Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 17756
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/01/04/s ... ree-agent/

Hope El capito can give us at least 1 more Afcon. Even WC sef. :thumb:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26413
Location: london
can still do a job for the likes of West ham, Watford, newcastle, mid-table premiership sides but i do agree, go to middle east and earn a fat pension!

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 17756
marko wrote:
can still do a job for the likes of West ham, Watford, newcastle, mid-table premiership sides but i do agree, go to middle east and earn a fat pension!


Abeg go siddon on top Suya pit. Mikel should go to Spain and enjoy the beautiful game for his last years as a pro. Epl is played out.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26413
Location: london
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
marko wrote:
can still do a job for the likes of West ham, Watford, newcastle, mid-table premiership sides but i do agree, go to middle east and earn a fat pension!


Abeg go siddon on top Suya pit. Mikel should go to Spain and enjoy the beautiful game for his last years as a pro. Epl is played out.


maybe true, thanks to Mourinho, made Mikel a bonifide sideways passer, Pogba was having none of it!

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:54 pm
Posts: 10953
Location: Umuda-Isingwu
marko wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
marko wrote:
can still do a job for the likes of West ham, Watford, newcastle, mid-table premiership sides but i do agree, go to middle east and earn a fat pension!


Abeg go siddon on top Suya pit. Mikel should go to Spain and enjoy the beautiful game for his last years as a pro. Epl is played out.


maybe true, thanks to Mourinho, made Mikel a bonifide sideways passer, Pogba was having none of it!



KPOM!!!

Difference in mentality.

_________________
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26413
Location: london
be a wise man, do not listen to what Mourinho has to say, especially if you are a skillful player, Mikel was an attacking midfield player but used as a defensive midfielder at Chelsea, Mourinho did not see him as an ideal attacking midfielder, same as he tried to change Pogba into, since Mourinho philosophy is about defence and maintaining your position

dont i wish Mikel played for united instead under Sir Alex, hmmm

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 43495
Should not have gone to China of you are not planning to retire there. Oh well ego inspires

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22595
Location: Ukwuani
marko wrote:
be a wise man, do not listen to what Mourinho has to say, especially if you are a skillful player, Mikel was an attacking midfield player but used as a defensive midfielder at Chelsea, Mourinho did not see him as an ideal attacking midfielder, same as he tried to change Pogba into, since Mourinho philosophy is about defence and maintaining your position

dont i wish Mikel played for united instead under Sir Alex, hmmm

I have always wondered what he would have been, or become had he gone to ManU, instead of Chelsea

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Last edited by Odas on Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26413
Location: london
Odas wrote:
marko wrote:
be a wise man, do not listen to what Mourinho has to say, especially if you are a skillful player, Mikel was an attacking midfield player but used as a defensive midfielder at Chelsea, Mourinho did not see him as an ideal attacking midfielder, same as he tried to change Pogba into, since Mourinho philosophy is about defence and maintaining your position

dont i wish Mikel played for united instead under Sir Alex, hmmm

I have always wondered what he would been or become had he gone to ManU, instead of Chelsea


dot really know but knowing Sir Alex, he would have made Mikel the number 10, no way Mikel will be made to defend like he did for Chelsea, well he won things at Chelsea so had a good career there anyway but i believe Sir Alex would have made Mikel a beast of a player and probably will be still in the set up

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 76044
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
marko wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
marko wrote:
can still do a job for the likes of West ham, Watford, newcastle, mid-table premiership sides but i do agree, go to middle east and earn a fat pension!


Abeg go siddon on top Suya pit. Mikel should go to Spain and enjoy the beautiful game for his last years as a pro. Epl is played out.


maybe true, thanks to Mourinho, made Mikel a bonifide sideways passer, Pogba was having none of it!


and what did the other Chelsea managers do with JMO?

How many trophies did he win as a 'sideways passer'?

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 39472
Location: Transition
He should return to Nigeria and help out a local football team thereby give the league a high profile.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:36 am
Posts: 1047
A noble thought but how does that help his family

Its a Goal wrote:
He should return to Nigeria and help out a local football team thereby give the league a high profile.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 17756
Its a Goal wrote:
He should return to Nigeria and help out a local football team thereby give the league a high profile.



Just like you have, abi?

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39021
Location: Land of the Terrapins
achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
marko wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
marko wrote:
can still do a job for the likes of West ham, Watford, newcastle, mid-table premiership sides but i do agree, go to middle east and earn a fat pension!


