CITY VS LIVERPOOL (2-1) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CITY VS LIVERPOOL (2-1) FT

Post by oloye »

Heliopolis wrote:That was an excellent game to watch. One of the best I've seen in a while. I felt like I was watching a tactical masterpiece.

The game was balanced until City took control from around the 20th-60th minutes. Despite his goal I felt Aguero was a liability with his poor dribbling and decisionmaking. I understand why he's out there but Sterling is such an enigma; a more decisive winger in his role today would've ran riot on Liverpool. Despite all his shortcomings today, he set up the winning goal so he earned his shirt. Sane had an up and down game but caused problems all day for Liverpool.

It was strange to see Liverpool on the defensive in an EPL game. Other than Mane's first half chance and their goal they struggled to create much.

Lets see how they react after such a big loss. They have a 4 point lead so they can't be too upset and sooner or later they would have to deal with adversity. One of the things they have going for them is a much easier schedule until mid-February than City.
I take it you missed the Sallah chance in the seco d half, the one Ederson saved that almost had Pepe running mad because of a foul leading to the chance that was not called.
Mane's chance was not a half chance, it was a full chance that was thrown away by carelessness. Aguero's goal is what a half chance looks like IMHO.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:That was an excellent game to watch. One of the best I've seen in a while. I felt like I was watching a tactical masterpiece.

The game was balanced until City took control from around the 20th-60th minutes. Despite his goal I felt Aguero was a liability with his poor dribbling and decisionmaking. I understand why he's out there but Sterling is such an enigma; a more decisive winger in his role today would've ran riot on Liverpool. Despite all his shortcomings today, he set up the winning goal so he earned his shirt. Sane had an up and down game but caused problems all day for Liverpool.

It was strange to see Liverpool on the defensive in an EPL game. Other than Mane's first half chance and their goal they struggled to create much.

Lets see how they react after such a big loss. They have a 4 point lead so they can't be too upset and sooner or later they would have to deal with adversity. One of the things they have going for them is a much easier schedule until mid-February than City.
I take it you missed the Sallah chance in the seco d half, the one Ederson saved that almost had Pepe running mad because of a foul leading to the chance that was not called.
Mane's chance was not a half chance, it was a full chance that was thrown away by carelessness. Aguero's goal is what a half chance looks like IMHO.
Uncle thank you for calling it as it is,people making stuff up as if we did not watch the game.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:

Uncle thank you for calling it as it is,people making stuff up as if we did not watch the game.
you all misread his post. He did not call Mane's chance a "half chance". He called it "first half" chance, as in a chance that occurred in the first half.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

balo wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

aboa...ewu

you think this is Crappasliga where you win it by December

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That clearance from Stones off the line in the first half was so close. About 99% of the ball was over the line! NBCSN gave an amazing stat yesterday that the there was only 1.2cm preventing the entirety of the ball from crossing the line.

:shock:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

tfco wrote:
balo wrote:

aboa...ewu

when did he win it last year? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: Didn't Mourinho win the league with Chelsea by October or something :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: when Diego Costa + Fabregas dominated every opponent?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
tfco wrote:
balo wrote:

aboa...ewu

when did he win it last year? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: Didn't Mourinho win the league with Chelsea by October or something :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: when Diego Costa + Fabregas dominated every opponent?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: when did facts matter to that one? Send him back to twitter to copy and paste another meaningless rambling thought.
Last edited by metalalloy on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

They were playing City. That being said, still wondering what Klopp was smoking when he started a pipe like Henderson in such a fixture.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Shaqiri was useless yesterday. Sabotaged Klopp's trust.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

balo wrote:Shaqiri was useless yesterday. Sabotaged Klopp's trust.

huh?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

huh?

He was giving the ball away at will.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

balo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

huh?

He was giving the ball away at will.

yo need to go back to your kitchen and come up with a new recipe to share with us.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Manchester City took their frustrations out on poor Rotherham United.

Named a very strong team and beat them 7 - 0.

Ajayi dashed them an OG to boot.

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

metalalloy wrote:That being said, still wondering what Klopp was smoking when he started a pipe like Henderson in such a fixture.
:???: :???: :???: But...but...but Captain "always give me the armband if I step onto the field, even if it is only two seconds to go" Henderson firmly believes he is all that and a big bag of chips too. Did you not see him yelling at Oga Van Dijk for a trivial error a few games ago? Please respect the lionhearted lumberjack Englishman o! He knows how to fight and get stuck in. :idea: