Breaking news: Mourinho sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Breaking news: Mourinho sacked

Post by wiseone »

Truth. Ferguson advised him to keep the trophy machine coaching crew that knew the club and players inside out. He did not listen. Instead he brought a bunch of coaches from Preston North End to coach a squad full of World Cup, Champions League, Premier League, and FA Cup winners, and champion players - many of whom thought they were the best player in the country in their position.

Man Utd are still paying for those mistakes from 2013.
oloye wrote: If that foolish Moyes had listened and followed the foundation Sir Fergie put in place for him, perhaps he would still be at Old Trafford.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

tfco wrote:
Heliopolis wrote: My guess is he'll be out of work for a while enjoying that Manchester United money.
this gets mentioned quite a bit, i don't know why
"Jose wants to get fired so he can pocket 20MM, 15MM..."

One would think he was broke prior to landing this United job, and the payout is what will sustain him. IIRC Roman did settle him quite a bit, even some fancy car
My statement has nothing to do with the money; its more to do with the fact a manager of his stature and baggage only has so many top jobs available to him at this point. No big club in England will ever go for him again. Other than Real Madrid and Bayern, the top clubs are settled at manager. He can really only go back to Italy which will be a step down for him because other than Juventus the clubs there don't have the money to compete in Europe.

Maybe once he relaxes Mourinho will muster up the passion to take on a 2nd tier club again (relative to European standards) and try to turn them into world beaters.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Kabalega wrote:Jose Mourinho: The Inside Story of how his Man United tenure unravelled
http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/club/manch ... unravelled

Rob Dawson
Manchester United correspondent

Jose Mourinho's reign began to unravel in earnest over the summer, but an atmosphere of fear and paranoia had already set in long before. Such was the shadow he cast over Manchester United that it began to affect even the most innocuous of matters, even those far from the pitch.

When a member of his backroom unknowingly agreed to a blind date with a media personality, the meeting was swiftly moved from Manchester city centre to a rural Cheshire pub out of fear they would be spotted and Mourinho would find out. When the United employee sat down, his conversation starter was: "I could be sacked for being here."

There was no second date.

In the end, the appointment of Mourinho, one that looked certain to rescue United from the post-Fergie doldrums in May 2016, gradually became so toxic that Ed Woodward and the Glazers were forced to act.

See link for more gist..... :D
I read this story last night.

Makes it seem like Mourinho was a POS. Although I think he was out of line I don't understand why United didn't just get him the players he wanted. The amount of money we're talking here is chump change. People can make the legit argument that he wasted money and had a big war chest but is the 100 million pounds or so he wanted them to spend over the summer that much when the likes of City and PSG are fielding billion dollar sides.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Heliopolis wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Jose Mourinho: The Inside Story of how his Man United tenure unravelled
http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/club/manch ... unravelled

Rob Dawson
Manchester United correspondent

Jose Mourinho's reign began to unravel in earnest over the summer, but an atmosphere of fear and paranoia had already set in long before. Such was the shadow he cast over Manchester United that it began to affect even the most innocuous of matters, even those far from the pitch.

When a member of his backroom unknowingly agreed to a blind date with a media personality, the meeting was swiftly moved from Manchester city centre to a rural Cheshire pub out of fear they would be spotted and Mourinho would find out. When the United employee sat down, his conversation starter was: "I could be sacked for being here."

There was no second date.

In the end, the appointment of Mourinho, one that looked certain to rescue United from the post-Fergie doldrums in May 2016, gradually became so toxic that Ed Woodward and the Glazers were forced to act.

See link for more gist..... :D
I read this story last night.

Makes it seem like Mourinho was a POS. Although I think he was out of line I don't understand why United didn't just get him the players he wanted. The amount of money we're talking here is chump change. People can make the legit argument that he wasted money and had a big war chest but is the 100 million pounds or so he wanted them to spend over the summer that much when the likes of City and PSG are fielding billion dollar sides.
The problem is Mourinho could no longer be trusted with money! they have a bad game or 2, he crucifies them or leaves them to rot in the bench, look what he nearly did to Bailly, martial and wanted them out of the picture, sorry he had to go, we played boring football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
but were they favourites to win?
Are you shifting the goalposts? Remember: Which other player apart from Deco? Now, we are shifting to were they the favourites.

Time for you to shift to a new team.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
Are you shifting the goalposts? Remember: Which other player apart from Deco? Now, we are shifting to were they the favourites.

Mourinho will be back in management sooner enough, hopefully with a better attitude and coaching flexibility required at this level, as for England, he is damaged goods, no top 6 side will touch him with a barge pole, same applies to the top sides in Europe but if Real madrid want him, they surely can, best bet, he goes and re-invents himself in a mid table team with a bit of transfer funds, Ranieri did so with leicester and proved to be quite capable! for now, he should take a well deserved break and watch old videos of himself to remind himself of the old glory days!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
:clap: :clap:

so you know other players from that Porto team, good

and they won. period

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: Mourinho will be back in management sooner enough, hopefully with a better attitude and coaching flexibility required at this level, as for England, he is damaged goods, no top 6 side will touch him with a barge pole, same applies to the top sides in Europe but if Real madrid want him, they surely can, best bet, he goes and re-invents himself in a mid table team with a bit of transfer funds, Ranieri did so with leicester and proved to be quite capable! for now, he should take a well deserved break and watch old videos of himself to remind himself of the old glory days!
:lol: :lol:

so is RM a top side in Europe?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
:clap: :clap:

so you know other players from that Porto team, good

and they won. period
Do you know that apart Fellaini, Matic and Lukaku, it was another "palpable discord" with other players?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

so lowly Porto did win the UCL

thanks

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

marko wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:

Mourinho will be back in management sooner enough, hopefully with a better attitude and coaching flexibility required at this level, as for England, he is damaged goods, no top 6 side will touch him with a barge pole, same applies to the top sides in Europe but if Real madrid want him, they surely can, best bet, he goes and re-invents himself in a mid table team with a bit of transfer funds, Ranieri did so with leicester and proved to be quite capable! for now, he should take a well deserved break and watch old videos of himself to remind himself of the old glory days!
If Benitez can bite the bullet to coach Newcastle, why not Mourinho?

I would sign him on a 2 year contract because we all know what happens in his 3rd year. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks
"Lowly" previous winners with more than half the Portugal national team. But WE only know Deco. Show Porto some "respect, respect, respect".
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

not certainly a coach for the long term, he gets bored easily then plays rubbish football to get a massive pay off!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

cic old boy wrote:
me personally, i dont like this! it this was true! Mr Pogba, now that mr anti-football has been dismissed, you better step up and show the football world what you are capable of, you did it at the world cup, you did it at Juventus, go put those stupid football punters to shame! you dont have any more excuse not to show what you can do on te pitch!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

https://www.balls.ie/football/mourinho- ... ggs-403232

Apparently Woodward told Mourinho to keep Giggs on the coaching staff when Mourinho took over. However Mourinho refused because he felt he could not trust a man who had an affair with his own brother's wife for 9 years.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks
"Lowly" previous winners with more than half the Portugal national team. But WE only know Deco. Show Porto some "respect, respect, respect".
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes, world beaters Portugal.
Having 1/2 your NT in a club side means a lot

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
me personally, i dont like this! it this was true! Mr Pogba, now that mr anti-football has been dismissed, you better step up and show the football world what you are capable of, you did it at the world cup, you did it at Juventus, go put those stupid football punters to shame! you dont have any more excuse not to show what you can do on te pitch!
IF it was true....I'm surprised he didn't link it to naijaint

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:

Porto wins CL in 2004, Portugal finalists in the Euros in 2006. Show them some respect and turn a new page to 2018.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:

Porto wins CL in 2004, Portugal WINNERS in the Euros in 2006. Show them some respect and turn a new page to 2018.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nah, they were beaten in the final by a bus-parking Greece. Bus-parking works for some - sometimes.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
IF it was true....I'm surprised he didn't link it to naijaint
If it's true then I'm sorry Pogba is a cvnt. Forget about Mourinho, fans out their money, emotion and life following the club from city to city and sometimes abroad when their hopes of expecting a decent showing of their club is already a non starter because of over bloated ego not putting in a shift.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!