the answer is no! he can only attract the 30s as it is right now, do you know how many players turned down the chance to play for united this season? Boateng from bayern Munich called it a step down to play for united, another top player will not even consider been coached by Mourinho, he was that blatant!

If you are going to be out spoken, please play like barcelona or the top sides, you cant be outspoken, arrogant and play bad football at the same time, something has to give!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tf, if you could kindly present the argument in favour of.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

SSN dishing out the stats, heavy handed, 16th best defence in the Prem, fewer average goals per game than Chief Oga Titus Moyes...haymakers being launched left and right. Attention now turning to the 13 signings, plenty 20 million and more. A whole Jose Mourinho, elbow dip in the pillory, projectiles, aubergines and butternut squash.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Lawrence White odds on, Ole Gunnar equally up there. Big boys convention.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pajimoh wrote:Tfco please head straight to your "feel good" thread - the Lilly livered...... :tic:
keep laughing , shebi una manager is wanted by united eh :lol: :lol: the joke go soon be on you..when spurs hire's Jose to replace Pochetino :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marko wrote:
mcal wrote:...what took them this long? Egos, 2 captains can't stay on the ship.
you honestly thought united will get rid of a 25 year old man, they re-couped his 90 million transfer fees in one year!, 30 million instagram followers in exchnage for a football coward?
was never on the cards, Woodward made this clear to Mourinho

That man is too vindictive for a football manager, I believed he sabotaged united just to get that pay check!
tell them ooo, Pogba brings in more money to united compared to Jose..any club will do anything to sign pogba.. his transfer fee is nothing compared to the money his image generates. I for one wish he is a Chelsea player
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved