This is Classic High Pressure

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
This is Classic High Pressure

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
2think
Egg
Egg
Re: This is Classic High Pressure

Post by 2think »

whoa!
Hounding of the opposition like that can destabilize them, but could also
prove kamikaze.

...But I like it :thumb:
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

2think wrote:whoa!
Hounding of the opposition like that can destabilize them, but could also
prove kamikaze.

...But I like it :thumb:
Very
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Holy smokes!! Teams would get destroyed doing that in today's game with much more technical players to pass out of a kamikaze press
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Haha. They play like little children at the playground. They will get destroyed in modern football playing like that
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

That was an eye sore.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Ugbowo wrote:That was an eye sore.
:clap:

football, specifically the offside rule, has evolved from that nonsense

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Who was the tactical geniuse who invented this, gosh it does work. The point about tactics like this especially when new, it makes the opposition look foolish. I saw Brasil struggle and made to look silly as they kept on rushing into offside position. Now I see where that offside movement that was well utilised in our time came from.. Damn I mean keeping someone offside even from a keeper's kickout.... Brilliant. And that movement like swarm of Bees, now I know where Ahmodu Shuaibu got that from. We do not move as a whole, but in our 442 formation, the 4 in the middle move in a hounding formation... Like pack of wolves. It does work especially against teams who have no clue what is unfolding before them...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

oloye wrote:Who was the tactical geniuse who invented this, gosh it does work. The point about tactics like this especially when new, it makes the opposition look foolish. I saw Brasil struggle and made to look silly as they kept on rushing into offside position. Now I see where that offside movement that was well utilised in our time came from.. Damn I mean keeping someone offside even from a keeper's kickout.... Brilliant. And that movement like swarm of Bees, now I know where Ahmodu Shuaibu got that from. We do not move as a whole, but in our 442 formation, the 4 in the middle move in a hounding formation... Like pack of wolves. It does work especially against teams who have no clue what is unfolding before them...
But doesnt the rules say you cant be offside from a goal kick... or was that something that was brought in later?

I must say the tactic looked a bit wild but it has evolved since then which Pep's Barca utilised to great effect. It is definitely takes a lot of balls to pull off :shock:
YNWA
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

heavyd wrote:
oloye wrote:Who was the tactical geniuse who invented this, gosh it does work. The point about tactics like this especially when new, it makes the opposition look foolish. I saw Brasil struggle and made to look silly as they kept on rushing into offside position. Now I see where that offside movement that was well utilised in our time came from.. Damn I mean keeping someone offside even from a keeper's kickout.... Brilliant. And that movement like swarm of Bees, now I know where Ahmodu Shuaibu got that from. We do not move as a whole, but in our 442 formation, the 4 in the middle move in a hounding formation... Like pack of wolves. It does work especially against teams who have no clue what is unfolding before them...
But doesnt the rules say you cant be offside from a goal kick... or was that something that was brought in later?

I must say the tactic looked a bit wild but it has evolved since then which Pep's Barca utilised to great effect. It is definitely takes a lot of balls to pull off :shock:
I think the case here is when the keeper while in possession(ball in hand after a save} of the ball kicks the ball out. I want to believe that the ball at that point is deemed to still be in play as opposed to a kick out from when the ball goes out of play.

Of course the tactic looked wild, but this is so with the benefit of hindsight, I can imagine how frustrated the opposition would feel and how awesome it must have been perceived at the time. Gosh just watch as the opposition keep running into offside positions, as a defender, brilliant. You need to be on the field of play to see how frustrating it can be to the opposing side who after carefully putting together a good move are told sorry you are off, just because the defenders timed their runs carefully. If you think it is an easy task that coordination of movement, then I can understand why many cannot see the brilliance, all it takes for the system to break down is one defender being out of sync and keeps the play on.

Yes it looks wild but that movement took a lot of hard work to perfect, of course it has been improved upon like every tactics in the game, but it is good to see this tactics in its crudest form, it helps to appreciate the origin and how it looked in the beginning. I saw Brasil, Germany all looked clueless against that tactic, which meant it worked to a certain degree back at the time.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
heavyd wrote:

I think the case here is when the keeper while in possession(ball in hand after a save} of the ball kicks the ball out. I want to believe that the ball at that point is deemed to still be in play as opposed to a kick out from when the ball goes out of play.

Of course the tactic looked wild, but this is so with the benefit of hindsight, I can imagine how frustrated the opposition would feel and how awesome it must have been perceived at the time. Gosh just watch as the opposition keep running into offside positions, as a defender, brilliant. You need to be on the field of play to see how frustrating it can be to the opposing side who after carefully putting together a good move are told sorry you are off, just because the defenders timed their runs carefully. If you think it is an easy task that coordination of movement, then I can understand why many cannot see the brilliance, all it takes for the system to break down is one defender being out of sync and keeps the play on.

Yes it looks wild but that movement took a lot of hard work to perfect, of course it has been improved upon like every tactics in the game, but it is good to see this tactics in its crudest form, it helps to appreciate the origin and how it looked in the beginning. I saw Brasil, Germany all looked clueless against that tactic, which meant it worked to a certain degree back at the time.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ugbowo wrote:That was an eye sore.
Lol. Absolute madness.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Guardiola is currently doing exactly the same thing - but with adaptation to the current modern day football. I’m sure at some point in the future we’ll look back at his team and imagine how crazy a tactic he deployed.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?