UZOHO TO CYPRUS, JOEL OBI TO TURKEY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
UZOHO TO CYPRUS, JOEL OBI TO TURKEY

Post by vancity eagle »

According to complete sports

Very dissapointing for our #1 goalkeeper.

We need to be looking at other options.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UZOHO TO CYPRUS, JOEL OBI TO TURKEY

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote:According to complete sports

Oh well
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Uche Agbo joins Rayo Vallecano on loan till the end of the season.
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nigerians single handedly destroyed uzoho image. I know that agents/clubs are skeptical about giving the young man a chance. They believe that he is already old and has no room for improvement SMH at Nigerians.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

A 20 year old African goalkeeper moves to Cyprus, ostensibly to get more playing time and you say it is dissapointing. Pray tell me where our greatest goalie, Vince Enyeama was at 20.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He shoulda gone to Bayern instead. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Goal keepers need playing time regardless!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

john12 wrote:Nigerians single handedly destroyed uzoho image. I know that agents/clubs are skeptical about giving the young man a chance. They believe that he is already old and has no room for improvement SMH at Nigerians.
Who are these Nigerians? I want to examine their single hands!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Uzoho is still our best option, so Rohr will stick with him despite the move. He's only 20 so he has time to get his career back on track. Overall this January transfer window has been underwhelming for Nigeria players.

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Dude is overrated anyway.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Uzoho is mediocre. The worst thing that can happen to Nigerian football is if Uzoho goes to the ANC as our #1 and Nigeria does relatively well. That would perpetuate mediocrity on the national team :!:

Cheers.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Uzoho is mediocre. The worst thing that can happen to Nigerian football is if Uzoho goes to the ANC as our #1 and Nigeria does relatively well. That would perpetuate mediocrity on the national team :!:

Cheers.

Yes because the likes of Akpeyi who is a journeyman in South Africa and Ikechuwku Ezenwa who is 3rd choice at Eyinmba are far better options :roll: :dream:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

bret- hart wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Uzoho is mediocre. The worst thing that can happen to Nigerian football is if Uzoho goes to the ANC as our #1 and Nigeria does relatively well. That would perpetuate mediocrity on the national team :!:

Cheers.

Yes because the likes of Akpeyi who is a journeyman in South Africa and Ikechuwku Ezenwa who is 3rd choice at Eyinmba are far better options :roll: :dream:
Do you even know what journeyman means :?: :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

THE SOLUTION IS OUT THERE

Develop the domestic league or start the W/African regional league. I have provided templates for both.
Bell
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Cyprus ke for what, to deliver letter to the Corinthians ?

this automatically hand the starting jersey to Ezenwa or Apkeyi who are at least plying their trade in footballing nations
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

Cheers.

Do you even know what journeyman the means :?: :!:

Cheers.
Journeyman made a journey from naija to South Africa :lol:
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bell wrote:THE SOLUTION IS OUT THERE

Develop the domestic league or start the W/African regional league. I have provided templates for both.
Bell
West African league is unrealistic. The cost of traveling to games will be beyond most teams

The domestic league is indicative of the local economy, readily available superior option of European leagues st a fraction of the cost and minimum travel.

Other conditions have to be conducive for our league to develop. It will never happen in isolation
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...as long as he is between the goal post every week playing for (a) club, don't care if it's a practice squad. Anything to keep him sharp vs sitting on the bench every week.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

mcal wrote:...as long as he is between the goal post every week playing for (a) club, don't care if it's a practice squad. Anything to keep him sharp vs sitting on the bench every week.
Abi o. Mugus hear
Cyprus and they start threading like a tailor. :laugh: no one has mentioned the name of the team or terms the of his move. Was it a loan or a permanent move?
OCCUPY NFF!!
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Interestingly enough, he is going to the same club that Abdullahi Shehu made his name at. Don't understand any negative reaction to this. It is a 20-year old going on loan to play football at a professional level and improve. This is common in football especially for keepers who are the last position to develop. The most important thing is for him to be playing and learning, not sitting on the bench.

It is not Uzoho's fault that there is a dearth of good keepers in Nigeria right now, or that the manager has selected him to be #1. His timeline with the SE has been accelerated, but that doesn't mean that top teams are just going to give him the top spot, when he hasn't proven himself.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
mcal wrote:...as long as he is between the goal post every week playing for (a) club, don't care if it's a practice squad. Anything to keep him sharp vs sitting on the bench every week.
Abi o. Mugus hear
Cyprus and they start threading like a tailor. :laugh: no one has mentioned the name of the team or terms the of his move. Was it a loan or a permanent move?
tell me the last time Cyprus even ever qualified to compete in anything organized by fifa. are they even middle east or Europe which one
Last edited by jette1 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Is it a loan move?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wow, he goes on a 6 month loan move and they want to kick him off the SE team.

A 20 year old Goalkeeper that is still trying to establish himself. It takes time for Goalkeepers to develop.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx