Breaking news: Mourinho sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Breaking news: Mourinho sacked

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nah, they were beaten in the final by a bus-parking Greece. Bus-parking works for some - sometimes.
so ummm
Porto WON
Port(ugal) did not WIN

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
so ummm
Porto WON
Port(ugal) did not WIN

But Porto were not Deco and 10 others. They deserve respec.
http://www.naijiant.com/
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
so ummm
Porto WON
Port(ugal) did not WIN

But Porto were not Deco and 10 others. They deserve respec.
But...they WON

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Why does the BBC football page always have an article about ManU and Mourinho?

It's the same bias they used to post Nigeria articles on BBC African Sport.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Kabalega wrote:Why does the BBC football page always have an article about Man United and Mourinho?

It's the same bias they used to post Nigeria articles on BBC African Sport.
Is this supposed to be a serious question?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: But...they WON
Was that the question? I thought it was whether Deco was the only player there.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

cic old boy wrote:
Fair points Paul merson but you dont understand what a bad dressing room can do for one confidence, the players for the last couple of weeks did not have a clue about Mourinho tactics, there was too much toxicity in that club, same reason why Chelsea found themselves at 15th or 17th position before Mourinho was sacked, football has changed from the Paul Merson days sadly, back in the days, if a manager could not command the respect of his players, they resign!Kevin keegan did it, Redknapp did it, loads of old school managers did it as well, once billions were pumped into the game, everyone became a mercenary including the managers, why did Mourinho not resign at the start of the season when the board refused to give him money? has anyone looked into this angle?

I would have given him his due respect for taking a stance, its not like he was lacking for money, a couple of weeks ago, he said he was not scared of losing his job as it will be too expensive to sack him, he became to erratic, playing midfielders in central defence to create a stance to the board, it did not have to be like this

Merson talks about Valencia but the rot was already settled ages before that, in that famous Newcastle game, 2 nil down, 2nd half when Pogba had to play like a quarter back so to speak, dragged united back to the equaliser.

So much money, the players are getting paid in a week what we can never get in a life time, rules have changed, they have to be treated differently, you dont fight the marquee names, they will get you sacked, its that simple, pick a fight with Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe, kane, Pogba, Hazard, sorry there will only be one winner unless your name is Zidane!

as they said, its easier to get rid of a manager than sacking 25 players, these player are a brand, million followers in social media and what not, gone are the days when John Barnes was the highest paid player in the Uk on 10K pounds a week around 1989! or when Christian Vieri got transferred for something like 12 million and the pope had to make a statement haha!

try 180 million pounds and let that sink in!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Fair points Paul merson but you dont understand what a bad dressing room can do for one confidence, the players for the last couple of weeks did not have a clue about Mourinho tactics, there was too much toxicity in that club, same reason why Chelsea found themselves at 15th or 17th position before Mourinho was sacked, football has changed from the Paul Merson days sadly, back in the days, if a manager could not command the respect of his players, they resign!Kevin keegan did it, Redknapp did it, loads of old school managers did it as well, once billions were pumped into the game, everyone became a mercenary including the managers, why did Mourinho not resign at the start of the season when the board refused to give him money? has anyone looked into this angle?

I would have given him his due respect for taking a stance, its not like he was lacking for money, a couple of weeks ago, he said he was not scared of losing his job as it will be too expensive to sack him, he became to erratic, playing midfielders in central defence to create a stance to the board, it did not have to be like this

Merson talks about Valencia but the rot was already settled ages before that, in that famous Newcastle game, 2 nil down, 2nd half when Pogba had to play like a quarter back so to speak, dragged united back to the equaliser.

So much money, the players are getting paid in a week what we can never get in a life time, rules have changed, they have to be treated differently, you dont fight the marquee names, they will get you sacked, its that simple, pick a fight with Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe, kane, Pogba, Hazard, sorry there will only be one winner unless your name is Zidane!

as they said, its easier to get rid of a manager than sacking 25 players, these player are a brand, million followers in social media and what not, gone are the days when John Barnes was the highest paid player in the Uk on 10K pounds a week around 1989! or when Christian Vieri got transferred for something like 12 million and the pope had to make a statement haha!

try 180 million pounds and let that sink in!
Yes i have also been asking me myself why he did not just leave instead of damaging his reputation.
And also why did the board extend his contract after they refused to back him with players that he wanted.
Because you one could tell from pre season that all was not well
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

benteke wrote: Yes i have also been asking me myself why he did not just leave instead of damaging his reputation.
And also why did the board extend his contract after they refused to back him with players that he wanted.
He signed a new contract in Jan 2018. It was later - summer 2018 - that the board refused to buy him new players. I don't think walking away was an option unless a better job was waiting for him.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
do keep up
Next up: Inter Milan

tfco wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Why is there a thread for this irrelevant coach. Coach that can only win when he spends more than the opponent. .
Porto.
What year was that?

And is that same squad that had players like Deco on it?
does the year matter?

Other than deco, who else can you name? thank you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: do keep up

tfco wrote:
does the year matter?

To Deco or not to Deco, that is the question. I named a few others and you refused to thank me. You are fired!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

fired for parking the bus, the players had to throw him under the bus, i hope he learns, if you go to a club with a strong footballing tradition, if you decide to change , better make sure it works or revert back to the status quo!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cic old boy wrote:
benteke wrote: Yes i have also been asking me myself why he did not just leave instead of damaging his reputation.
He signed a new contract in Jan 2018. It was later - summer 2018 - that the board refused to buy him new players. I don't think walking away was an option unless a better job was waiting for him.
Yes but the so called list that he always talks about was passed on earlier or so, he always talked about his list and some 5 months ago if I'm following events correctly.
The is one thing that stood out for me, i was surprised to see them renewing the contract so early
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote: do keep up

tfco wrote:
does the year matter?

To Deco or not to Deco, that is the question. I named a few others and you refused to thank me. You are fired!
dear Ohenx2

thank you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:fired for parking the bus, the players had to throw him under the bus, i hope he learns, if you go to a club with a strong footballing tradition, if you decide to change , better make sure it works or revert back to the status quo!
you were not this goal when LVG got fired

hmmm, maybe. Just maybe...

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
dear Ohenx2

thank you
Time for it to stop paining you.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
dear Ohenx2

thank you
yeah...like LVG, like Jose

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Keano. I don't always agree, but this time, you're right

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
dear Ohenx2

thank you
We all know how it goes with thick tfco and pain. At least he has stopped disappearing from the forum for months to deal with pains :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

But tfco has a point sha. Mourinho has won trophies with Man U during the same period that Poch and Dean won nothing .
His main issue is that he is too troublesome... :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:But tfco has a point sha. Mourinho has won trophies with Man U during the same period that Poch and Dean won nothing .
Firing Mourinho for negative football should tell you that at Manchester United, it is not just about winning just any trophy. You have to play well and also realize that while all trophies are celebrated, trophies get level :taunt: :taunt: :lol:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:But tfco has a point sha. Mourinho has won trophies with Man U during the same period that Poch and Dean won nothing .
Firing Mourinho for negative football should tell you that at Manchester United, it is not just about winning just any trophy. You have to play well and also realize that while all trophies are celebrated, trophies get level :taunt: :taunt: :lol:
una win Uropa now, ah ah, dat one suppose count. Arsenal, Pool and Totoham combined fit win am?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

To get paid 22 million for parking the bus, i swear i am in the wrong business! i have been suffering for the past 6 months!
if united players pass the ball longer than 10 secs tomorrow, i will roll on the ground like those celestials! happy days are here indeed

Marko