CHUKWUEZE TO MADRID FOR $40M

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CHUKWUEZE TO MADRID FOR $40M

Post by Damunk »

wale1974 wrote:Let's hope he stays at Villareal and they can built the team around him like Riqiueme...........................Remember Amunike rushed to Barca and you all knew how that one ended.
Injury.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Damunk wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Let's hope he stays at Villareal and they can built the team around him like Riqiueme...........................Remember Amunike rushed to Barca and you all knew how that one ended.
Injury.
He joined in Dec 96 and he was MAINLY a sub till he got injured during the 97 off season...............He was a king at Lisbon.
Something moving to big clubs can backfire....................Henry at Juve and Viera at AC Milan comes to mind.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So players shouldn't move to big clubs again? Chei see poor critical thinking skills on full display :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Only losers will wish the boy remains at a smaller club. Let him go and experience what playing at the biggest stages feels like. Compete and earn your place. Because of lazy mentality like the one above in over 15 to 18 years no Nigerian has won the APOY...they want them to play for small clubs..smh..nah quantity una dey find
Bp,

How Villarreal be small club,? In Spain Villarreal is a mid club but never a small club
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

osita wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Only losers will wish the boy remains at a smaller club. Let him go and experience what playing at the biggest stages feels like. Compete and earn your place. Because of lazy mentality like the one above in over 15 to 18 years no Nigerian has won the APOY...they want them to play for small clubs..smh..nah quantity una dey find
Bp,

How Villarreal be small club,? In Spain Villarreal is a mid club but never a small club
Check the La Liga table they are 17th of 20, if they don’t pick it up they could get relegated. Maybe he can wait for that to move, but what if he gets hurt by then or a new coach comes in without Samu in mind and his PT drops? Have to strike while the iron is hot, there’s nothing wrong with going to a bigger team, if it doesn’t work out it’s easier to get a loan move coming from a big team.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

JACKAL wrote:
shaq wrote:Why are people applauding him not going to Atleti if they come knocking ?

That he is not good enough to play there ?

If he is not doing the business in Villareal, people will be saying he should start in the Segunda and work his way up.

Abeg how old was Mbappe when he got to the world stage ?

If Atleti comes calling and are willing to pay his worth, let him go there and shine. He is that good.

Why are we so conditioned to lowly standards sef ? :sneaky:

Shaq,

That is our people's Self esteem talking... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Because he is Naija, even though the experts are saying he is good enough, our people will want to send him to Belgium or second division somewhere to play.

But that French boy..dat one na correct master because he is french.

Do they think the club who wants to pay $40M for him is stupid ? They send all their expert people who know the fine points of the game to go watch him and they concluded he is that good. But not my naija brothers 0! They know better !

This is the reason why some Nigerians have no problem with Nike paying France FA $54 Million a year and our NFF $3.75 M for 4 years for promotional fees even though we outsold everybody in Shirts sales in the world at the last WC.

I tire for my Naija people o !! :atc: :atc:
Seriously dude,are you comparing the world champions with the most talented youngster in the world with a team that went to the world cup to learn??
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:So players shouldn't move to big clubs again? Chei see poor critical thinking skills on full display :rotf:
Everything in life is timing............I guess that doesn't apply to u. :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

gochino wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
shaq wrote:Why are people applauding him not going to Atleti if they come knocking ?

If he is not doing the business in Villareal, people will be saying he should start in the Segunda and work his way up.

If Atleti comes calling and are willing to pay his worth, let him go there and shine. He is that good.

Shaq,

Because he is Naija, even though the experts are saying he is good enough, our people will want to send him to Belgium or second division somewhere to play.

Do they think the club who wants to pay $40M for him is stupid ? They send all their expert people who know the fine points of the game to go watch him and they concluded he is that good. But not my naija brothers 0! They know better !

This is the reason why some Nigerians have no problem with Nike paying France FA $54 Million a year and our NFF $3.75 M for 4 years for promotional fees even though we outsold everybody in Shirts sales in the world at the last WC.