Abeg go siddon on top Suya pit. Mikel should go to Spain and enjoy the beautiful game for his last years as a pro. Epl is played out.


maybe true, thanks to Mourinho, made Mikel a bonifide sideways passer, Pogba was having none of it!



KPOM!!!

Difference in mentality.


Nah, difference is Pogba has played AM at a high level before so we know he's capable and was being neutered by Mourinho, but I don't understand why we keep thinking Mikel was/is capable of playing AM at any high level, we've seen him attempt at NT level and once the quality level is upped he can't hang just like in the WC he had to be moved back to DM position and you can't blame Mourinho for that. His biggest achievements with the NT have been with him playing deeper, dude is just not an AM regardless of Mourinho...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5042
Its a Goal wrote:
He should return to Nigeria and help out a local football team thereby give the league a high profile.


How much can he raise the profile by?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:02 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 25045
Location: Ikeja
Where is Pokey

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26413
Location: london
maceo4 wrote:
achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
marko wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
marko wrote:
can still do a job for the likes of West ham, Watford, newcastle, mid-table premiership sides but i do agree, go to middle east and earn a fat pension!


Abeg go siddon on top Suya pit. Mikel should go to Spain and enjoy the beautiful game for his last years as a pro. Epl is played out.


maybe true, thanks to Mourinho, made Mikel a bonifide sideways passer, Pogba was having none of it!



KPOM!!!

Difference in mentality.


Nah, difference is Pogba has played AM at a high level before so we know he's capable and was being neutered by Mourinho, but I don't understand why we keep thinking Mikel was/is capable of playing AM at any high level, we've seen him attempt at NT level and once the quality level is upped he can't hang just like in the WC he had to be moved back to DM position and you can't blame Mourinho for that. His biggest achievements with the NT have been with him playing deeper, dude is just not an AM regardless of Mourinho...


At the under 21s world cup, he played a more attacking midfield role, when he got to chelsea, Mourinho had over plans for him, tried to turn him to a box-to-box midfielder, same as he tried with Pogba, well Mikel won the champions league with Di Matteo so he had more than a decent career at Chelsea! 10 years

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39021
Location: Land of the Terrapins
marko wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
marko wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
marko wrote:
can still do a job for the likes of West ham, Watford, newcastle, mid-table premiership sides but i do agree, go to middle east and earn a fat pension!


Abeg go siddon on top Suya pit. Mikel should go to Spain and enjoy the beautiful game for his last years as a pro. Epl is played out.


maybe true, thanks to Mourinho, made Mikel a bonifide sideways passer, Pogba was having none of it!



KPOM!!!

Difference in mentality.


Nah, difference is Pogba has played AM at a high level before so we know he's capable and was being neutered by Mourinho, but I don't understand why we keep thinking Mikel was/is capable of playing AM at any high level, we've seen him attempt at NT level and once the quality level is upped he can't hang just like in the WC he had to be moved back to DM position and you can't blame Mourinho for that. His biggest achievements with the NT have been with him playing deeper, dude is just not an AM regardless of Mourinho...


At the under 21s world cup, he played a more attacking midfield role, when he got to chelsea, Mourinho had over plans for him, tried to turn him to a box-to-box midfielder, same as he tried with Pogba, well Mikel won the champions league with Di Matteo so he had more than a decent career at Chelsea! 10 years


U-20's is not senior level though and he didn't play AM, he played CM with Kaita more defensive in Siasia's 4-2-4. Even in the useless Chinese League he had been playing DM and Defense.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 31111
Its a Goal wrote:
He should return to Nigeria and help out a local football team thereby give the league a high profile.

What makes you think Nigeria football wants help? Some if not most of our people will frustrate you almost to the grave trying to help them. How about his family - should he take them along or keep leaving them behind?

Let Mikel decide what he wants to do :D

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26413
Location: london
pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
He should return to Nigeria and help out a local football team thereby give the league a high profile.

What makes you think Nigeria football wants help? Some if not most of our people will frustrate you almost to the grave trying to help them. How about his family - should he take them along or keep leaving them behind?

Let Mikel decide what he wants to do :D


you want to give those kidnappers a field day right? Nigeeia does not have the type of money the likes of Mikel will command

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 44909
Location: Akoko Highlands
He should come back to Chelsea and show how it's done. Jorginho needs help.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

[img];;http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 83511
Location: Earth
Ighalo should be quitting soon too

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mikel Quits China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38821
Location: Somewhere
Mikel and VM need to go to Arsenal. he is MUCH better than Xhaka.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], mystic, wale1974 and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group