Nigeria v Egypt friendly in march window

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria v Egypt friendly in march window

Post by vancity eagle »

according to both owngoal and complete sports we are playing Egypt in Nigeria on March 26 days after our final ANC qualifier with Seychelles.

It is reported on Egypts official twitter.

Very good development. I had said earlier we should play a north African side. This is great and we need to call up a strong squad.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria v Egypt friendly in march window

Post by ohenhen1 »

Would have preferred a better team. But Egypt will be okay.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

why is Naija avoiding Ghana?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rawlings wrote:why is Naija avoiding Ghana?

Because Ghana lost to Kenya, and Kenya lost to India :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Egypt will give us a stern test and is just as good as the SE if not better. Although we do have a slight advantage talent wise talent with the exception of Salah, Egypt actually plays better as a team than the SE.
ohenhen1 wrote:Would have preferred a better team. But Egypt will be okay.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Pinnick hinted at this a few days ago.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

And think they playing us in Nigeria according to nff
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Diplomat Rawlings, you dey forny (funny), well-well
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote:
Chief Rawlings, have you read this post or response?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

For the same reason Ghana is avoiding East Timor...
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

vancity eagle wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Abeg, una take it easy on our toilet, Rawlings. Being sh*t on too much. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Seriously, which TEAM is better than Egypt in Africa??? NONE!! NONE!!
The fact that some Nigerian/Ivorien/ Cameroon ?Ghana players have made noise on international stage outside of Africa without winning any REAL adult/senior trophy does not mean they are better than EGYPT. They dominate continental club competitions. Someone was gloating about IICC :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: of 1976 afr cup wins recently, something that made me nauseous......Something Egypt has won more than all the noise maker countries combined. At the peak of the Golden generations of Ghana and CIV recently, guess who was winning ANC? Egypt beating them crazy to the trophy too
They beat South Africa @ ANC 96, beat Cameroon in Yaounde with Sam Eto....beat Drogba CIV....beat Ghana lst time......Beat Nig recently....
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

The real deal wrote:

The fact that some Nigerian/Ivorien/ Cameroon ?Ghana players have made noise on international stage outside of Africa without winning any REAL adult/senior trophy does not mean they are better than EGYPT. They dominate continental club competitions. Someone was gloating about IICC :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: of 1976 afr cup wins recently, something that made me nauseous......Something Egypt has won more than all the noise maker countries combined. At the peak of the Golden generations of Ghana and CIV recently, guess who was winning ANC? Egypt beating them crazy to the trophy too
They beat South Africa @ ANC 96, beat Cameroon in Yaounde with Sam Eto....beat Drogba CIV....beat Ghana lst time......Beat Nig recently....
We have no reason to be arrogant. Since 2013 we have showed nothing on African soil and only a few glimpses of brilliance on international level.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The real deal wrote:

Are you dating an Egyptian woman?? I have never seen so much asskissing for another country in 1 post.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Cito wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Mods move to Cricket forum please
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bret- hart wrote:
The real deal wrote:
Are you dating an Egyptian woman?? I have never seen so much asskissing for another country in 1 post.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My belle-ooooo!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/s ... ace-egypt/

NFF will do good to play the match at the Godswill Akpabio stadium in Uyo. The last match played against Uganda in Asaba was horrid because of the state of the pitch and its narrowness. The poor camera angles made watching the game on TV tedious. With the Egypt match being so high profile, we'll need to play the match at a venue that is more familiar to the players and is overall more amenable.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Easy win for Egypt :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Seriously though, I've watched Egypt since 2001 and this is easily our worst team over this period. Take out Salah and we do not qualify for the WC, ACN, etc and are completely irrelevant within the continent. Last time I checked, Salah had as many NT goals as the other 22 players on the team combined (around 40). We don't have a play-maker to unlock defenses. Our midfield (including El-Nenny) sucks. The only way we can avoid conceding 2+ goals is when we put 8 bodies behind the ball.

I'll be happy if we make the semis in the ACN but even that doesn't mean anything given how weak African footy is.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Every time we play Egypt in a Nations Cup year after qualification (either as a friendly or competitive), Nigeria makes it to a minimum of the semi final.

1980 1-0
1984 2-2
2010 1-3
2013 2-3
2019 ?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

When's the draw for AfCON 2019?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

bret- hart wrote:
The real deal wrote:

He must be living there under house arrest and commenting under heavy distress from the Egyptian Military officials :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!