Nigeria v Egypt friendly in march window

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

akamoke
Re: Nigeria v Egypt friendly in march window

Post by akamoke »

nzeogwu wrote:Every time we play Egypt in a Nations Cup year after qualification (either as a friendly or competitive), Nigeria makes it to a minimum of the semi final.

1980 1-0
1984 2-2
2010 1-3
2013 2-3
2019 ?
I think generally, Nigeria is a perennial Semi Finalist, assuming we qualify, in recent times, only in 2008 did we get knocked out early
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Heliopolis wrote:Seriously though, I've watched Egypt since 2001 and this is easily our worst team over this period. Take out Salah and we do not qualify for the WC, ACN, etc and are completely irrelevant within the continent. Last time I checked, Salah had as many NT goals as the other 22 players on the team combined (around 40). We don't have a play-maker to unlock defenses. Our midfield (including El-Nenny) sucks. The only way we can avoid conceding 2+ goals is when we put 8 bodies behind the ball.

I'll be happy if we make the semis in the ACN but even that doesn't mean anything given how weak African footy is.
WHY TAKE OUT SALAH?

Did he defect?
Bell
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bell wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:Seriously though, I've watched Egypt since 2001 and this is easily our worst team over this period. Take out Salah and we do not qualify for the WC, ACN, etc and are completely irrelevant within the continent. Last time I checked, Salah had as many NT goals as the other 22 players on the team combined (around 40). We don't have a play-maker to unlock defenses. Our midfield (including El-Nenny) sucks. The only way we can avoid conceding 2+ goals is when we put 8 bodies behind the ball.

I'll be happy if we make the semis in the ACN but even that doesn't mean anything given how weak African footy is.
WHY TAKE OUT SALAH?

Did he defect?
Bell

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics