Buhari orders EFCC to prosecute Pinnick. Travel ban imposed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Buhari orders EFCC to prosecute Pinnick. Travel ban impo

Post by 1naija »

Desperate Pajimoh
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

http://thenationonlineng.net/policemen- ... ck-others/

Security personnel attached to the Presidential Investigative Panel on Friday invaded the Nigeria Football Federation to effect the arrest of the NFF President, Amaju Pinnick and four other top officials.

The Policemen who were armed arrived the NFF glasshouse at about 11am with a warrant of arrest to pick up Amaju, NFF first and second vice presidents, Seyi Akinwunmi, Shehu Dikko, NFF Secretary general, Mohammed Sanusi and NFF technical committee chairman, Ahmed Yusuf Fresh. Unfortunately, none of them were around.

A source who witnessed the drama informed said the security guards at the federation made an attempt to challenge the policemen, but had to withdraw after they shown the warrant of arrest.

Read also: We are accountable to people — NFF
“They searched the offices and did not find anything or the people they were looking for, after the security guards allowed them access.

“I just wondered what would have happened if they were around,” our source said.

Recalled Chairman of the panel, Okoi Obono-Obla had on Wednesday said the five officials must clear their names following alleged fraud, mismanagement and misapplication of funds leveled against them.

But they failed to show up thus leading to the panel applying the use of force.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

And this is the cocksucker that wants to prosecute them. Good luck!
Source:
Buhari’s aide, Obono-Obla breaks silence on certificate scandalPublished on September 20, 2018 By Wale Odunsi

Mr. Okoi Obono-Obla, Chairman, Special Presidential Investigation Panel on the Recovery of Public Property, has denied reports that he was under pressure to resign.

Obono-Obla said on Thursday in Lagos that the matter on his certificate, which has been under scrutiny, was in court.

Obono-Obla, a senior special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari, is alleged to be in possession of an “invalid” Ordinary Level result, according to findings by the House of Representatives ad hoc Panel.

The panel had said in the course of its primary assignment, it discovered the presidential aide might have forged his way into the University of Jos where he studied and subsequently, the Nigerian Law School.

But Obono-Obla said that some people were after him for daring to investigate and expose assets hidden abroad by some powerful people in the National Assembly.

His spokesman, Emmanuel Nwachukwu, in a statement said: “The matter is in the Federal High Court, Abuja. It was filed since June 2018 and the House of Representatives Committee was duly served but they ignored the matter and went ahead to procure false witnesses to give evidence behind me.

“This is contrary to the Rules of the House of Representatives that say if a matter is in court it should be stayed pending its determination.

“Is the House of Representatives, a court of law? The answer is No! Is the House of Representatives, constitutionally empowered to investigate forgery or crime? The answer is No.

“Even though the matter is in court, the committee hastily and hurriedly turned the report to the media in July 2018. This was also done when the House was on recess without even waiting for it to be tabled before the House.

“’It is a hatchet job done to witch-hunt, harass, intimidate, ridicule and scandalise me because I dared to investigate and expose assets hidden abroad by some powerful people in the National Assembly”.
truetalk wrote:http://thenationonlineng.net/policemen- ... ck-others/

Security personnel attached to the Presidential Investigative Panel on Friday invaded the Nigeria Football Federation to effect the arrest of the NFF President, Amaju Pinnick and four other top officials.

The Policemen who were armed arrived the NFF glasshouse at about 11am with a warrant of arrest to pick up Amaju, NFF first and second vice presidents, Seyi Akinwunmi, Shehu Dikko, NFF Secretary general, Mohammed Sanusi and NFF technical committee chairman, Ahmed Yusuf Fresh. Unfortunately, none of them were around.

A source who witnessed the drama informed said the security guards at the federation made an attempt to challenge the policemen, but had to withdraw after they shown the warrant of arrest.

Read also: We are accountable to people — NFF
“They searched the offices and did not find anything or the people they were looking for, after the security guards allowed them access.

“I just wondered what would have happened if they were around,” our source said.

Recalled Chairman of the panel, Okoi Obono-Obla had on Wednesday said the five officials must clear their names following alleged fraud, mismanagement and misapplication of funds leveled against them.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

truetalk wrote:http://thenationonlineng.net/policemen- ... ck-others/
Another Dino case loading. If you are invited, honour the invitation.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Why has Buhari not instigated the EFCC to invite his wife, whose ADC blew the lid over a multi- billion scam and the famously corrupt Abba Kyari, his Chief of Staff, mired in several big money scandals?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"