Seriously dude,are you comparing the world champions with the most talented youngster in the world with a team that went to the world cup to learn??
Gochio...Its too exhausting explaining all of this to you.. So don't sweat it. !! . :atc: :blink:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wale1974 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:So players shouldn't move to big clubs again? Chei see poor critical thinking skills on full display :rotf:
Everything in life is timing............I guess that doesn't apply to u. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Because you are guaranteed tomorrow eh?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Because you are guaranteed tomorrow eh?
Your Amala is still there for you tomorrow.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

maceo4 wrote:
osita wrote:
Bp,

Check the La Liga table they are 17th of 20, if they don’t pick it up they could get relegated. Maybe he can wait for that to move, but what if he gets hurt by then or a new coach comes in without Samu in mind and his PT drops? Have to strike while the iron is hot, there’s nothing wrong with going to a bigger team, if it doesn’t work out it’s easier to get a loan move coming from a big team.

So manu is a mid club in England for the last 20 yrs abi? How you rate a clubs ability is in their infrastructure , titles and capacity over the years. Villarreal May have be having challenges which some big and mid table clubs do have certain time in their history but does not make them a small club.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

osita wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
osita wrote:
Bp,

So manu is a mid club in England for the last 20 yrs abi? How you rate a clubs ability is in their infrastructure , titles and capacity over the years. Villarreal May have be having challenges which some big and mid table clubs do have certain time in their history but does not make them a small club.
Regardless of their history, would you want Samu following them to Segunda? Me I would take Athletico than relegation.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

JACKAL wrote:

Shaq,

JACKAL,

I think sometimes you have not deeply analyzed why things happen. Why did Nigeria sell 3 million shirts? Was it that Nigeria has enormous number of supporters all over the world? Was it that the Nigerian supporters have more cash than others? What was it? Frankly, Nike does that analysis.

In my opinion, Nigeria sold 3 million shirts is an aberration and not a pattern. How many shirts did Nigeria sell before the previous World Cup? The fact of the matter is that in this last WC, Nigeria allowed Nike great freedom to design their shirts. If you had read the Nike story, you should know this. Many other teams do not allow such freedom, instead they stick as close to their traditional designs as much as possible. It is that freedom granted by Nigeria that allowed a radical departure and, thus, the large number of demand. Perhaps, other teams will now dare to follow. Then coupled with instability in the Nigerian federation there are no guarantees that such freedom will continue to be granted in terms of design. I strongly feel that even if you and Trump ( :rotf: ) negotiate for Nigeria, you will not get the best shirt deal in the world for Nigeria when all variables are considered. Granted Nigeria should have gotten a better deal than what they ended up with but no way would they have gotten a better deal than France. Take that to the bank because there are downside baggages that Nigeria also brings to the table.

In any case, the above appears to derail the thread. Thus, let me return to Chukwueze. The way I see it, Chukwueze is no regular player. The boy is the real deal. In my opinion, he should not go to relegation with Villareal. He has the talent to play in any top team in the world as long as you do not have a conservative coach who seeks to play older players. This guy, as I see it, may end up being the best player ever to come out of Nigeria. Perhaps, I am biased but I am telling it the way I feel after watching a few of his games. Just my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Enugu II wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Shaq,

JACKAL,

I think sometimes you have not deeply analyzed why things happen. Why did Nigeria sell 3 million shirts? Was it that Nigeria has enormous number of supporters all over the world? Was it that the Nigerian supporters have more cash than others? What was it? Frankly, Nike does that analysis.

In my opinion, Nigeria sold 3 million shirts is an aberration and not a pattern. How many shirts did Nigeria sell before the previous World Cup? The fact of the matter is that in this last WC, Nigeria allowed Nike great freedom to design their shirts. If you had read the Nike story, you should know this. Many other teams do not allow such freedom, instead they stick as close to their traditional designs as much as possible. It is that freedom granted by Nigeria that allowed a radical departure and, thus, the large number of demand. Perhaps, other teams will now dare to follow. Then coupled with instability in the Nigerian federation there are no guarantees that such freedom will continue to be granted in terms of design. I strongly feel that even if you and Trump ( :rotf: ) negotiate for Nigeria, you will not get the best shirt deal in the world for Nigeria when all variables are considered. Granted Nigeria should have gotten a better deal than what they ended up with but no way would they have gotten a better deal than France. Take that to the bank because there are downside baggages that Nigeria also brings to the table.

