Kelechi and Ndidi against Man City

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Kelechi and Ndidi against Man City

Post by 1naija »

maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
shaq wrote:
1naija wrote:
shaq wrote:Funny, I was just thinking that the speed of the Premier league may be the issue with Nacho, plus he also seems to lack a center of gravity, with the way he topples over easy (or perhaps its just a technique issue).

Whatever the case, he seems to have regressed quite a bit.
A team missed 3 whole penarities, but na regression you dey tok about? Your head dey house so?
I'm only concerned about the naija players. The Leicester Team na yeye.

Exactly my point. Don't you think the "suckness" of a team can make a good player suck? Iheanacho played much better at Man City than he is playing now. I blame the team. If Ndidi played for Barcelona or Real Madrid he would be called World class!
He’s playing for the wrong team, however like Oloye stated, the same deficiencies were evident in his game there, however his strengths (finishing) covered them. But on a team where the chances are few and far between his deficiencies stick out like a sore thumb.

Deficiencies exist with EVERY player, that's why a player like Sterling looks like a World Class player week in week out at Man City but was below ordinary for England that did not have the support cast and system to make him flourish. Those of us that have played this game at the highest level ...Bay City Co-ed League in Clear Lake Texas can attest to this.
Last edited by 1naija on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
shaq wrote:
1naija wrote:
shaq wrote:Funny, I was just thinking that the speed of the Premier league may be the issue with Nacho, plus he also seems to lack a center of gravity, with the way he topples over easy (or perhaps its just a technique issue).

A team missed 3 whole penarities, but na regression you dey tok about? Your head dey house so?

Exactly my point. Don't you think the "suckness" of a team can make a good player suck? Iheanacho played much better at Man City than he is playing now. I blame the team. If Ndidi played for Barcelona or Real Madrid he would be called World class!
He’s playing for the wrong team, however like Oloye stated, the same deficiencies were evident in his game there, however his strengths (finishing) covered them. But on a team where the chances are few and far between his deficiencies stick out like a sore thumb.

Deficiencies exist with EVERY player, that's a player like Sterling looks like a World Class player week in week out at Man City but was below ordinary for England that did not have the support cast and system to make him flourish. Those of us that have played this game at the highest level ...Bay City Co-ed League in Clear Lake Texas can attest to this.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

shaq wrote:
1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
shaq wrote:
1naija wrote:

Deficiencies exist with EVERY player, that's a player like Sterling looks like a World Class player week in week out at Man City but was below ordinary for England that did not have the support cast and system to make him flourish. Those of us that have played this game at the highest level ...Bay City Co-ed League in Clear Lake Texas can attest to this.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Guy dey craze :rotf: But the issues Kelechi was showing at Man City were fundamental basics that any player playing on such a big team shouldn’t have. Without fixing those no big team that will create loads of chances for the striker will take a chance on him because there are a lot of strikers who can finish without these basic deficiencies.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote:
Sunset wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:I went back to watch highlights of the first game of the 2013 u17 FIFA World Cup and now believe certain aspects of both Nacho and Success game has been coached out of them.
You too, you see am?
I've asked here before....how does one lose those basics skills in the adult game?
How does this so-called 'first touch' abandon a player just because he is playing senior football?
- The laws of motion and gravity remain the same.
- The ball is no heavier and does not move any faster or differently.
- His foot-eye coordination shouldn't be any worse than it was as a youth player.

We are talking about first touch, not what he is able to do with the ball thereafter - which would obviously be subject to the level at which he is playing and the quality of the opposition.
First touch is a pretty basic skill.
I don't get it
No one is saying he lost any of those attributes, it's more that he hasn't adapted his game to suit the physicality and intensity of senior football. Just compare his mere presence on the pitch to the likes of Ndidi or even Success, he is just so complacent and theres no sense of urgency to it (a horrible combination to have in English football).
Sunset, I am actually saying he may well have lost them.
The question for me is how and why?
Personally I feel his top-class technique and finishing made him complacent in improving the rest of his game, and the EPL is one league where you don't want to be lacking physically. I also feel he needs to go to somewhere like La Liga where there is probably less physical pressure with an emphasis on possession
Good point you have here. Nacho's youth game was almost what we used to call a 'touch-me-not' kind of technique which is usually reserved for very skillfull players. So maybe the physicality of the EPL isnt allowing his natural game to express itself and subsequently his self-confidence has really been affected
Oh, well I'm saying he hasn't lost it, for me he just hasn't adapted his game to be productive with his general play, it's as if he himself doesn't know his strengths playing as a 9. Interestingly though he still leads the team in assists which for me points out his creative side that Puel isn't unlocking playing him alone as a 9.