In any case, the above appears to derail the thread. Thus, let me return to Chukwueze. The way I see it, Chukwueze is no regular player. The boy is the real deal. In my opinion, he should not go to relegation with Villareal. He has the talent to play in any top team in the world as long as you do not have a conservative coach who seeks to play older players. This guy, as I see it, may end up being the best player ever to come out of Nigeria. Perhaps, I am biased but I am telling it the way I feel after watching a few of his games. Just my tuppence.
EII,

Let start by saying you and I can agree on your estimation of Chukwezee.

As for the merchandise selling: The Cat is already out of the bag. Why would they put it back ! And yes, i believe other nations will follow suit. Expect to see more funky looking shirts from other nations in years to come. Sales is king in business and the lure of the money wrapping it up in patriotic zeal will be too good to pass up. The shirt selling and merchandise selling business at the national level is about to explode.

If indeed the NFF did negotiate for a 10% gross deal with Nike, don't be surprised if they got $100MM check from NIKE at the next world cup. I believe they will sell over $1Billion in Nigerian Merchandise by the end of next WC. Unfortunately for Nigeria, that only translates to $25M over 4 years. Still way below the France threshold. Going by those standards...that is not the "Art of the deal" :rotf: :rotf:

chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Diego Simeone is a bit racist.. See how he has now restricted Thomas Partey game time.. If Chukwuneze switches, he might end up being converted to a Right/Left back/ wing back..

Chukwuneze should stay longer and develop more at Villereal.. Amongst his U17 peers of 2015, only him is playing steady now and market value going up. Compare him with Kelechi nwakali, Victor Osimhen, all these players were better prospects, but money, greed and wrong club decisions have cost them.. If Samu is really 19/20, two or 3 years more in Villereal, provided they are in LaLiga1 wont hurt him... Develop..
afc##
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I would rather he stays at Villareal and develop for about 2-3 years b4 moving on to a bigger team. These guys shouldn't be rushed into signing for big clubs. The way they treat African players in big European clubs is terrible and I wouldn't want Chukwueze to get stuck up in a club that doesn't value him ala Kelechi Ihenacho and Man Shitty. Also I don't trust Diego Simeone at all.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Na wa people and false allegations/Slandering. You’re calling him a racist without any proof just hope no one falsely slander your name
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

chuks69 wrote:Diego Simeone is a bit racist.. See how he has now restricted Thomas Partey game time.. If Chukwuneze switches, he might end up being converted to a Right/Left back/ wing back..

Chukwuneze should stay longer and develop more at Villereal.. Amongst his U17 peers of 2015, only him is playing steady now and market value going up. Compare him with Kelechi nwakali, Victor Osimhen, all these players were better prospects, but money, greed and wrong club decisions have cost them.. If Samu is really 19/20, two or 3 years more in Villereal, provided they are in LaLiga1 wont hurt him... Develop..
Partey makes many costly mistakes when he starts games.
Maybe SImeone needs to be more patient with Partey's mistakes until he irons them out but it is just not realistic.

Many talented U-17 players do not make it big.
Naija was lucky with the Kanu era (age debates and all...)

Ghana hit the jackpot with a solid spine with M. Essien and Co. Many of their teammates fell by the wayside along the way.

Chukwueze is young and needs challenges to develop otherwise his game will stagnate.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

wale1974 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Injury.
He joined in Dec 96 and he was MAINLY a sub till he got injured during the 97 off season...............He was a king at Lisbon.
Something moving to big clubs can backfire....................Henry at Juve and Viera at AC Milan comes to mind.
He was already injured before he joined Barcelona. He failed the Medicals at Barca but Bobby Robson who was his manager in Lisbon insisted on signing him. Barcelona never saw the best of Amunike.
I am happy